In this section, you will find tourist reviews about the airport in Bermuda, as well as information about wireless Internet access, the presence or absence of rooms for rest, amenities and services … and yes, even the names of some hotels at the airport if you decide that sleeping at the airport is unacceptable for you!
“I told them my situation, but they said that they couldn’t let me stay inside for security reasons, but they would let me go inside if I had to go to the bathroom.” — Laberintoon2 (2015)
To help you plan your arrival or arrival overnight, we have compiled a brief instruction based on the feedback from travelers who have visited the airport in Bermuda.
Small airport with one terminal.
Technically, the airport is open 24 hours, but is not allowed to stay overnight.
Free wifi available.
Overnight is not allowed at the airport.
To take a nap during the day, you can find quite comfortable seating options.
For a normal sleep, there are hotels near the airport.
Economy class passengers can pay to use the first class lounge.
In this guide, we can refer to places as “shared zone” and “departure zone”. The common access area is the public area of the terminal located in the unprotected area prior to security. The departure area is a safe area of the terminal, which you must reach after passing through pre-flight control.
If you are an economy class traveler, you can enter the rest rooms at the airport either by purchasing a guest pass or through the membership program. Visit the page for more details (i.e. what is available, opening hours, and other membership information.):
Graycliff Luxury Lounge — Location: Terminal for departure to the USA, Gate C. Hours: 7:00 — 30 minutes before the last flight. Access to the waiting room: pre-registration (£ 22.00 — reservation is required at least 24 hours), Priority Pass
Free Wi-Fi is available at the airport in Bermuda in the departure area. Internet kiosks are also available on both levels, but prices are not known.
If you have a long stay at the airport, and superficial sleep in the rest rooms is not for you, then there are several hotels directly near the airport:
- Grotto Bay Beach Resort — (7 minutes from the airport) No transfer to the airport
- Clearview suites Villas — (7 minutes from the airport) There is no transfer from the airport, the hotel offers to take one of the many buses that go to the airport for $ 3.00USD (note- not checked / bulky luggage is not allowed) or a taxi for approximately $ 15.00USD per one end.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels in the Bermuda airport area on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Trade shows — The Charles Lloyd Tucker Art Gallery is located in the departure area in the United States.
- ATMs — one ATM is located in the arrival hall, not far from the taxi rank. The second is located on the top floor in the departure lounge in the USA.
- Car rental — Yes.
- Currency Exchange — Location: access area, first floor.
- Facilities for the disabled — Any passengers with reduced mobility must warn for 48 hours.
- Duty free Shopping — Duty Free and other stores are located in the departure area, as well as in the arrival hall. Products that are sold include newspapers, jewelry, clothing, spa products, souvenirs and children’s toys / games.
- Food and Drinks — At the time of writing, there are no convenience stores. In the public area, guests can access the Boulevard cafe. In the departure area in the US, there are two restaurants (Island Coffee Bistro, La Trattoria Sports Bar). In the Canada / UK departure area, the only restaurant is located inside the BA Executive Club Lounge.
- For children — Children’s playground is located in the departure area in the United States. There are also changing tables.
- Information desk — Location: public access, arrival hall. Opening hours: 12:00 PM — 10:30 PM.
- Mobile Chargers — Nests are built directly into some of the seats.
- Smoking Area — Located in the departure area of the United States.
The airport remains open 24 hours, but travelers are not allowed to stay overnight.
Foreigners in Bermuda can not rent cars.
Bus: Public buses leave the airport directly every 15 minutes during peak hours.
All taxis are equipped with meters. In addition, you can order a taxi in advance, if necessary.
Last updated: June 8, 2016