Orthodox prayers for all occasions
Prayer is the faithful companion of every true Christian believer. With prayer the Orthodox addresses the Lord and the saints in moments of joy and sorrow, in their bright and dark days.
Orthodox prayers for all occasions, coming from the very heart of the believer, help in all situations, allow the worshiper to enlist the support of higher powers.
What is prayer?
Prayer is not just a text with a secret meaning. This is the means by which a believer can personally talk with God, to be alone with Him.
Prayer gives peace and tranquility to a Christian, brings inner relief, pacifies the state of mind (and sometimes this is what is needed in difficult times).
Orthodox prayer is a sacrament in which the heart, soul, voice and mind of a person participate. This is an invisible thread that helps establish a strong bond between the believer and the Creator.
For the Almighty to hear the petition, a Christian must expose his heart to Him and become like Him, learning to love, forgive, and pity as the Lord did, and also to honor and sanctify Him.
Orthodox prayers help a person find a solution from the dead-end circumstances that life sometimes presents. They allow you to find answers to the questions of concern to the Christian, promote spiritual growth and strengthen the faith in the holy forces.
The believer should not hesitate to rely on the help of the Almighty and His saints — we should not postpone communication with Him.
Of course, a person who wants to achieve the maximum effect from prayer, and is obliged to put certain demands on himself, in particular, to take care of the purity and unselfishness of his soul. During the sacrament of prayer, the believer will certainly need to eliminate all contradictions between his body, soul, and thoughts and fully tune in to internal contact with the Lord.
Classification of Orthodox prayers
No Orthodox will doubt the power of prayers. But to use them correctly, it’s not enough to know their texts — it is important to have an idea about the classification of prayers and their purpose, about which specific text to refer to in a given situation.
A person will be able to decide on the choice of the necessary prayer, if he will be guided by the inner call of his heart, look attentively at the difficulty in his life.
The Orthodox Church, of course, does not establish any official classification of prayers, but still conditionally, by the nature of the appeal, all prayer texts can be sorted into the following categories:
- pleading — contain some kind of request;
- penitential — contain repentance;
- thank-you — give thanks to the higher forces;
- glorifying — praise the Lord and His holy saints.
Prayer covers not only the spiritual mood of a person. It affects its physiological features, that is, its ability to restructure its body for relaxation and forthcoming contact with celestial forces.
Texts of Orthodox prayers in Russian for various situations
Universal and strongest prayers
In Orthodoxy there are 3 basic and strongest prayers, which every true Christian is obliged to know. It:
- «Our Father» (Lord’s Prayer). This prayer contains 7 requests and glorifies the Most High. With its help, the Orthodox confirms his faith in the Creator, expresses his humility and submission to His will, asks that He give him everything necessary for life, repent of sins and appeal to protection from evil. With “Our Father” it is recommended to start any appeal to the Lord.
- “Virgin Mary, rejoice”. In this prayer, the believer asks for the intercession of the Mother of God, glorifies her. With the “Virgin of the Virgin, rejoice,” should begin any petition to the Ever-Virgin.
- «Symbol of faith» (“I believe”). Prayer is used to confirm your faith.
These 3 prayers are an integral part of the daily prayer rule. They are also universal and can be pronounced in any life event.
Prayers by Category
The defining criteria in the life of most modern people are health, family well-being, financial stability and security — only with their combination can we talk about the general — vital — well-being. If any of these spheres does not develop properly, Orthodox prayers can help correct it and improve it.
Prayer of the Most Holy Mother of God for health
This prayer can be pronounced in moments of ailment, in front of the icon of the Virgin, in the temple or at home. In tandem with traditional medical treatment, it accelerates recovery.
An indispensable condition is that a person afflicted with a disease, or one for whom they pray, must be baptized. Text of the prayer in Russian:
Two prayers for the family
- First prayer, addressed to the Mother of God helps to strengthen the family, maintains mutual understanding in it, protects from all evil and ill-wishers. Text:
- Second prayer, facing the Lord, strengthens the love between spouses and gives family happiness Text:
Spyridon Trimifuntsky’s prayer for financial well-being
This prayer addressed to Saint Spyridon Trimifuntsky is read in all situations related to finances and material goods (work, sale and purchase of real estate, contracting, help in business, salary increase, etc.). The text is as follows:
Short prayer for protection and blessing — Jesus
Despite its brevity, one of the most powerful prayers. It is used when there is a strong need for intercession, protection and blessing of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Prayer helps when there is no time to pronounce a longer text. Jesus prayer words:
“Psalm 90” — the strongest protective prayer
Another of the strongest Orthodox prayers read in order to obtain protection in dangerous and life-threatening situations is the Psalm 90 (Alive in Help of the Most High). She, like a powerful impenetrable shield, is able to protect the praying from any negative. The text of the prayer:
Listen to prayers and chants online
You can listen to Orthodox prayers for all occasions online on our website:
This collection contains 37 strong Orthodox prayers.
How to use prayers?
Orthodox prayer in itself is distinguished by quite high efficiency. But in order for the higher forces to hear and give the prayer timely help, the prayer must be correctly pronounced.
- The best time to prayerfully address the Higher Forces is to choose morning or evening — this is the most favorable period when a person is not captured by daily vanity, his consciousness is as free as possible, and his body is relaxed.
- Before the beginning of the sacrament of prayer, it is necessary to concentrate, get rid of extraneous thoughts in your head. It is necessary to pray in a quiet state, slowly, trying to penetrate the meaning of each word and passing it through itself.
- It is better to give preference to short prayers, the content of which is understandable than to say mechanically, without understanding, long prayers. And it is better to take not quantity, but quality. One prayer, said with understanding, from the heart, will be much more useful than hundreds of soullessly read texts.
- Appeal to higher forces should be either standing or kneeling. A sitting or lying position is permitted during illness or on the road.
- In prayer one should ask not only for oneself, but also for one’s relatives or close ones, especially in the moments of alarm for them. You can also mention your detractors, to pray to God for their forgiveness.
- The presence of prayer experience with the believer also makes its own adjustments. If a Christian only recently came to religion, and the experience of his prayers is very poor, the Church does not forbid him to turn to the higher forces in her own words. Orthodox prayers for beginners will be easier given if you say the texts out loud, working on intonation and clearly pronouncing every word.
- Prayers uttered within the walls of a liturgical institution are more pronounced, so you should not be afraid to go to the temple, moreover, you should visit it as often as possible.
- Do not ever forget about the praise of the Lord and gratitude to Him. For this purpose, you can read prayers of thanksgiving and glorification.
Many Orthodox Christians turn to all prayers for all occasions. But, unfortunately, not all representatives of modern society know how to correctly use such prayers.
In prayer, do not ask for the fulfillment of any desire. First of all, it is necessary to appeal to the Lord with a request to bestow reason and support, which will help you find the right ways out of the established circumstances and achieve any goals.
It is also necessary to lead the most righteous life, not to allow sinful passions to take possession of your soul, for sins erect a wall between God and man.
Guess today with the help of the tarot spread "Day map"!
For proper divination: focus on the subconscious and do not think about anything at least 1-2 minutes.