In this guidebook you will find tourist reviews about Abu Dhabi Airport in the United Arab Emirates, information on Wi-Fi, cafes, amenities and services …. and yes, even the name of transit hotels in case you decide that sleeping at the airport is not for you!
When I asked, the staff were very kind to let me into the terminal, despite the fact that they did not fly out from there in the morning — crossh89.
To help you plan your arrival or overnight, we have compiled a brief guide based on feedback from travelers who have visited Abu Dhabi Airport.
- Abu Dhabi Airport has three terminals. A free interterminal bus is available for carrying passengers between them.
- There are 24-hour food cords.
- Several tourists who left feedback warned about dirty bathrooms, so it’s best to take a hand sanitizer and paper napkins.
- They also warn about constant crowds, long queues during the security service, as well as rudeness, arrogance and uselessness of employees.
- From food to phone cards, everything at this airport is expensive!
- Very crowded airport with a perpetual shortage of places for recreation throughout the territory, especially near the exit to the departure.
- Strong air flow from the air conditioner, even in winter! Stock up a sweater and travel blanket to keep warm.
- Free wifi. See the information in the guide below.
- Some tourists in the reviews recommend the area at the exit in terminal 3 as a good place to sleep.
- Regardless of where you sleep, take earplugs, because here it can be quite noisy.
- In terminal 3, not far from the transit zone, you can find sleeping hammocks where you can sleep in relative comfort for a fee. See «Hotels near the airport.» Below.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel in the transit area, another hotel is connected to the parking lot. See “Airport Hotels” below.
- Economy class passengers can use one of the waiting rooms for the first class. See “Airport Lounges” below for location and pricing.
- Showers are available in the waiting rooms.
For more information about the services and facilities at Abu Dhabi Airport, scroll down. Send us your airport reviews to help keep this information up to date.
In the guidebook we will use the following terms: “common access zone” and “air zone”. The common access zone is a public area located in front of the pre-flight security control zone. Airside — the protected area of the terminal, where you get after passing pre-flight control.
If you are traveling in economy class, then you can use the specialized halls of Abu Dhabi airport for a comfortable wait either by paying one-time fee for this service or by using your membership in a particular program. For more information (such as cost, opening hours, and membership information), use the detailed hall descriptions below.
- Al Reem Lounge- Location: Terminal 1, Airside. There are showers. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: payment at the entrance (from AED 150 — 400) • order online (£ 26.00 — up to 3 hours or £ 40.00 — up to 6 hours — prepayment is not less than 24 hours)
- Al Dhabi Lounge — Location: Terminal 1, Airside. There are showers. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: payment at the entrance (from AED 180 — 520) • order online (£ 29.00 — up to 3 hours or £ 52.00 — up to 6 hours — prepayment is not less than 24 hours)
- Al Ghazal Lounge- location: terminal 1, airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (AED100).
- Al Dana Lounge — terminal 1, airside, accompanying area, near exit 14 and 15. Access to the lounge: pay at the door (AED100).
- Al Ghazal Lounge- location: terminal 2, airside. Opening hours: open 24 hours. Access to the waiting room: payment at the entrance (from AED 100 — 160) • order online (£ 22.00 — up to 3 hours or £ 30.00 — up to 6 hours — prepayment no less than 24 hours).
- Aerotel Abu Dhabi Airport Hotel — Airside, Terminal 1, Level 1 international departures, on the right after passport control / security service. Open to all transit passengers, it offers free Wi-Fi, luxury amenities, a power shower, wake-up service, 1 hour use of the Al Dhabi Lounge and much more. As of September 2016, room rates include 6-hour rest and all taxes and fees: XS Single (AED 290) • XS Twin (AED 464) • S (AED 348) • M (AED 580) • L ( AED 870). .
- GoSleep sleeping hammocks — location: (26 hammocks) Terminal 3, 2nd floor, in the transit zone, at the end of a long corridor approaching the arrival zone. Ideal for overnight stays and passengers arriving from Etihad at terminal 1 and departing from T3. • (11 hammocks) terminal 3, next to the duty free zone and opposite the Ethiad landing pads. Ideal for passengers arriving from Etihad to T1 and departing from T3. GoSleep hammocks in the business class lounge have a reclining position and a curtain that provides partial or full cover for privacy, rest, relaxation and sleep. Hammocks have an electrical connector, USB port, as well as some place to store personal belongings. Sign up and buy Snooze kit, pillow, blanket, etc., you can at the reception desk. You can rent a tablet for surfing the Internet during your vacation in a GoSleep hammock. Daily prices (10:00 am — 8:00 pm): AED 75 / US $ 22 (2 hours) • AED 125 / US $ 36 (4 hours) • AED 175 / US $ 50 (6 hours) • AED 225 / US $ 64 (8 hours — includes free rental of blankets and pillows) • AED 275 / US $ 78 (10 hours — includes free rental of blankets and pillows). At night, prices are 20% more + higher than during the day time and are valid from 8:00 pm to 10:00 am. The Snooze Kit includes a sleep mask, socks and earplugs for the price of AED 20 / US $ 6. The shower kit includes a disposable towel, shoes, soap, shower gel, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste — costs AED 45 / US $ 13.
- Premier Inn Abu Dhabi International Airport is located next to the Skypark — a multi-storey car park opposite terminals 1 and 3. Direct access from the airport terminal through a corridor inside the Skypark. Free shuttle service to Yas Island, Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and Corniche is provided.
- Al Raha Beach Hotel- (7 minutes from the airport) offers free delivery to nearby shopping centers.
