Learn how to meditate correctly: what should be the pose
How to learn to meditate correctly? Mastering the meditation technique for beginners is not at all difficult.
This requires a little patience and desire, and the reward for this will be good health, good mood and mental balance, the ability to deal with stress and overcome difficulties.
What is meditation for?
Meditation is one of the ways to improve your life, make it more harmonious and happy, develop new abilities and talents, increase the level of energy and heal from diseases. The goal of meditation is to reach a mental state where the flow of thoughts stops and the higher consciousness comes to the fore.
Recently, with increased stress load on a person, meditations for beginners are becoming increasingly popular. After all, they contribute to relaxation and stress relief, relieve depression, soothe and clean up thoughts.
The main objectives of meditation are to harmonize one’s inner world, to awaken the brightest and highest feelings in a tired and embittered man from constant stress: love, kindness, compassion. With the help of meditative practices, a person is healed physically and spiritually, gets a powerful boost of energy for a full life.
During meditation, the following changes occur in the human body:
- normal functioning of the nervous system;
- release of cortisol, the main hormone in the human body that causes stress, is slowed down.
- muscle tension decreases;
- pressure returns to normal;
- increased release of the hormone of happiness — serotonin;
Meditation for beginners is not a mystical doctrine, the purpose of which is to discover your superpowers or to penetrate the secrets of the universe. This is quite an earthly practice that will help you overcome your shortcomings and weaknesses, improve concentration and mental abilities, teach you to see the world around you and yourself really and objectively.
How much time should be given meditation?
Try to keep your meditation sessions regular. It is best to do the practice twice a day: in the morning and before bedtime.
So you can recharge your life energy before the start of the day, and in the evening — relax and get rid of the stresses of the day.
Meditative practices should be your daily lesson. It is not at all difficult to find half an hour a day to meditate.
But if you are very busy or cannot sit for 30 minutes in one place, there is a special practice of five minute meditations for you.
It is believed that it is best to meditate with eyes closed. With this kind of meditation, there is a deep penetration into your inner being.
But if you are not comfortable — open your eyes.
Where is the best to meditate?
For meditation, you must choose a place where no one and nothing will distract you. It is best to meditate in the same place — so you will easily and quickly enter a meditative state.
It is usually not recommended to meditate in the room where you sleep, because of habit you can fall asleep quickly. But if this is the only possible option for solitude, then do not worry.
It is also very good to meditate on nature — in the forest or in the park, on the beach or in the country. But, of course, it is desirable that this place was not too noisy and crowded.
What should be the posture during meditation?
The ideal pose for meditation is the lotus posture, but it requires a high degree of flexibility. Not everyone will be comfortable sitting with legs crossed and straight back. Usually, beginners are recommended to use simpler poses for meditation:
- Lying on your back. This posture is more suitable for relaxation and for the treatment of insomnia, because it is very easy to fall asleep in it.
- Standing on the floor. With this position, a person has a strong connection with the earth. You must stand up straight, put your feet in parallel, draw your belly in and pull your shoulders back.
- Sitting on a chair. This is the easiest pose for newbies. Sit up straight, your back should create a right angle with the chair. Do not lean on the back of a chair and do not sit on the edge. Put your hands on your knees and relax your whole body. It is usually difficult for beginners to sit on a chair for a long time, keeping their backs straight, because the muscles are tense and quickly tired. But with regular workouts, it becomes easier and easier to sit up straight every time.
How to learn to concentrate while meditating?
To concentrate and clear your mind of running thoughts is the main difficulty for beginners. The following techniques will help you to enter the meditative state:
- Concentration on breathing. Focus your mind on inhaling and exhaling: as the air enters through the nostrils, enters the lungs, comes back. Just watch your feelings, you do not need to visualize it. Do not be alarmed if breathing slows down during meditation. This is normal.
- Reading mantras. To concentrate attention and relax, you can repeatedly pronounce special phrases — mantras. Mantras have special vibrations that direct energy to a particular task and bring you into an altered state of consciousness.
- Visualization. Often, in order to enter a meditative state, they use visualization of various images, for example, multi-colored fire.
What feelings can arise during meditation?
While meditating, you can feel the cool breath of wind at the crown of the head — the location of the Sahasrara chakra. Some people feel warmth or coolness in the center of the palms, shivering or vibration in the lower abdomen, various movements inside.
These sensations are caused by the circulation of qi energy in the body.
You can feel airy and completely weightless soaring above the ground. There may be a feeling of complete disappearance of the physical body, its dissolution in the surrounding space.
At the highest levels of meditation, a person can feel himself as one with the Universe.
Useful recommendations for meditators
Learning to meditate will help you such recommendations:
- Do not count on quick results, because meditative practices require a lot of patience and time. Do not forget to persevere.
- Beginners are usually hard to stop the flow of thoughts that interfere with concentration. Do not worry about this, because over time you will learn everything.
- You should not take abundant food before meditation, because its digestion slows down the metabolism and interferes with concentration. But if you are experiencing severe hunger — eat light food, so as not to think only about food.
- Sometimes at the initial stage of meditation, depression and other mental disorders can be exacerbated. This is because the negative energy gradually begins to come out of your body. Soon everything will be normal.
At the end of the topic we recommend to watch a useful video:
Guess today with the help of the tarot spread "Day map"!
For proper divination: focus on the subconscious and do not think about anything at least 1-2 minutes.