Autumnal Equinox Day
Autumnal Equinox Day will come on September 23 at 23:22 Moscow time. This day is unique in that the duration of the night and day throughout the planet is the same and is equal to 12 hours. From this day comes astronomical autumn in the north, and astronomical spring in the south.
Autumnal Equinox Day — This is the official arrival of autumn. The day is much shorter, and the night is longer.
According to the national calendar, this day was considered a harvest festival. With the autumn equinox associated with many traditions and will.
- On this day, be sure to set the table and cook the most delicious dishes, preferably from what nature gave. Be sure to stand on the table berries or mushrooms, pies, meat, apples.
- On the day of the autumnal equinox, it was customary to decorate the windows and doors of his house with rowan branches. Since from that day the Sun was beginning to shine less, the mountain ash was torn down to protect against dark forces. It is believed that rowan twig, torn in this holiday, is able to protect from damage, the evil eye, expel evil spirits from home and save from insomnia.
- The weather that day was judged on what will be the whole autumn. If it is warm on the day of the autumnal equinox, it means that such weather will stay until the winter itself.
- From this day begins, perhaps, the most beautiful time, which our classics sang — the golden autumn. This is the period of leaf fall and the last sunny days, also called Indian summer.
- On this day, people said goodbye to the summer and met the autumn. There were special rituals and rituals for the wires of the Sun, since it was this that was the main figure on this holiday. People burned fires, thereby creating the symbolism of the Sun and its heat, collected red and yellow leaves and woven wreaths.
Despite the fact that with the autumn equinox the first colds come, this time is truly unusual and symbolic. On this day, according to astrologers, you can safely begin new affairs and finish something, since this is the time of transition to a new stage of life. Good luck and don’t forget to press the buttons and