In this section you will find reviews of airport travelers, as well as our Tunis airport guide with information on Wi-Fi, cafes, amenities and services … and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping at the airport is not for you!
“Throughout the night, I tried to fall asleep, sitting mostly upright on a hard plastic chair. The culmination of the night was an hour and a half conversation with several cleaners. ” Dale
To help you plan your flight or overnight stay, we have compiled a brief instruction based on the feedback from travelers who visited Tunis-Carthage Airport.
- Spacious and modern airport with one terminal of two floors and a limited selection of shops and restaurants.
- Wi-Fi is available. See this in the airport manual below.
- No designated smoking areas. Travelers and workers smoke almost anywhere in the airport terminal!
- Dinars are not accepted by shops and restaurants, so do not forget to exchange money in advance.
- As of December 2016, we have no reviews from travelers who have spent the night at this airport. Write a review to help future travelers!
- To spend the night, you can use hotels near the airport.
- Passengers traveling economy class, can purchase for an additional fee a place to stay in specialized airport lounges. For more information about the location of rooms for recreation, services and cost of the hall, see the guide to the airport.
- Some travelers warn about taxis, describing drivers as threatening and aggressive. Do not use taxis with broken counters and insist on using the counter during your trip!
- For more information about the services and amenities available at Tunis-Carthage Airport, scroll down. Send us your airport reviews to help us improve this information.
In the guidebook we will use the following terms: “common access zone” and “air zone”. The common access zone is a public area located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. Airside — the protected area of the terminal, where you get after passing pre-flight control.
- VIP Lounge (Arrivals Lounge) — Location: Airside, Arrival Hall, Ground Floor. Opening hours: around the clock. Access to the waiting room: PriorityPass card.
- VIP Room (Departures Lounge) — Location: airside, departure lounge, first floor. Opening hours: around the clock. Access to the waiting room: PriorityPass card.
Wi-Fi is available in the comfort rooms. (See Lounges for comfortable waiting at the airport above). Additional information about the availability of Wi-Fi in another location in the terminal is missing.
If sleep in the airport terminal hall is not for you, then there are several hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Paris Concorde (5 minutes from the airport). There is no transfer.
- Hotel Les Berges du lac Concorde (5 minutes from the airport). Transfer is absent.
- DaeElYasmine (8 minutes from the airport). Airport shuttle available upon request. The cost is 15 € one way, between 8:00 pm and 6:30 am — 20 €. If you use the service and from the airport you will receive 5 € discount.
- IbisTunis (10 minutes from the airport). Transfer is absent.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels in the Tunis airport area on Tripadvisor, which can be sorted by price.
- Banks — are available.
- Rent a car — yes, see the airport section below.
- Food and drink — yes (in both zones).
- Luggage storage — no.
- DutyFreeShopping– yes.
- Showers — no.
To date, we have not been able to confirm the opening hours of the airport. We recommend that you read several reviews before a long stay at the airport during the night. If you have information about airport hours, please let us know and we will update this guide.
Budget • Avis • Sixt • Hertz. Located in the arrival hall.
SNT buses depart every 30 minutes to the city center of Tunis. Tickets cost approx. 1 dinar TUT buses depart every 15 minutes. Tickets are more expensive as the buses are more comfortable. Prices: unknown.
A taxi rank is located outside the airport. Taxis are equipped with meters. You will also find drivers in the arrivals hall, but they can probably be more expensive.