Gua number in feng shui — what it is and why it is needed
Gua’s number in the feng shui tradition is an indication of a person’s personal energy potential. It is also believed that the number of Gua is a personal feng shui of each person, allowing to identify positive and negative kinds of trends. What does all this mean?
Let’s try to find out further.
Different directions, based on their conversion, have different energy characteristics. Therefore, it turns out that for some people a specific direction will be positive, it will provoke luck and luck, plus will ensure health and success.
And for others — absolutely not suitable. And to clarify this nuance you need to make a calculation of the number of Gua.
Gua number calculation method
The method of calculation is very simple and logical, but it will require from you a certain care and accuracy. The calculation itself is based on the following formulas:
- Representatives of the stronger sex, who were born before the year 2000, will be counted as follows: first, you add the last two digits of his year of birth. When you receive a two-digit number, they should be added again to convert to a single-digit number. And after that, the resulting result is subtracted from the ten.
- Representatives of the weaker sex should add the last two digits of the year of their birth, convert the result to a one-digit number and add here the number five.
- As for the people who were born in the year 2000 and later, then they need to use a slightly modified formula. For girls in this situation, the result is added to the number six, not five. And for boys — the total is deducted from the nine.
- In a situation when the year of birth of 2009 is something logical that the number of Gua can not be zero. In this situation, it will correspond to the nine.
- Gua number five is missing! And when the final result is five — for the weaker half of humanity, the number of Gua transforms into the number eight, and for the representatives of the stronger sex — into a two.
- It is also necessary to take into account that the beginning of the year, according to the solar Chinese calendar, does not fall on the traditional first of January, but at the beginning of February. Therefore, if you were born in the time interval from the first of January to the fourth or fifth of February — make the calculations as if you were born last year.
Samples counting the number of gua
To make it all more clear, we offer you specific examples of calculations.
Sample 1. Date of birth: May 25, 1994 (for a girl).
We add the last two digits of the year: 9 + 4 = 13
We reduce to a single number: 1 + 3 = 4
We add 4 + 5 = 9.
It turns out that in this situation we have Gua number nine.
Sample 2. The boy was born on January 15, 2010.
If you look at the Chinese calendar for 2010, we will see that the New Year fell on the fourth of February, so during the calculation process we will assume that the boy was born in 2009. So, his number Gua will also be nine (note the exception to the rules, which we described a little higher).
According to the Gua number, all people can be divided into eastern and western categories. At the same time, positive directions (in eight directions of the world) will differ considerably for representatives of these groups.
Four of them will have a positive effect on a person, and four others will have a negative effect.
The eastern group includes those people whose number of guas corresponds to one, three, four and nine. Their favorable light directions will be the eastern, southeastern, northern and southern sides.
And in the western group includes those whose numerical value corresponds to two, six, seven or eight. Then from the positive directions it will be possible to name the western side of the world, the north-west, south-west and north-east.
Features of eastern and western groups
The eastern and western groups are opposite. The opposite is that the same directions at home (or, for example, the desktop) will have a positive effect on the representatives of the Eastern group, but negatively — on the people of the West.
Similarly, the situation will change and vice versa. A calculation of the number of Gua will help to clearly distinguish between the two groups.
Next, we consider all the directions of feng shui in more detail.
Positive directions for the Gua number
Each of them has its own specific type of energy.
- Orientation Success ++++ (otherwise called Sheng-Qi) is one of the most positive trends in feng shui, which has extraordinarily powerful positive energy. The direction is intended to ensure success in various types of undertakings, to make a person famous, successful, to help achieve a high social level. The ideal option is when the desktop of the person is located in this direction. If the entrance door to the dwelling will also be sent here, then you will be able to make the most of the full potential of positive Qi energy.
- Orientation Health +++ (also known as Tien-I) — put your bed in such a way that its headboard is directed in this direction or if you eat in this direction in the kitchen, this will have a very positive effect on your health and several times increase your natural energy potential.
- Orientation Relationships ++ (differently called Yan-Nyan) — with this direction, harmony in family relationships is attracted to life, and a long and happy life is ensured. Therefore, if you suffer from loneliness and want to finally meet your soul mate, you need to place your bed with a headboard in this direction and then romantic luck will be provided to you.
- Orientation Personal development + (Fu-Wei) — ideal for internal development of the personality, provides clear and clear thinking. The person begins to understand that for him in life is most significant, he ceases to suffer from vagueness and uncertainty. This is a very positive direction to put in your desktop.
Negative directions for the Gua number
If you use them — you run the risk of facing various problems in life.
- The focus of Failure (Ho-Hai is also called differently) — has the least power of all negative trends. It heralds the emergence of small problems and small life troubles. Of course, it is far from deadly, but it would be more correct to avoid it.
- The focus of the Six Assassins (also known as Liu-Sha). If you put your desktop or place to sleep in this direction, then you will encounter serious conflict situations in family life or at work. Plus you risk to suffer from unexpected legal or financial difficulties.
- The orientation of the Five Spirits (also called U-Gui) — is very unfavorable, it is fraught with large monetary losses and accidents. Theft and even fires are also not excluded. You can not put your bed headboard in this direction, otherwise you risk to suffer from serious pathologies.
- Orientation A complete collapse (otherwise called Jue-Ming) — by its name, everything becomes immediately clear with the power of direction. It is very dysfunctional and unfortunate. It is impossible under any circumstances to put your bed or desktop in this direction, so as not to suffer from the action of such a strong negative energy.
Now you have become more or less clear with the number of guas and the favorable and unfavorable directions of space. Finally, we advise you to also view an interesting thematic video material:
Guess today with the help of the tarot spread "Day map"!
For proper divination: focus on the subconscious and do not think about anything at least 1-2 minutes.