Summer Kuzminki July 14: traditions and omens of the national holiday
The Day of Remembrance of the Holy Great Martyrs Cosmas and Damian was popularly called Summer Kuzminki. On this holiday, not only church covenants are observed, but also folk traditions.
On the day of the holiday, Orthodox believers go to the morning service to pray to the unmercenary Cosme and Damian, to ask them for healing from ailments and protection from evil and enemies. In folk tradition, Kuzminki is considered a feminine day, when girls and women after home chores gather at gatherings. On this day, it is customary to sincerely ask each other for forgiveness and put up after quarrels, forgetting offenses.
The experts at the site dailyhoro.ru advise to spend the holiday with the family and pray to the patron saints for protection.
Signs on Kuzminki
Many will, preserved in oral folk art, have survived to our times. Ancestors observed not only the weather, but also the events of this day, to predict what awaits them in the near future.
- Red month promises windy weather and bad weather. Not sharp, as if blurred, the ends of the month speak of the approaching prolonged rains.
- Do not forget to mow Demyan, otherwise in the winter the cattle will remain hungry.
- No matter how you keep secrets, everything will open on Kuzminki. This omen promises bad rumors to those who do not know how to keep other people’s secrets and gossip.
- On holiday, you can see the prophetic dream.
- Changes in life are prompted by a big key dreamed up or an old book with frayed pages.
- In Kuzminki, the new does not start until they make the old, otherwise new affairs will be unprofitable.
- On holiday it is impossible to scold, otherwise you will bring trouble.
- On this day it is worth weeding the beds and beds, so that they no longer annoy your plantings.
- The arrival of early winter was determined by the large number of yellow leaves on the trees.
There was a belief among the people that on Kuzminok day you can speak and heal any ailment. To do this, you can use proven rituals, herbs or prayers.
Women gather for gatherings and prepare the traditional team porridge. Products for her are collected throughout the village. Treat is distributed to the poor and wandering.
On Kuzminki apologize for rash acts and reconcile after quarrels. The priests remind that forgiveness must be sincere, therefore all evil that has accumulated in the soul must be released.
On this day, it is customary to harvest the first raspberry jam, which, according to legend, can help cope with illnesses.
It used to be that on this day men need to take a break from work. For those who neglect this tradition, fate will present an unpleasant surprise.
On a holiday, you can get rid of evil and negativity, if you fumigate your home with a wormwood. Believers can sprinkle the house with holy water and walk with a candle, reading prayers from evil. We wish you good luck and health, and do not forget to press the buttons and