Houseplant Syngonium — Signs and Superstitions
The syngonium is an attractive plant of the Aroid family, which can often be found in apartments and houses of modern gardeners. But it so happened that people are used to hanging labels on indoor flowers in the form of certain superstitions.
The same fate has not bypassed the syngonium — signs and superstitions associated with this charming and unpretentious liana, unfortunately, do not always carry a positive meaning.
Amazing and mysterious syngonium
Syngonium, a native of tropical rain forests, is a rather unpredictable plant, prone to change its appearance with time.
Depending on the conditions of detention and his age, this green pet can grow as a liana, and produce a lot of aerial roots, or manifest itself as a upright plant.
Surprises singonium and its leaves. Not only that their color and color saturation change depending on the lighting, as well as the shape of the leaves undergoes a lot of changes as they grow and grow.
But more often, the syngonium of the future owners bribes it with beautiful arrow-shaped sheet plates that resemble hearts.
As for flowering, the syngonium is quite greedy for flowers when growing outside the wild. It blooms in the home environment very rarely.
And if he suddenly deigns to please his host with flowering, he will release a rather nondescript-looking, typical for all the Aroids, a flower having the shape of an ear covered with a folded green (most often) veil.
In short, the syngonium is a spectacular and at the same time absolutely not demanding green friend who will decorate the interior of any room, dilute the stuffy atmosphere of a city apartment with a piece of nature and certainly will not let its owner get bored.
Syngonium — signs and superstitions
Like most indoor plants, syngonium has acquired a considerable amount of signs and superstitions, considering the flower from both the positive and negative sides.
Signs about singonium
If indoor plants could choose their profession, the syngonium would certainly become a weather forecaster. The fact is that this green pet is able to predict the approaching rain.
Before the precipitation, the syngonium begins to «cry»: droplets of water form on the pointed tips of its leaves.
A similar phenomenon characteristic of this vine can be quite logically explained from the point of view of science. Being a native of the thickets of tropical forests, the syngonium has a special love for moisture, and the water droplets on the tips of the leaves are a natural reaction to the increased humidity of the air, which often precedes rain.
Positive Superstitions about Syngonium
The popular superstitions did not bypass the syngonium — they are connected with the energy of this houseplant.
Superstitions, attributing to a syngonium a favorable influence on a person and the atmosphere of his home:
- The syngonium is a flower that guards family happiness.
- Just as the plant itself changes and transforms over time, so too it changes the people around him: gives birth in their minds craving for change in life. For this reason, the syngonium is recommended to grow in its inveterate conservatives, suspicious of everything new, not satisfied with the modern world. Liana smooth out their uneasy disposition, instill loyalty and tolerance.
- If a person is not conservative to the bone marrow, but dreams say goodbye to the past , which pulls him back and does not let him breathe deeply, he is simply obliged to start a syngonium. Indoor flower will accelerate this separation, make it more painless.
- Syngonium consider a symbol of positive change, so there is an opinion that liana accelerates the recovery of the patient. If various diseases are frequent guests in the family, be sure to select a place in the house for this plant.
- According to another belief, syngonium has the ability to eliminate bad dreams and nightmares . Therefore, people suffering from these night phenomena should be lodged in their bedroom of this green comrade.
- Another belief says that the syngonium is successful fights with any complexes and helps to establish contacts with others. In this regard, the vine is recommended at home to keep people suffering from self-doubt and those who find it difficult to communicate with other members of society.
- Syngonium also will help to quickly learn new knowledge and adapt to the new environment. To this end, it may begin to grow in his newly minted students, and the more and care for this indoor flower will require a minimum of effort from the owners.
Negative Superstitions about Syngonium
Many amateur flower growers would be happy to replenish their home flower collection with the syngonium, but they are stopped by the negative superstitions associated with this liana. Consider the most common of them.
Syngonium is a muzhi — a flower that expels from the family and from the house of men. However, almost all houseplants growing in the form of lianas (ivy, hoya, sincapsus and others) have received the same fame.
However, the analysis of various flower forums refutes this superstition: the ladies and ladies write that the representatives of the strong half of humanity get along well with the syngonium and are in no hurry to leave the house anywhere. Therefore, it can be said that this belief is not at all true, but an ordinary prejudice, which has no basis.
Another superstition invented by the adherents of the Chinese Feng Shui doctrine, says that syngonium is “poisonous breath” .
According to feng shui, “poisonous breathing”, which poison people and adversely affect their lives, emit all the sharp corners that are in the dwelling. Houseplants with arrow-shaped leaves have the same property.
It is logical to assume that the glory of “poisonous breathing” was received by the syngonium precisely because of its leaves, which look like an arrow. If this fact frightens you, do not rush to get rid of the plant, but follow the advice of the Feng Shui masters: place protective amulets near the syngonium that can neutralize negative energy.
If you look at the second superstition from a scientific point of view, it can be explained by the presence of poisonous milky juice in the syngonium (a characteristic feature of all Aroids), which can cause irritation to the skin or lead to poisoning if ingested. Therefore, for security reasons, it is best to carry out any manipulations with this liana with gloves and keep it away from children and pets.
To start a syngonium at home or not?
The syngonium is a beautiful indoor flower, captivating with its unusual appearance and unpretentious care. He received negative rumors about himself completely unfairly. If you want to have this flower in your home, but signs and superstitions associated with singonium cause concern, we recommend to listen to your inner feelings:
- the plant is pleasant and pleasing to the eye — feel free to take it to your collection. He will definitely not bring you misfortune;
- if at the sight of syngonium no feelings arise except anxiety, it is better not to risk it. Not the fact that you succeed in making friends with him.
If there is a syngonium in your house, congratulations: you have found a wonderful phytopitom, who will respond perfectly to good care and attract happiness to your life. The syngonium will fill the house with the energy of action, allow you to gain self-confidence and overcome your fears and doubts.
This indoor plant absorbs all the negative, set up your family members in a positive way.
Guess today with the help of the tarot spread "Day map"!
For proper divination: focus on the subconscious and do not think about anything at least 1-2 minutes.