Psalm 22: What is it read for, text in Russian
It is sometimes called a consolation psalm. Psalm 22, like the others, is part of the Psalms, and he in turn is included in the Old (Old) Testament.
Interestingly, this ancient text is honored not only by Christians — it is also used by Jews during worship services (it is traditionally read during the Sabbath day meal, and Hasidim and Sepharids perform the psalm also in the evening).
As for church-Slavic spiritual practice, the priest reads a psalm in preparation for the sacrament.
Text 22 Psalms of David in Russian
Everyone knows that in Christianity God is often portrayed as a shepherd (shepherd), and believers in the form of a flock. For example, Jesus Christ often said that «the Lord is a good shepherd.»
But who used this comparison for the first time? King David (1005-965 BC), and just in the Psalter!
The history of writing this text
The historians who studied this period in the life of David say: the great king of the Jews wrote these words during a difficult period in his own life. He, undergoing persecution from his own son Absalom, who encroached on the throne, was exhausted in the desert from thirst and hunger.
At that moment three strangers approached him (their names were Barzell, Mahir and Sowie) and offered their help.
After he was fed and fed by these kind people, David thought about the kindness of God, who did not leave him at a difficult time, and thanked Him with beautiful words of psalm-prayer.
By the way, it is known that King David himself in her youth was a shepherd (being not a prince, but the son of a simple man), therefore the topic of caring for sheep is very close to him.
What does the psalm say?
There are many interpretations of this psalm. The interpretation of such texts is done by special people — theologians.
The fact is that even if at first glance it may seem to you that everything is obvious, a part of the true meaning that is laid out in a particular text when writing can be lost during translation, and the other part can be hidden between the lines (there are places that people can easily understand , at the time of which this or that text was written, and completely incomprehensible in our days).
Here are the most popular interpretations:
- If a person trusts in the Lord, He will protect him, protect him, and never leave him in trouble.
- People often do not notice that God has already given them everything necessary for happiness, and they begin to grumble. True believers, after reading this prayer, can look back — and understand that they are already on the “grass pastures”.
- Also in the text is death. This place reminds Christians: you should not be afraid of it, because even in the next world He will be near.
- Rev. Arseny of Cappadocia recommends reading this text to parents whose children treat them without due respect. Ancient words will help people strengthen their souls, not allowing them anger and resentment (you do remember, during what emotional turmoil the king wrote this psalm).
Places that may be incomprehensible to the modern Christian:
- «Meal in the mind of enemies»: do not forget that the text was written by the ruler, who constantly fought, and even among those close to him had many enemies. This line says that when the enemies go against David, the Lord will help confront them.
- “I used oil on my head”: in the East, such a ritual (smearing the head with oil) was considered a sign of happiness, joy.
- “The cup is full”: the benefits that the Lord bestows are granted in full.
Is it possible to read a psalm as a prayer?
Yes, and in this connection among some believers there are even certain superstitions. For example, someone seriously believes that if you read 22 psalms exactly 40 times in a row, it will help to cure a serious illness, make money, solve some pressing problems.
But do not be like the gullible old women on the bench. Any father will say: superstition (even related to prayer and religion) is a departure from the true faith.
And in this case, the prayer «on the counter» completely resembles attempts to witchcraft.
So: it is possible to pray with the help of this psalm, but not according to some scheme or automatically, but sincerely, as you say other addresses to the Lord.
Use of 22 psalms in the movies
Since this Christian text is very popular, many scriptwriters put the twenty-second psalm into the mouths of their heroes, who have to endure certain hardships. For example, this text can be heard in many films. Some of them:
- «The Book of Eli.» This film is a parable about the importance of religion in a person’s life, and the Bible is central to it. Although the style of shooting is far from spiritual — post-apocalypse, cyberpunk.
- «Lost» or «Lost.» Prayer words sounded in different series. Of course, the film dealt with the difficult survival of the victims of the catastrophe on a deserted island. To whom else, if not to the Lord, can one trust in such a situation!
- «David (Bible Legends)» 1997. This film is also known as The Ideal Lord. The biblical king is shown here as majestic, wise, and very pious.
Moreover: this ancient prayer can sometimes be seen in a computer game and various books.
Also, these words were repeatedly set to music. And not only modern believers who prefer to pray to the Lord with the help of songs.
To his time, the words of the psalm inspired Antonin Dvorak, Leonard Bernstein and even Franz Schubert.
And what other psalms are known for the legendary Judah king David? What is the history of their writing? You will learn about it from this video.
And besides, a short documentary tells about the life of this ruler, beloved by his people.
Guess today with the help of the tarot spread "Day map"!
For proper divination: focus on the subconscious and do not think about anything at least 1-2 minutes.