Church calendar of weddings for the year
Wedding — one of the main events in life. The church calendar will help you find out which days are suitable for the marriage ceremony.
According to church canons, it is forbidden to marry posts and church holidays. There will be about 100 days suitable for a wedding ceremony according to Orthodox canons, but they do not always coincide with the lunar wedding calendar.
The calendar does not describe the holidays of each individual parish, so the date of marriage in any case will need to be clarified in the church.
The Twelve Great Feasts
On the Twelve Great Feasts you cannot marry according to church rules. The list of holidays will help you not to be mistaken with the date of marriage.
- Nativity. Celebrated on January 7th.
- Epiphany. This holiday is celebrated by the Orthodox on January 19.
- Candlemas. The date of this holiday is February 15th.
- Annunciation. Orthodox celebrate this holiday on April 7.
- Transfiguration. This twelve feast day is celebrated on August 19th.
- The Assumption The holiday is dedicated to the Virgin Mary and is celebrated on August 28.
- Nativity of the Virgin Mary. This holiday is considered one of the Great Apostles. Married Christmas of the Virgin on September 21.
- The Cross. This holiday is celebrated on September 27th.
- Introduction to the temple of the Virgin Mary. This holiday is also dedicated to the childhood of the Virgin. Celebrate it on December 4th.
First of all, of course, it should be noted Easter This holiday is celebrated on April 16th. It is preceded by Palm Sunday, celebrated on April 9th.
Ascension will be celebrated on May 25th. Trinity. This holiday is celebrated on June 4th.
Great Patronal Feasts
- Circumcision of the Lord. This holiday is celebrated by the Orthodox on January 14th.
- Christmas of John the Baptist. This day is celebrated on July 7th.
- Beheading of the head. In the people, the day of the death of John the Baptist is called Golovosek. On this day, you can not play a wedding, and under the strictest ban are some daily affairs. This day is celebrated on September 11th.
- Cover of the Holy Mother. This day is dedicated to the Virgin Mary and is celebrated on October 14.
As well as on holidays, in a post on weddings according to church canons the taboo is imposed. Dates of the beginning and end of posts will help you choose the best day for marriage, which does not affect any of the forbidden days.
- Christmas post. This period covers the dates from November 28 to January 6.
- Great post. Preceding Easter. It starts from February 27 and ends on April 15.
- Apostolic post. Lasts from June 12 to July 11.
- Assumption post. The dates of this post are from August 14 to 27.
- Christmas post. The second post, observed by the Orthodox before Christmas. It begins on November 28 and ends already on January 6.
Dates that allow weddings according to the church calendar
In accordance with the church regulations, holidays and fasting, some months will be completely unavailable for weddings on the church calendar. But despite this, there are many days left for church-approved ceremonies.
According to the church charter, dates for January are suitable: January 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 30.
The registry offices mainly work on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, so from the dates approved by the church for the wedding, 20, 22, 27 and 29 numbers will do.
Weddings in February of the year
In February, weddings are allowed by the church from 1 to 3, as well as the 13th and 17th.
Of these numbers, the Wedding Palaces will operate on the 3rd and 17th.
Marriage in March
March is completely banned by the church for wedding ceremonies.
Marriage in April
This month, the church allowed marriage ceremonies on the 23rd, 24th, 26th, 28th and 30th.
To register relations from these days will fit on April 23, 28 and 30.
The people there are many will take to marry in the month of May. Most of them are negative, but a huge number of people still play the wedding in May, and many of them live happily. If you are not superstitious, then this month is quite suitable for marriage.
The church allowed periods of 1-3 numbers, May 5.7 and 8, a three-day period from 10 to 12, 14 and 15 numbers, 17, 19, 21, 22, 26, 28, 29 and 30 numbers.
Wedding palaces will operate on May 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 19, 21, 26 and 28.
Marriage ceremony in June of the year
In June, the church charter wedding allowed only 2 numbers.
By a happy coincidence, the Wedding Palaces will operate on this day.
In July, according to the church calendar, you can marry numbers 14, 16, 17, from 19 to 24, as well as 26, 28, 30 and 31 numbers.
The registry offices will operate on July 14, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28 and 30.
Weddings in the church calendar in August
Between 2 and 11, as well as at the very end of the month — the 30th day — weddings are allowed by the church.
The official registration of relations is possible on 3, 4, 5, 6 and 11 August.
Marriage in September
September is considered one of the best months for a wedding ceremony. The autumn month in the northern tradition of the Wheel of the Year symbolizes wealth, a full and comfortable life. September 22 is considered to be a particularly successful date — the holiday of welfare Mabon.
This day is allowed for the wedding and the church, and also 22 is officially registered, as this number falls on Friday.
Also in September weddings of the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th are allowed, from the 8th to the 15th, the 18th, the 24th and the 25th.
The registry offices will work 1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 15, 22 and 24 numbers.
This month, you can marry from 1 to 6 number, 8, 9, and 11, from 15 to 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29 and 30 numbers.
Numbers that coincide with the work of the Wedding Palaces: 1, 6, 8, 15, 20, 22, 27 and 29 October.
November weddings are allowed by the church from 1 to 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, from 19 to 22, 24 and 26 numbers.
The registrars will operate 3, 4, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24 and 26 numbers.
December of the year
Marriages are banned by the church this month. Exceptions to the rules can only be made by the bishop and must be accompanied by a blessing and a valid reason for allowing the wedding ceremony on any given day.
To make your wedding day the happiest day of your life, you need not only to choose the right date, but also to familiarize yourself with wedding traditions, signs and superstitions. We wish you family happiness, good luck in everything, and do not forget to press buttons and