Here you will find tourists’ reviews about the Iraqi airport in Baghdad, as well as information about wireless Internet access, the presence or absence of rooms for rest, facilities and services … and yes, even the names of some hotels at the airport in case you decide sleeping at the airport is unacceptable for you!
You will have to pass 4 or 5 checkpoints, and dogs should sniff you and your luggage. — Traveler
To help you plan your arrival or arrival overnight, we have compiled a brief guide based on the feedback from travelers who have visited Baghdad Airport.
- The airport has a regular passenger terminal and a military terminal. The passenger terminal has three lounges: Hall A, B and C. The additional lounge is a VIP terminal reserved for receiving only foreign guests.
- Limited food choices.
- For February 2017 there are no reviews of tourists who spent the night at this airport. If possible, leave information for future travelers.
- For a comfortable sleep, use the services of nearby hotels. See “Hotels near the airport”.
In the guidebook we will use the following terms: “common access zone” and “air zone”. The common access zone is a public area located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. Airside — the protected area of the terminal, where you get after passing pre-flight control.
Currently no data available. If there is information, please share.
If you do not want to sleep at the airport, select a hotel nearby:
- Baghdad International Airport Hotel — located within walking distance of the VIP Palm Jet terminal with free airport transfer, this is the only hotel near the airport.
For more choices, use the list of hotels near Baghdad Airport on Tripadvisor by sorting the ones that suit you.
No data on availability.
- Currency exchange — yes
- Food and drinks — there is a restaurant, cafe, and also a snack bar. Hours and location are currently unknown.
- Post Office — yes.
No data. Therefore, we recommend that you first look for reviews about the possibility to spend the night at the airport on the Internet. If you have any information on this issue, please share it.
City buses run between the airport and the city center. Tickets are sold at the kiosk in the arrivals area of the airport.
Due to the high risk of car theft and random attacks, it is strongly recommended to rent a car with a driver from a trustworthy automobile service instead of renting a car for self-driving. Contact a private car service for a better choice of prices and reservations.
Some local hotels offer a shuttle service to and from the airport. Please contact the hotel for availability and conditions.
Taxis with counters and private taxis are available for hire in the transport zone of the airport. The car can also be pre-booked prior to arrival.