In this section, you will find the Malaga Airport Guide with information on Wi-Fi, recreation areas, facilities and services, traveler reviews on the airport, as well as the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that an overnight stay at the airport is not for you.
To help organize your time at the airport, we offer traveler feedback on how they spent time at Malaga Costa del Sol International Airport.
- Modern and busy international airport with two (T2 and T3) passenger terminals. A wide variety of shops, restaurants and services, including round-the-clock.
- There is free wifi. See the Wi-Fi / Internet at the airport in the guide below.
- After the checkpoints are closed at night, passengers are limited only by the area outside. Passengers sleeping inside will have to return to the territory outside until the checkpoints are in place, and pass them again.
- The best place to sleep is in terminal 3, in the departure area. Behind the Burger King you will find a large windowsill with a view of the runway. This is a small place to sleep — popular, and if it is already taken, check the place next to the toilets on the basement floor. There are benches and sockets.
- Terminal 2 is more noisy and has no comfortable chairs or benches for sleeping, but if you have a sleeping bag or a travel mat with a blanket, you can sleep peacefully under one of the escalators.
- Regardless of where you decide to sleep, take a sleep mask, earplugs or noise-canceling headphones to block bright light and strong noise.
- Near the airport there are hotels where you can relax and spend the night. For more on this, see the Airport Hotels section below.
- Economy class passengers can use the recreation area for first-class passengers for an additional fee. Read more about its location and cost in the Airport Recreation Zones section.
For more information on services and amenities, go down below while continuing to study the Málaga Airport Guide. Send us your feedback on the airport to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guidebook we can refer to the location «inside» and «outside». «Outside» is a public area of the terminal, located in the unguarded part, before passing the security check. “Inside” is a protected area of the terminal, which you can reach after passing through security checks.
If you are traveling economy class, you can use the recreation areas at Malaga airport for an additional fee or using the membership program. Visit a separate page on recreation areas for more detailed information (amenities, opening times, cost information and membership program):
• Sala VIP T3 recreation area — Location: Terminal 3, inside, top floor. Opening hours 6.00-23.00. Payment at the entrance (19,11 €), with online booking (25 £), the program Priority Pass.
Unlimited free Wi-Fi is available at Malaga Airport. Connect to the kubiwireless network (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA). In addition, there are 12 Internet kiosks throughout the terminal.
If you do not want to stay overnight at the airport, we offer you a list of hotels located near Malaga airport:
- Holiday Inn Express Malaga Airport — (5 minutes from the airport terminal) is the closest hotel. The public bus «A», departing from the airport, stops 100 meters in front of the hotel. Provide a bus ticket at the front desk for a refund.
- Hotel Campanile Malaga Airport — (2 minutes from the airport terminal) is the closest hotel. The public bus of route “A”, departing from the airport, stops near the hotel.
- Hotel Malaga Picasso (3 minutes from the airport) — the hotel is easily accessible by taxi or bus.
- Hotel TRYP Malaga Guadalmar Hotel (5 minutes from the airport) — the hotel is easily accessible by taxi or bus.
The list of all hotels at Malaga airport will help you find cheap accommodation, on Tripadvisor you can sort by price.
More information about the service, amenities and other features at the airport:
- ATM / ATMs — located in terminal 3.
- Church — Location: Terminal 3, outside, P0, arrival area. Open from 6.00 to 22.30.
- Children’s play area — location: terminal 2, inside, first floor.
- Currency exchange — only four currency exchange offices. Location: Terminal 2, baggage claim, ground floor; terminal 3, baggage claim, ground floor; terminal 3, arrival zone, ground floor; Terminal 3, departure zone, first floor.
- Services for the whole family — if you are traveling with children, for them there is a children’s play area (location: terminal 2, inside, departure area) and a children’s room (location: terminal 2, inside, departure area).
- Food and Drinks — Mum’s Kitchen (terminal 3, inside, first floor) is open around the clock. You can also find vending machines in terminal 3, inside, in the B, C and D gate areas.
- Medical services — clinic in terminal 3, outside, ground floor.
- Information counter — only 5 racks, location: T3, P0 (outside); T3, P0 (inside); T3, P1 (outside); T3, P1 (inside); T2, P1 (outside).
- Luggage storage — no.
- Pharmacy — there are two pharmacies: location: terminal 3, outside, departure area, first floor; Terminal 3, inside, departure area, first floor.
- Showers — no.
At the moment we do not have information about the schedule of the airport. We recommend that you read some reviews in case you plan to spend the night at the airport. If you know the opening hours, please email us at [email protected], and we will make the appropriate changes to the guide.
- The following buses stop near the arrivals area of terminal 3:
- Express route No. 75 takes you to the city center in just 15 minutes. A one-way ticket worth € 3 is sold inside the bus for cash only.
- Avanzabús offers a service between the airport and Algechiras, lasting 1 hour 55 minutes. A one way ticket costs € 19.8. Buses depart at 7.00 and at 14.15 from the airport and from Algeciras at 11.30 and 18.50. There are also buses to and from Estepona, travel time is 1 hour and 15 minutes. One way ticket costs € 13.2. Buses leave at 7.45 and at 15.00 from the airport and from Estepona at 11.30 and 18.50. There are also buses to Marbella (45 minutes on the way, one way ticket € 9.2) with various departure options.
- Alsa buses leave for Motril, Seville and Granada.
- The bus route “M135” stops not at the bus stop at terminal 3, but at the cargo terminal. This bus runs between the airport and Alhoun de la Torre, Malaga and Santa Amalia from 7.00 to 20.30 or even later. The cost of one ticket is 1.65 €.
In terminal 2 (first floor) and in terminal 3 you will find the car rental counters of the following agencies: Avis, Enterprise, Europcar, Goldcar, Hertz, Record Go and Sixt.
Taxis running over the counter are available at terminal 3 outside the arrivals area. The initial fare for trips around the city is € 1.49 with a payment of € 0.86 per kilometer from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm, or € 1.85 + € 1.06 per km outside of this time period or on weekends / holidays. The fare for long-distance trips is € 0.58 per km from 6.00 am to 10.00 pm and € 0.70 per km at another time or on weekends / holidays. There is also an additional charge of € 5.5 for starting or completing the trip at the airport and small additional surcharges for the night, bulky luggage and for trips to the port of Levante.