Insurance for pregnant women
Pregnancy is one of the most beautiful stages in a woman’s life, however, it is during this period that she should be very careful in all respects. It is because of this, insurance companies have created a special insurance package — insurance for pregnant women, thanks to which the expectant mother can feel safe even beyond the borders of the country.
It is important to know that in ordinary medical or travel insurance, pregnancy is not an insured event. So, if you start contractions, childbirth, or some unexpected situation associated with the pregnancy, the insurance company will not pay any material means, since the case is not insurance. If you want to insure your life and the life of a child, then you should look for a travel company that can take on such responsibility. Most insurance policies guarantee responsibility for the mother, but not for the child.
Insurance for pregnant women — is a separate type of insurance, which has a number of its subtleties. In order not to make mistakes, we suggest you carefully study the information below.
The main features of insurance for pregnant women:
- All costs associated with childbirth (even premature), postpartum maintenance and care for the baby, abortion are not insured events in any insurance company. The only exception may be the termination of pregnancy due to the threat to the life and activity of the mother.
- The maximum number of days for which you can get insurance for pregnant women is 10, in rare cases it is 14. However, if your trip lasts a month, be prepared for the rest of the rest to hope for the usual medical insurance.
- Any insurance company focuses on the duration of pregnancy. If you are only on the initial dates — it will be easier to get a policy, but the closer to the 9-month period, the more difficult it is. For example, if your term has not reached 8 weeks — you will be insured in any company without special conditions, if more than 24 weeks, then such a company will have to be searched very much, but from 31 weeks no company will undertake to insure you. Do not forget that along with the duration of pregnancy, the price of insurance is also increasing. An interesting note is that all insurance companies register and calculate the duration of pregnancy not at the time of paperwork, but at the time of returning from vacation.
- Despite any total amount of insurance, the full insurance amount that will cover your risks is no more than 5,000 euros. Most often, this price risk is fixed, but the rest of the costs, if any, will fall on your personal savings.
- Most often, transportation of pregnant women to their home territory is not included in this type of insurance, however, some insurance companies offer to purchase this service separately.
In any case, the most important thing to know is that insurance companies are ready to pay for the cost of treating the mother, but none of them takes responsibility for the health of the baby.
Where can I get insurance for pregnant women?
With the registration of insurance for pregnant women should not have any difficulties, since its registration is carried out as any other. Most often, tourists make such a policy in travel agencies and agencies. However, if there is no desire to go somewhere or trust travel agencies, there is always the option of online application.
Seven days of insurance for pregnant women on the territory of the Schengen countries will be from 400 to 450 rubles. This price implies the term of the woman no more than 12 weeks. From 1000 and up to 3500 rubles insurance will cost a woman for 24 weeks. For periods of up to 31 weeks, prices will start from 3,500, and then completely depend on additional conditions of the company. It is important to note that only Rosgosstrakh can offer this type of insurance on the territory of the Russian Federation.