In this section you will find tourist reviews about Jordan’s Aqaba airport, as well as information about Wi-Fi, the presence or absence of rooms for rest, facilities and services … and yes, even the names of some hotels near the airport in case you decide to sleep in Airport unpleasant for you!
There is a toilet in front of the security desk, the number of seats is very limited. Only one duty free shop, one cafe where smoking is allowed. You can smell tobacco smoke everywhere. There is no currency exchange in the departure area, so you can not get rid of the Jordanian dinars, previously purchased at the airport — Mavi.
To help you plan your arrival or overnight stay, we have compiled a brief overview based on the feedback from travelers who visited King Hussein International Airport in Aqaba.
- The tiny only international airport terminal with a shop, cafe and not much else!
- Travelers who spend the night usually do this to catch an early flight.
- In fact, there is only one place to sleep in this tiny airport — in the waiting area on the floor of the common access area. For extra comfort, use a rug or a sleeping bag!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See the section “Hotels near the airport.” Below.
- Speaking of comfort, there is only one toilet at this airport, and he is in the landing zone! Keep this in mind when deciding to spend the night here.
For more information about the services and benefits available, scroll down to continue exploring our guide. Send us your feedback about the airport in Aqaba to keep the information up to date.
In the guidebook we will use the following terms: “common access zone” and “air zone”. The common access zone is a public area located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. Airside — the protected area of the terminal, where you get after passing pre-flight control.
Currently, we do not have reliable information on the availability of airport lounges for the first or business class.
If you do not want to spend the night at the airport, you can use the services of hotels near it:
- Moevenpick Resort Residences Aqaba — (10 minutes from the airport) free regular delivery to the airport.
- My Hotel — (12 minutes from the airport) airport transfer.
- Al Qidra Hotel Aqaba — (12 min from the airport) there is no delivery from the airport.
To find more options, use the list of hotels near Aqaba airport on Tripadvisor, sorting them out by the necessary criteria.
There is no reliable information about its availability at the airport.
- Banking services — at the moment we can not confirm the presence of a bank or ATM at the airport.
- Currency exchange — no.
- Duty free Shopping — there is a small duty free shop.
- Food and drink — a small cafe at the airport. Opening hours: unknown.
We currently have no information on opening hours, so we recommend that you use the reviews on the Internet before making a decision about staying overnight at this airport. If you have data, please inform us.
Some local hotels offer a shuttle service to and from the airport. Please contact the hotel for availability and other details.
You can hire a taxi on the square next to the airport during its opening hours.