In this section you will find reviews of travelers about Adelaide airport, as well as a guide with information about Wi-Fi, recreation areas, amenities and services, traveler reviews about the airport, and even the names of some hotels near the airport in case you do not want to spend the night in the airport.
To help you plan your time at the airport, we offer traveler reviews on how they spent time at Adelaide Airport.
- Friendly small airport with one terminal.
- Free Wi-Fi is available. You can view information about Wi-Fi in the Internet section.
- Since the airport is closed at night (from 23:00 to 04:00), it is impossible to spend the night here.
- During the day, you can sleep on long benches in the transit area, after inspection.
- For extended sleep, there are hotels near the airport. View information about hotels nearby can be in the section «Hotels».
- Economy class passengers can use the services of the business lounge. Information on this can be found in the “Recreation Zones” section.
Information about the services and features of the airport can be found below. Send us tips on visiting Adelaide Airport so that our information is always up to date.
In this guidebook we will refer to the terms of the location «outside» and «inside». «Outside» is a public, unguarded terminal area, located in front of the security check. “Inside” is a protected area of the terminal that you enter after passing through security control.
- QantasClub Hall — inside, level 2, opposite exit 21. There is a shower. Entry is possible for QantasClub members.
- Hall VirginAustraliaLounge — inside, level 2 Entrance is possible for members of the club VirginAustralia.
Free Wi-Fi is available, connect to the Internet Internode. There are also 10 internet kiosks for an extra charge. They are inside, next to the HungryJacks bar.
If you do not want to sleep inside the airport, here is a list of hotels nearby:
- AdelaideAirportMotel — (3 minutes from the airport) The cost of transfer is $ 3.50 one way.
- AviatorsLodge — (8 minutes from the airport) There is a transfer, opening hours 06:00 — 10:00 and 18:00 — 22:00, cost $ 5.50 per person one way. To order a transfer call phone number 8356 8388.
- AdelaideShoresResort — (10 minutes from the airport) The transfer must be ordered at the airport (surcharge).
- LockleysHotel — (10 minutes from the airport) Shuttle service must be booked at the airport (surcharge).
To find a cheap room — look at the list of hotels near Adelaide Airport on TripAdvisor, where you can also sort them by price. Or on the AdelaidaDeals website.
More information about the service, amenities and other features at the airport
- Traveler Support — if you need navigation assistance in the terminal or you have general questions, the support staff will be located in the baggage claim area and the main check-in area. They will be wearing bright burgundy jackets.
- ATMs / ATMs — ATMs and foreign exchange ATMs are located in terminal 1 at the lower level and level 2.
- Car rental — yes, see the Transport section.
- Children’s playground — Location: next to Hudson’s Coffee (inside).
- Currency exchange — there are 3 offices of the company travelex (inside and outside)
- Food and Drinks — There is no 24 hour sale of food or drinks at this airport.
- Information desk — there is an information stand, it is located on the first floor. The staff will help you with tourist information, transportation services, information about the flight and the airport and terminals. If there is no one at the front desk, contact the travel support staff (wearing claret jackets).
- Cameras and storage room — Storage cameras are located next to the car rental in Terminal 1 in the parking lot. Cost per 24 hours: $ 10.00 (small bag) • $ 12.00 (medium bag) • $ 14.00 (large suitcase: 24 hours).
- Mail — there is an airport mail (at the intersection of SirDonaldBradmanDrive and SirRichardWilliamsAvenue). You will find the mail box on the ground floor, near the terminal, next to the counter Qantas airline.
- Medical Services — First aid can be provided at the airport pharmacy. She is at level 2.
- Musical performances — choral and musical groups perform at the airport throughout the year.
- Pharmacy — there is level 2.
- Prayer Room — Location: Terminal 1, Zone 2, between RipCurl and NewsLinks. Opening hours: according to airport hours
- Shops –DutyFree, as well as many other stores.
- Showers — showers are available at the airline in the Qantas Club, detailed information in the Recreation Zones section.
- Smoking areas — there is a designated smoking area at level 2, next to the terminal. You will also find a smoking area in the ThomasCooperBar bar on the first floor.
Terminal 1 is open from 04:00 to 23:00. Information on the website of the airport states that the terminal is closed for visitors after hours.
Adelaide Airport is serviced by JetExpress (J1X), a double-decker bus runs between the airport and the city center, stopping at places of interest and about 20 hotels along the way. Jetbus (lines J1, J2, J7 and j8) runs between the airport and Glenelg, West Beach and the city center, with stops along the way. Both buses are part of the Adelaide metro network. A single trip and an all-day ride can be purchased from the bus driver or other metro services. Metrocard card can be purchased at vending machines at the airport, in the Adelaide metro information centers or from metro employees. For $ 25 you can buy an AdelaideMetroVisitorPass card, it includes an unlimited number of trips to the subway for 3 days, maps and guidebooks. For more information, visit the Adelaide metro site.
The airport has the following rental companies Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Redspot / Sixt and Thrifty, their offices are located on the ground floor in the baggage claim area.
The following hotels provide transfer services for their guests (part free of charge, part for extra charge): AviatorsLodge • AdelaideAirportMotel ($).
Taxis equipped with taximeters can be found at the exit of the terminal. The airport offers concierge services, which follow the procedure for boarding and disembarking, and also helps travelers (if you need a child seat, a wheelchair, a bigger vehicle, etc.). Mandatory surcharge for landing at the airport $ 2. The average cost of a trip to the city center is $ 20.