Here you can find reviews of tourists who visited the Manama International Airport in Bahrain, as well as information about wireless Internet access, the presence or absence of lounges, facilities and services … and yes, even the names of some hotels at the airport in case you decide you are not comfortable sleeping at the airport!
We went straight to the pub, which is without a doubt the best place to relax at this airport. It is located behind an indescribably inconspicuous door (there are no signs that would say that this is the way to a bar in a Muslim country). — Traveler
To help you plan your stopover or overnight stay, we have compiled a brief instruction based on feedback from tourists visiting the airport.
- A small two-terminal international airport, with a large variety of shops, restaurants and services.
- A mixture of reviews on the passage of procedures at this airport: some report on the rapid and efficient registration and security services, others — on the long and slow queues and rude, unorganized staff.
- Free access to many places if you need to lie down.
- For uninterrupted sleep, take advantage of hotels near the airport. See the guide section below.
- Economy class passengers can use the first class lounge for a fee. See “Airport Lounges”.
For more information on the services and facilities of Bahrain Airport, scroll down. Send us your airport reviews to help update this information.
If you are traveling economy class, then you can use the waiting rooms of Bahrain Airport either by paying for this service one-time, or by using your membership in a particular program. For more information (such as cost, opening hours, and membership information), use the detailed hall descriptions below.
- Marhaba Arrivals Lounge — location: corridor for arrivals, air zone before immigration. Access to the waiting room: payment at the entrance ($ 16) • order online (£ 13.50 — prepayment for 24 hours)
- Marhaba Upper Lounge — Location: Airside, near exit 17B. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: payment at the entrance ($ 40) • order online (£ 22.00 — prepayment for 24 hours).
- Mahaba Lower Lounge — Location: Airside, near exit 31-36. Access to the waiting room: payment at the entrance ($ 40) • order online (£ 22.00 — prepayment for 24 hours).
- Dilmun Lounge — Location: Airside, 1st Floor, Exit 16. There are showers. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the door (BHD 18.00).
If you want to relax comfortably, use the services of hotels near the airport:
- Mövenpick Hotel — (3 min walk from the airport) located across the street from the airport. Airport transfer BD 3 in each direction.
- Dragon Hotel Resort — (10 minutes from the airport) airport transfer ($).
- Sea Loft Boutique Chalet — (10 minutes from the airport) airport transfer ($).
To select more hotels near Manama Airport, use the list on the Tripadvisor website to filter hotels by desired criteria.
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the airport, and there are also free internet kiosks.
- ATMs / terminals — yes, you can find level 1 in both directions (arrival, departure).
- Child care services — mother and child rooms are located throughout the airport, in the common area and in the air zone.
- Baggage carts — yes, in the arrivals area, level 1. Charges unknown.
- Banking Services — Ahli United Bank and NBB offer banking services.
- Rent a car — yes, see the section below.
- Currency Exchange — Travelex and BFC (Bahrain Financing Company) offer currency exchange services. Opening hours: around the clock.
- Duty free Shopping — Bahrain Duty Free offers 24/7 free trade.
- Food and drinks — there are non-stop food points, but their names and location are unknown.
- Information kiosk — can be found in the arrivals area, level 2, and the departure area, level one.
- Luggage storage and lockers — no.
- Medical Services — Departure Zone, Level 1, near Exit 12b. Opening hours: unknown.
- Pharmacy — Departure Area, Level 1, near Exit 12b. Opening hours: unknown.
- Prayer rooms — separate prayer rooms for men and women are located on the levels in the arrival and departure zones.
- Showers are in the Dilmun Lounge. [Cm. Airport Lounges above]
Around the clock.
Car rental services are located in an open area on the basement floor of the Arrivals hall. The following agencies replay their services: Al Kobaisi, Avis, Budget, Europcar, Gulf Car Hire, Hanco, Hertz, Montreal, National, Oscar, Sixt and U Drive.
Taxis are available in the transport area of the ground terminal around the clock. All taxis are counted and booking is not required. At the moment, the initial fare is 1 BD, with a price of 200 Fils per kilometer during the first period (6:00 AM — 10:00 PM). Prices are slightly higher during the second check-in period (10:00 PM — 6:00 AM). For an additional fee, a taxi will pick you up from the airport or hotel, take you to Hijiri during the holiday, take more than 5 passengers. Current pricing rates for the latest data: Muharraq 5 BD, Manama 6 BD, Saar 10 BD, Riffa 12 BD and Zallaq / F1 15 BD.