- Park Inn by Radisson Abu Dhabi Yas Island — (7 minutes from the airport) Airport transfer is available on request ($).
- Yas Viceroy- (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfer available upon request ($).
To find more options, use the list of hotels on the Tripadvisor website by sorting them by price, distance, rating and popularity.
Free Wi-Fi is available at Abu Dhabi Airport by connecting to the ADAC Free Wireless network.
In addition, there are 50 free internet kiosks located in the waiting rooms of all three terminals.
- ATMs / terminals are available in the common access area and in the transit zone. Location: Terminal 1, Terminal 1A, Terminal 2.
- Baggage carts are provided free of charge. If you need a porter, a fixed rate as of April 2015 is AED 15 / US $ 4.
- Business center — offers telephone, fax and internet access. Location: Terminal 1 transit hall, at the airport hotel. Price: 15 AED for 30 minutes
- Rent a car, yes, see the section below.
- Children’s playground, yes. Location: Terminal 1, 2nd floor, airside.
- Currency exchange — there are 16 foreign exchange offices (Travelex). Location: terminal 1 of arrival hall, terminal 1 of departure hall (exit 1), terminal 1 of the transit zone (exits 5 and 6), terminal 2 of arrival hall, terminal 2 of the public access zone at National Bank of Abu Dhabi. Opening hours: open 24 hours.
- Services for family- free baby strollers available. In addition, there are children’s rooms located throughout the airport.
- Food and drinks — there are non-stop food points. Names and location unknown.
- Golf course — located a few minutes drive (7 minutes) from the airport. Al Ghazal Golf Course is considered one of the best sandy golf courses in the world. If you have a 3-5 hour transfer, you can play 9 or 18 holes.
- Information desk — yes, located in each terminal. Hours are unknown.
- Luggage storage and lockers — short / long shelf life and lockers. Location: Terminal 1, Arrivals Hall. Prices: AED 10 — 75 (3 hours) • AED 20 — 150 (24 hours) • AED 20 — 75 each additional 24-hour period.
- Baggage Packing — Protect the contents and appearance of your baggage! Location: terminals 1, 1A and 3.
- Medical services, yes, offered at the 24-hour medical clinic. Located in the transit area of terminal 1 near the arrival of immigration.
- Pharmacy — There are 3 pharmacies: Al Razi Pharmacy (terminal 3, 4th floor, public access zone) • Bin Sina Pharmacy (terminal 1, 1st floor, overhead zone) • Boots (terminal 3, 1st floor, overground) zone). Opening hours: open 24 hours.
- Prayer rooms are available in all terminals (in the common access and airside).
- Recreation areas — the airport offers seating areas to rest between flights, but they are usually located in open areas too noisy for deep sleep.
- Showers are available in the Al Reem and Al Dhabi halls. See “airport lounges”. Free public showers are located next to outlets 32 and 37. GoSleep sells shower sets that include disposable towels, shoes, soap, shower gel, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste at the cost of AED 45 / US $ 13. See “Airport Hotels” above.
- Smoking Areas — Specialized smoking areas are located in transit areas and areas for attendants in the Smoking Room, Piano Bar and individual cafe sections. Location: terminal 1, first floor, Al Dhabi Lounge terminal 2, first floor • terminal 3, second floor.
- Spa — Pamper yourself at TOSA Spa in one of two places: Terminal 1 offers express leg / back treatments and full body massages, while Skypark Plaza offers care and changing rooms separately for men and women, a relaxation room for women and a manicure / pedicure room with a TV and newspapers. A full range of luxurious spa treatments for participants and guests of the Etihad Diamond First and Pearl Business Class rooms at the Six Senses Spa, terminals 1 and 3.
Works 24 hours.
The airport is served by several Abu Dhabi public bus routes. Buses are air-conditioned, green and white. Bus stops are clearly marked with blue / white signs, located on the lower outer curb of terminals 1 and 3, as well as outside Terminal 2. Departures every 40 minutes, 24 hours a day, travel between the airport and the city, depending on traffic conditions, about 45 minutes. According to the latest one-way fare is AED 4.00. The airport is served by bus routes:
A1 — Terminals 1 and 2 to Abu Dhabi City Air Terminal
490 — Terminals 1 and 2 to Al Ain Bus Station
211 — Terminal 1 to Mussafah Dalma Mall and Al Rahba Hospital
240 — Terminal 1 to Al Wathba Worker City and Al Rahba Hospital
X81 — International Terminal to Ruwais ADNOC Bus Station
For more information on bus routes and timetables, go to the Abu Dhabi DoT website.
Car rental services are available 24 hours a day at Skypark Plaza, located opposite Terminal 3 and within walking distance of Terminals 1 and 3. Skypark Plaza is accessible from Terminal 2 by a free interterminal bus. The following rental agencies are located here: Budget, Dollar, Europcar, Hertz, Payless and Thrifty.
The airport offers a free shuttle bus that runs at 15-minute intervals between terminals 1 and 2. Bus stops are located outside of terminal 1 at entrance 5, terminal 2 in front of the departure hall.
Taxis are available 24 hours a day. Terminals 1 and 3 are serviced by the latest model Mercedes Vito six-seater vans. Taxi ranks are located downstairs outside the arrival hall. These luxury taxis are equipped with GPS, have extra baggage space and a multilingual male or female driver. Some currencies are accepted for payment. Terminal 2 is serviced by a Toyota Camry taxi, parking is located outside the arrival hall. According to the latest data, the fare fell from AED 25.00 to AED 1.60 per km to 50 km (9 AED per km above 50 km).