Angel’s Day (name day) Timothy on the Church calendar of Orthodox Christians
This name is rare today, but nevertheless it is considered to be common in church practice. Having decided to name his son Timosha, parents will not worry that he will not have a birthday.
Let us recall all the dates, and of course, the lives of the saints, who are considered the spiritual patrons of the carrier of the given name.
When to raise a glass of health topics?
Since there are many saints patrons of this name, and a person’s day should be one, choose the date that falls on Timothy’s birthday, or is closest to her on the calendar.
- On December 11 (or November 28, old style), Christians venerate the martyr Timothy, the bishop. By the way, if you don’t know, “martyr” means: a person accepted martyrdom or death while being in the dignity of the church.
- January 1 (or December 19): Holy Martyr Timofey Moorish, who served as a deacon in the 4th century.
- January 17 (or 4): Holy Martyr Timothy, Bishop of Ephesus, apostle from 70 (about him you can watch the presentation video, which you will find at the end of this article).
- February 4 (or January 22): the day of memory of the same saint to whom they pray on January 17.
- February 6 (or January 24): Timothy Sicilian, martyr (this church rank means: a person was tortured or was killed during monasticism).
- February 14 (or 1): at a time when Catholics celebrate Valentine’s Day (the holiday is more secular than church), the Orthodox celebrate the day of Timothy the Confessor, the reverend. This San says that during his life the saint took monastic vows.
- February 26 (or 13): Patriarch Timothy of Alexandria, Saint (last word means that during his life the saint was in high ecclesiastical rank).
- March 6 (or February 21): Timothy in the Symbol, Reverend, Hermit, also known as Olympic.
- March 12 (or February 27): Timothy of Caesarea, Rev.
- March 28 (14): Timolai of Palestine, also known as Timothy of Caesarea, martyr.
- April 29 (or 16): Timothy, the righteous.
- May 16 (or 3): Reader Timofey Fivaidsky, a martyr (his name is honored with his wife Mavra).
- June 2 (or the old May 20): Dovmont (at Timothy’s baptism), pious Prince of Pskov, end of the 13th century. Only a Russian saint, in the western countries is not venerated.
- June 23 (or 10): Timothy of Prussia (mid-4th century), martyr, bishop.
- June 25 (or 12): Timothy Thebaid, Rev.
- August 14 (or 1): Timofey Prokonessky, the prelate (he converted or strengthened many people in the faith), bishop.
- September 1 (or 19 if old) August: Timothy Palestine, martyr, beginning of the 4th century. His name is remembered along with others: Agapia, Thecla.
- September 2 (or 20) of August: Timofey Filippolsky or Thracian, martyr.
- November 11 (or October 29): Timofey Athos or Esfigmensky, Rev.
- November 18 (or 5): the same saint is honored on this day as November 11.
- November 22 (or 9): Timofey Kucherov (1871-1937), a new martyr, was shot by the NKV-distov near Moscow.
Church Name Form — Origin
In the church calendar, it is written the same way as in worldly documents.
From the Greek Timofeos — «a man who honors God.»
The name came to the territory of our country during the period of princely Rus, in the years of the baptism of our ancestors. At first it was only Byzantine, but later it became Russian when we had our own saint Timofey — the Prince of Pskov, a martyr who suffered for his faith.
What is the fate and character of the carrier of this name?
Strengths of character: vitality, activity, positive outlook on life. This is a calm person, not remembering insults.
Weak: it can be a henpecked, as in childhood (obeys mom), and in adulthood (a girl or spouse of Timosha will take the place of mom). Sometimes he is so much accustomed to the role of quiet, that he can not adequately react to the insult.
He is unfaithful to women, but he does not respect them (which is why his own spouse is often unhappy, even dissatisfied with sex).
- Childhood. This is a fun child who never sits on the ground — a real fright, forcing those around him to burst into laughter from his tricks. Very curious. Often, he is not friends with his peers, but with older guys.
- Youth At school, a guy cannot be called diligent, but he catches knowledge on the fly, thanks to which he learns well. He has hundreds of friends, in whose company Theme likes to have fun. However, almost everyone in his get-together is girls who adore the pretty appearance and gentle temperament of a guy.
- Mature years. This man wants to «break through» in life, and for this he is ready to work for a long time in an unloved position. It will be great if he takes the girl from his own circle, since a different upbringing of the chosen one can ruin Timothy’s marriage. It is also important that he and his beloved have a lot in common (friends, hobbies, and if possible, work).
It is believed that Elena, Natalya, Marianna or Svetlana will be the ideal pair for the carrier of the name. And with women like Olga, Evdokia or Marina, marriage will be like solid trials.
The most famous saints bearing this name
- Martyrs Timothy and Mavra. Young people were married just 20 days before martyrdom. During the persecution of Christians at the end of the 3rd century, they were forced to sacrifice to the pagan gods, but they refused. In addition, Timothy, being a church reader, did not give up his sacred books. He did not flinch during the torment. The Romans persuaded his spouse Mavra to dress up and beg the spouse to renounce the faith. Timothy shamed the woman, reminding him that she did not have to fear his death, since the Lord had prepared for them eternal life. Then Maura refused wealth and declared herself a Christian to a full voice. The martyrs were crucified on crosses.
- Martyr Timothy Sicilian (suffered for the faith with Agapius and their teacher Vavila). In Sicily, they converted many pagans to the true faith. They were tortured for a long time and then executed. Their bodies were thrown into the fire, but the flames did not touch them. Sicilian Christians found their bodies and buried them.
- Prince Timofey (Dovmont), Prince of Pskov (1266-1299). He defended his city from the Germans and Lithuanians, made it independent of Novgorod. The ROC regards him as holy after the Batoriyev invasion.
And about Saint Timofey, the saint, bishop of Ephesus, the apostle from 70 and the martyr, disciple of the apostle Paul (it was to him that the holy apostle addressed in his Epistle to Timothy), in this short video:
Guess today with the help of the tarot spread "Day map"!
For proper divination: focus on the subconscious and do not think about anything at least 1-2 minutes.