Amman Queen Alia Airport Guide
In this section, you will find tourist reviews about Amman’s Jordanian International Airport, as well as information about wireless Internet access, presence or absence of lounges, facilities and services … and yes, even the names of some hotels at the airport in case if you decide that sleeping at the airport does not suit you!
The only problem was the lack of tea, coffee or food. We were there from 11 pm to 5 am — there were no open stores. — Jennifer.
If you need assistance in planning a stop or overnight stay here — use our instructions, compiled from reviews of tourists who have previously been here.
- A brand new, sleek and modern two-story passenger terminal with shops, a spa and many 24-hour restaurants!
- Fast, skillful airport operations, but immigration can be slow during rush hours.
- Free wifi. See the section in the guide below.
- For February 2017 we have no reviews from travelers who tried to sleep at this airport. Email us to help future travelers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See “Hotels near the airport.” Below.
- Economy class passengers can use the first class lounge for a fee. See the Airport Lounges section for details on location and prices.
For more information about the services and amenities of Queen Alia Airport, scroll down. Send your airport reviews to help us improve this information.
In the guidebook we will use the following terms: “common access zone” and “air zone”. The common access zone is a public area located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. Airside — the protected area of the terminal, where you get after passing pre-flight control.
If you are traveling in economy class, then you can use the specialized halls of Amman Airport for a comfortable wait either additionally, paying this service one-time, or using your membership in a particular program. For more information (such as cost, opening hours, and membership information), use the detailed hall descriptions below.
- Crown Lounge — Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 3rd Floor. There are showers ($). Opening hours: around the clock. Access to the waiting room: payment at the entrance (30 JOD) • online booking (£ 25.00 — prepayment for 24 hours).
- Petra Lounge — location: terminal 1, airside, near exit 208. There are shower rooms ($). Opening hours: around the clock. Access to the waiting room: order online (£ 23.00 — prepayment for 24 hours).
If you need more comfortable conditions for rest than the territory of the airport provides, you can choose a hotel nearby:
- AmmanAirportHotel — (5 minotairport). Free airport transfer around the clock. A designated hotel employee will meet you at the airport with a personalized poster, and will accompany you back to the airport for the departure flight. Airport service should be negotiated in advance.
You can choose the right hotel yourself using the list of hotels near Amman Airport on Tripadvisor.
Free internet is available.
- ATMs / terminals — yes, in the arrival hall.
- Rent a car — Avis • Europcar • Hertz National • Payless • Thrifty. Location: arrival hall of both terminals. Opening hours: around the clock.
- Currency exchange — four banks and several kiosks, offering exchange services. Location: Arrival Hall, Departure Hall, and Transit Zone.
- Children’s playgrounds — there is.
- Duty free Shopping — there is a duty free and many other shops. The Snax Convenience Store has 3 convenience stores: a public access area, a departure lounge • A public access area, an arrival hall • A plane landing area.
- Food and drink — there are shops open around the clock: Grab Go (short term parking) • Grab Fly Cafe (departure lounge) • Blue Fig (north pier, departure lounge) • World News Cafe (RJ check-in counters, departure lounge) • Shawarma Rama (central departure lounge area) • Jareer (central departure lounge area) • Brasserie Bar (central zone of departure hall) • Catalina Cafe Bar (south pier of the departure lounge) • Crumz (south pier of the departure lounge) • Starbucks (central zone of the departure lounge and arrival hall).
- Information desk — location: public access area, arrival hall. Opening hours: open 24 hours.
- Luggage storage and lockers — no.
- Medical assistance — first aid and ambulance are provided at the Medical Care Center in the Arrivals Hall, ground floor. Opening hours: open 24 hours.
- Charging mobile devices — free mobile charging is in the terminal.
- Pharmacy — Location: Terminal 1, Departure Hall and North Pier. Opening hours: open 24 hours.
- Prayer Rooms — Location: on departure and arrival levels.
- Recreation areas — Two quiet rooms are available for transit passengers: Hajj and Omrah Rest Rooms.
- Showers — located in Petra and Crown Lounges. See “Airport Lounges” section above.
- Spa — Bloom Spa — location: airside, north pier. Opening hours: around the clock.
The airport is open 24 hours.