Reading morning and evening prayers in Church Slavonic language according to the prayer book
I offer morning and evening prayers daily. I advise everyone to read them in the original Church Slavonic language.
Today I will talk about these prayers in detail, I will describe the rules for their reading.
Morning and evening prayers
Surely every righteous Christian knows that every morning he must begin with a prayer. Just like ending your day with the Lord.
These are very important rituals for a believer, for what could be better than to receive the blessings of all the Saints in the morning and enlist the support of the Lord in all your deeds and undertakings.
And the evening prayers will allow to cleanse the soul of all the negative that has accumulated there in a day, and, probably, everyone will confirm that the prayer for the future will make it strong and sweet. For those who regularly engage in morning and evening spiritual practices, with certain time they will want to develop further and comprehend new facets of our religion.
To do this, you can begin to study the sacred Church Slavonic language, in which the originals of most of the sacred texts are written.
It is very favorable to read the morning prayers in Church Slavonic, because this language best conveys hidden spiritual knowledge to us and immerses in a special kindly atmosphere, which is simply necessary for proper communication with the Almighty. Do not be lazy and take the time to master this language to perfection.
This will increase your spirituality, show your zeal and, importantly, allow you to read the prayer books and other holy books in the original.
Why use the Old Slavonic language when reading prayers
Before you start learning the Old Slavonic language, it is important for you to understand why this is necessary, because many people calmly read prayers in modern Russian as well. So, the most important aspect here is the fact that it was in Church Slavonic that the sacred texts were read by Saints and Great Martyrs for many millennia. This, of course, could not but affect the power of these words.
Lines in this ancient language are read out during church services, which also gives special power to prayer.
Church Slavonic language will allow to send a Christian to the very origins of our faith and touch the grace that these lines brought to many people throughout the entire existence of the language.
Also, the important point is that when you say a prayer in a new language, you fully concentrate on it and try to pronounce every word from the prayer book as thoughtfully and correctly as possible. This will prevent thoughts from being distracted by other problems, and attention diverted. Therefore, if you lack perseverance and concentration while communicating with the Lord, then learning a new language can help fix it.
Reading in Church Slavonic will always amaze with the beauty and depth of this speech.
In this language, there are no bad words, so it is absolutely pure and can not be used to harm and transmit negative. Preserving and transmitting the Church Slavonic language to future generations will allow us to maintain the sanctity of our culture and the individuality of religion, and this is very important.
What are the features of the Church Slavonic language, how to learn to read it
Church Slavonic, unlike other adverbs, has never been the language of any nation or tribe. It was created «artificially» for specific purposes. Its founder is St. Cyril, who wanted to create a language in which only religious, religious and godly words could be spoken.
He wanted to create an outlet for Christians where they could fully immerse themselves in thoughts about God, the universe and their spirituality. It was the Church Slavonic language that became this “oasis” for the healing of the souls of righteous Orthodox people.
- This language was created in the process of translation of the Word of God, the Bible and other scriptures. The birth of this naming occurred in the ninth century of our era, and after that it was carefully passed down by the followers of Orthodoxy.
- The basis for the creation of the Church Slavonic language was the dialect of the South Slavic peoples, but philologists argue that in this adverb the influence of the language of the most powerful empire at that time, Byzantium, is clearly visible.
- This sacred language has never been used for everyday conversations and empty routine conversations, so it is even impossible to imagine the power that every word said and written in Church Slavonic holds.
In order to start learning this language, you should find yourself a teacher who has long mastered it. If so far there is no such possibility, then you can proceed to the study of the Church Slavonic alphabet.
Some letters will seem familiar to you, but you will have to try to memorize others.
After all the letters have become known, and incomprehensible squiggles do not frighten you, you can begin reading attempts. To do this, open the prayer book and try to figure out what is written.
This language is close to us, so you can grasp the meaning of many words on an intuitive level.
Where can I find the text of any prayer in the sacred Church Slavonic language
Perhaps for you this will now become a discovery, but there is a lot of charitable literature that is written in Church Slavonic. In order to purchase it, it is enough to come to the church shop and choose the edition that is to your liking.
All the books that priests use during worship are written in this language. Many prayer books also contain prayers in a sacred dialect.
At the very beginning of acquaintance with the Old Slavonic, the best option would be the prayer book, where the sacred text in Church Slavonic language is then duplicated in Russian. This will allow you to expand your vocabulary not just cramming, but instant application in practice, but, as you know, this method of memorizing information is considered the most effective.
Basic rules for reading prayers and appeals to the Saints and the Lord Almighty
When reading prayers in the Old Slavonic language, it is necessary to follow certain rules that will help make spiritual practice more effective and correct.
So, here are the main points that you should consider when referring to the Lord Almighty and the Saints:
- If you have not studied the language well enough, then do not worry that some words are not quite clear to you yet. Continue your prayer and do not dwell on it.
- Read the sacred text as intelligently as possible, do not turn it into a mechanical process of repeating memorized words. Behind each spoken word there must be certain images, emotions and awareness.
- For morning and evening spiritual practices, there are special prayers that can be found in the prayer book. In time, you will memorize them and be able to pronounce them from memory.
- Speak everything very clearly and clearly, do not rush. You do not need to chase after speed, if, for example, you do not have time to read all the usual prayers with quality in the morning, you’d better reduce their number, and do not knock them in a hurry.
- Make a meaningful stop in the text. This is very important so that the readable words in the mind are well absorbed.
- If you pronounce the sacred words out loud, do not make it too loud. Your voice should be as natural as possible.
What should be asked in morning prayers, what should be concentrated during this spiritual practice
Morning prayers are what you should always have time for. Do not be lazy and do not miss a single day. When addressing the Lord in the morning, immediately after waking up, you should ask about the following things:
- Ask for blessings on all the undertakings and things that you have planned today.
- Ask your family and your health to always be strong, and diseases never come into the family.
- Ask for the day to cope with all the temptations and tricks of the evil one.
- And, of course, do not forget to thank the Almighty for giving you one more day of this wonderful life, and you can breathe, love, communicate with family and close people.
What should the evening prayer contain
In the evening, you should thank the Lord for all the good and bad things that happened on this day. Also show your humility and report accepting all the lessons that life has taught today. Ask for a good sleep and rest.
Also, it is just before bedtime that it is most favorable to pronounce the most intimate desires.
- Start learning the sacred language by memorizing the alphabet.
- Get the necessary charitable literature in the church shop, practice reading in Old Slavonic as often as possible.
- Speak all the words with a clear understanding and concentrate as much as possible on the process of praying.
- Take your time and read the sacred text slowly.
- Do not read the prayer monotonously, pause where they are needed in meaning. This will make the spoken words even better understood.
Guess today with the help of the tarot spread "Day map"!
For proper divination: focus on the subconscious and do not think about anything at least 1-2 minutes.