Meditation for beginners: where to start and what technique to choose
Meditation for beginners is the first way of spiritual self-development. It is worth starting it with meditative practices, because they teach you to concentrate on the right thoughts, to get rid of the negative and work with thinking.
Where to begin?
If you have never tried to meditate, it may seem like a rather hard task. In fact, it all depends on technology.
Choose to start simple techniques, and mastering them, you can move on to more complex ones.
Another myth is that it is impossible to learn how to meditate without the help of a competent spiritual guide. Far from it.
Technique, which we describe, is accessible to everyone and allows you to meditate at home.
There are seven stages from which to begin immersion in the world of meditation and spiritual development:
- Make your decision. You must be clear about what you want. Therefore, be sure to set goals. What do you need meditation for? What do you want to achieve? Meditate. For example, you want to learn to think positively, to forgive, to get rid of negative emotions. Or give way to stress, get rid of depression. Decide what is important to you.
- The timing and location. Meditation lessons should begin in a suitable space. The best choice is a room with a calm atmosphere in which you can relax and concentrate as much as possible. Time is also convenient to choose when no one can interfere
- The choice of frequency of employment. How often should you meditate and what is the duration of the lesson? We recommend starting with small daily five minutes. Gradually, you can increase either the duration or the frequency of the meditations. It is advisable to meditate at the same time to consolidate the habit
- Training. At the beginning of the practice, use a timer or an alarm clock to track the time allotted for meditation. Prepare it in advance. Also try to limit all incoming noises before practice: close windows and doors. The background can include calm music. The best choice is traditional Asian motifs.
- Pose selection. Yoga offers many asanas that you can use for meditation. But if you have no idea about them, just try to take the most comfortable body position
- The choice of technology. Stop picking on simple techniques for beginners. Choose the methods of meditation that you like. You should feel comfortable and hear the response of your own soul.
- Progress. Do not stop on one technique, constantly improve. Try more complex meditations, increase the duration of classes, learn new poses
Remember that only regular practice will help you understand how to meditate correctly and achieve the desired result. You must achieve the goal you set in the first stage.
If it does not work, you need to try other ways.
Classic Meditation Technique for Beginners
So, now it’s time to talk about what you have to do in order to enter the meditative state. Try to memorize all the stages so that you can reproduce them with precision.
What do we have to do:
- Take a comfortable posture and close your eyes. Relax, make sure you feel comfortable and nothing bothers you
- Take a deep breath. Feel the air filling your lungs, oxygen is distributed throughout the body, filling every cell
- Exhale slowly. As you exhale, try to concentrate and clear your mind of extraneous thoughts. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until your thoughts completely leave your mind. You should feel the mind become crystal clear.
- Getting rid of thoughts is not so easy. To make it easier to do, concentrate on breathing. Watch carefully for sensations that arise in your body.
- Watch how the abdomen rises as you inhale, how the ribs descend as you exhale, how your mind clears and your body fills with energy.
- Continue the process of meditation until the timer signal. Then slowly open your eyes, sit in silence for a few more minutes and return to reality.
This is a very simple relaxation technique. However, it is not easy for everyone.
When you can completely disengage from thoughts, you will feel it. Then you can begin to develop more complex techniques.
Watch the beginner’s instructional meditation video:
What is useful meditation?
Before you begin to practice, you need to understand why you need it at all. Understanding the benefits of meditation will help you set the right goals and achieve them more quickly.
The benefits of meditative techniques are as follows:
- You learn to relax one hundred percent. Thanks to this, you are able to get rid of the negative information background both inside yourself and in the surrounding space.
- Learn to focus on positive feelings and fix them. It opens your inner world, helps to get rid of all unnecessary, negative, unnecessary. You create around you a powerful energy field that attracts the very best to life
- You gain the ability to hear your inner voice, develop intuition and learn to trust forebodings, and they, in turn, stop deceiving you. Drowning out the voice of mind and body, you gain the ability to hear the soul
- You get rid of the burden of problems, negative emotions, restore moral strength and are filled with positive energy. You gain strength that is enough to achieve almost any goal.
- You will find harmony and happiness that will never again depend on external circumstances. Take small steps towards enlightenment, find yourself
And if you remember that all diseases are psychosomatic in nature (depending on the psycho-emotional state), meditation has a positive effect on your health, which is also important.
Guess today with the help of the tarot spread "Day map"!
For proper divination: focus on the subconscious and do not think about anything at least 1-2 minutes.