Mantras for meditation
Meditation is a special state of altered consciousness in which a person plunges deep into himself and can receive answers to many questions from his Higher Self. But to achieve a meditative state is not easy, it will require regular practice, as well as the implementation of various exercises.
One of the most effective ways to perform mantras for meditation, which we will tell you in detail in this material.
What is a mantra
The mantra is a prayer written by Sanskrit (the ancient language of the Hindus). In each mantra there is an appeal to a certain divine essence, which will help you to fulfill your request on a particular issue.
Applying mantras to meditative practices will help you to go deep inside yourself and improve your ability to concentrate. A mantra is usually a single phrase, the recurring repetition of which helps to concentrate and to calm the mind and the necessary relaxation.
The word «mantra» itself is formed in two parts: the word «manas» — translated as «mind» and «traya» — means liberation. That is, the mantra helps to free the mind from all the superfluous, unnecessary information and images that usually fill our heads.
In addition, the mantra is a sound vibration and when we read mantras, we concentrate on their sound, which also contributes to freeing the mind from thoughts, as well as various negatives. Mantra is not just a combination of some sounds.
It has tremendous power that can be equated to thunder during a thunderstorm.
Mandatory point in the process of reading mantras — you should be aware of its sacred meaning. Otherwise, we will not be able to fully use the power of the mantra, only when our consciousness is involved, and we consider the meaning of the divine song, then we can finally achieve a positive result.
Varieties of Mantras
The sacred Vedic manuscript entitled “Nrsimha Purana” identifies three types of mantras intended for immersion in a meditative (trance) state:
- Vachika mantra — the words of the text are pronounced aloud;
- Upamsu mantra — the sacred song is pronounced in a whisper;
- Manasika — mantra uttered to himself, mentally.
It should be noted that each new technique is considered more effective than the previous one. The distinct and clear pronunciation of the mantra is called Vachika meditation.
The mental utterance of the words of the divine text, when you only move your lips a little, and only you yourself hear what is being said, is called Upamsu by meditation.
And if a person concentrates on the sacral meaning of the divine text, turns on his mind and gradually moves from one letter to another, this reading is called Manasika meditation.
In the next video, you are offered a very powerful mantra for meditation, which helps to reveal all the energy centers of the human body.
How should the correct mantra reading be performed
- The most important point to adhere to in the process of reading mantras is to give up all haste. It is necessary to pronounce the mantra slowly, rhythmically (it is important that you pronounce different areas of the text of the mantra with the same speed, this will contribute to a better immersion in yourself).
- When you already know the words of the text by heart, you may notice that it has become difficult for you to keep your attention on it. It is easy to explain this phenomenon — when you have learned a new information, the mind stops straining and it no longer concentrates on reproducing the necessary phrase and reading is more automatic. For this reason, it will take considerable effort to keep your mind on the pronunciation of the mantra.
- Another important rule is that in the process of reading a mantra you should not be distracted by extraneous reflections, your mind should focus as much as possible only on the proclamation of the sacred text. Of course, immediately it will be quite difficult for you to adhere to this and the previous rules, but with regular practice you will be able to achieve a greater immersion into yourself and keep your attention on the mantra longer than you get right away.
How do the mantras for meditation at the physical level
When you recite the same words of a sacred text for a long time in the process of meditation, your body and mind begin to calm down, the brain connects these processes (pronunciation of specific expressions and appeasement) into one system in which the signal triggers a reaction.
And then, each time the pronunciation of the familiar text will cause automatic relaxation due to the association with specific words. This is somewhat reminiscent of hypnosis, when, under the influence of verbal signals (that is, words) a change in consciousness occurs, a person is put into a trance state.
At the same time, your perception of the mantra does not play any role at all: you can see it as a prayer in which you address a particular deity, or you can perceive it as an incomprehensible combination of words. Even if you are not an adherent of Eastern religion, it will not interfere with the use of the mantra and the benefits of this process.
Examples of mantras for meditation
Having dealt with the correct pronunciation of mantras, one can consider specific examples of divine songs intended for meditation. All of them are written in the Indian Vedas.
Reading should be done at a moderate pace, stress in the mantra should be done on the last syllable.
- Om Khrim.
- Om bhur bhuvah svaha tata savitur varenyam, bhargo devasya dhimahi dhiyo yo nah pravadadayut.
- Om hrim shrim lakshmi byo namah.
- Om namo navagraha e namaha.
- Om Shrim Om Khrim Shrim Hrim Klim Shrim Klim Witteswaraya Namaha.
- Aum Dhanvantare e Namaha.
- Aum Achyuta Ananda Govinda Vishnor Narayana Amritan. Aum. Regan IU Nasiad Asheshat Achyuta Dhanvantara Hare. Hare om tat sat.
Now you know how to practice reading mantras for meditation and, if you wish, you can attain a state of altered consciousness, as well as be filled with harmony, peace, renounce negative thoughts and feel completely happy.
Guess today with the help of the tarot spread "Day map"!
For proper divination: focus on the subconscious and do not think about anything at least 1-2 minutes.