Is it possible to inhalate with Miramistin for adults and children? — instructions for use
Inhalation with «Miramistin» — medical procedure prescribed by otolaryngologists to eliminate niduses of the nasal mucosa, as well as to cleanse and normalize the work of the respiratory system of the human body. Angina (tonsillitis), bronchitis, antritis, laryngitis, pneumonia, otitis, rhinitis, sinusitis are only often diseases that Miramistin fights against. The action of the drug is aimed at eliminating bacteria, viruses, microbes and other infections that have struck the body.
«Miramistin» is a rather effective and widespread antiseptic, and therefore using it during inhalations, you do not just relieve the symptoms of your illness, but completely get rid of it. It is necessary to note such a positive fact about the solution: it has no color — the liquid is clear and also does not have an unpleasant odor. The price of the tool is very reasonable, and therefore every person with average earnings can afford such a valuable acquisition.
In our article we will tell you about the purposes for which this drug can be used, that is, what are the indications for its use, as well as when it is better to abandon Miramistin, replacing it with another means that will not contraindications; share the nuances of preparing a solution for inhalation at home. From this material you will learn how to properly undergo a medical procedure and what are the differences between inhalations for children and adults..
The scope of «Miramistin» is quite wide, in modern medicine this drug is used in many areas. The tool is prescribed by doctors for:
- dermatologists for the treatment of pustular diseases of the skin, foot mycosis and microbial eczema;
- gynecologists to solve serious problems — vaginitis, vulvovaginitis, colpitis;
- venereologists as a prophylactic in case of non-observance of the rules of protection during sexual intercourse;
- dentists to eliminate the source of diseases of the oral cavity — gingivitis, stomatitis, periodontitis;
- surgeons during the purification of purulent cavities, as well as for the treatment of body parts and internal organs after receiving injuries, injuries, burns and other injuries;
- urologists to stabilize the work of the urinary, reproductive system, to solve problems with cystitis, urethritis, prostatitis;
- pulmonologists during the treatment of such serious diseases as bronchitis, pneumonia and others;
- otorhinolaryngologists for the purification of the nasal mucosa and respiratory tract from viruses, infections and the establishment of the system of these organs, that is, the treatment of angina, sinusitis, laryngitis, rhinitis, otitis, pharyngitis.
We will focus on the last two in more detail, because “Miramistin” as a drug for inhalation is used in these areas of medicine. According to the instructions in the package, the solution acts locally and only in this case will be effective and fast. For this reason, doctors in polyclinics, ENT and pulmonology departments prescribe «Miramistin» for washing, gargling, irrigation using a spray nozzle.
However, it is worth noting that in the information on the use of «Miramistin» there is no point that the tool can be used to undergo inhalation procedures. However, medical professionals are aware of the benefits of inhalation use of the drug, and therefore recommend using it for this procedure during the course of treatment and the course of therapy.
Inhalations with «Miramistin» will be effective in the initial period of the disease with early detection of symptoms to destroy the source, for example, a runny nose, as well as a positive result during the course of treatment of eliminating angina, adenoids, pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, bronzit and others.
The indications for the use of inhalations «Miramistin» are as follows:
- runny nose (rhinitis), sinusitis, sinusitis — the drug has an effect on the disease, eliminates the causes, resulting in a speedy recovery;
- wet or dry cough — a drug that fights against a nidus of the disease, promotes sputum secretion, if talking about a dry cough, speeds up the healing process, being used as an auxiliary drug along with other drugs, the action of which is also aimed at eradicating the disease; important information! Children are prescribed inhalation «Miramistin» when they cough in the early stages of the disease, as soon as symptoms are detected. Having antibacterial properties, antiseptic immediately reacts with viruses and infections, accelerating the process of their death in the child’s body:
- bronchitis is a serious disease that occurs in an acute or chronic form, and the doctor should be the only one to monitor the use of medications during treatment, controlling the drugs and their dosage. «Miramistin» — an antimicrobial agent, the action of which is aimed at the pathogens of the disease and accelerating their destruction;
- adenoids — the antiseptic cannot cope with this problem completely, because it is possible to cure adenoids only by surgical intervention, additionally using immunostimulants, antibiotics and taking a vitamin course. «Miramistin» in this case eliminates viruses and microbes that hit only the surface of the mucosa, that is, it has only an anti-infective effect.
Be sure to take note! You will achieve a positive result only in case of using inhalation procedures with Miramistin in pure, ready-made form or with saline, if you are talking about children, you can achieve it only if you complete a health course, that is, using medication along with others that pursue the same purpose — antiseptics, antibiotics, sprays, syrups, tablets against viral, infectious diseases of the nose, throat, respiratory tract.
The rules of the procedure at home are available, they must be adhered to without fail, so that the inhalations of Miramistin give the result of a long-awaited recovery.
Perhaps the most common questions that concern patients are those related to the duration of inhalation treatment, dosage, proportions :: “How long is the treatment?”, “How many times during the day does a nebulizer be used for inhalation?”, “What is the dosage for adults and children? ”,“ In what proportions should be diluted product for the child? ”and others on this topic. We will give answers to all these questions.
- First of all, regarding the duration of the Miramistin treatment. The duration of therapeutic procedures is determined by the attending physician. Based on the stage of the disease, the absence or presence of complications, the doctor prescribes the dosage and makes recommendations about the frequency of use of the drug. On average, the course lasts five to ten days.
- Secondly, how long the inhalation procedure itself takes. There are differences for different age categories: adults need to undergo one procedure for at least ten minutes, and a maximum of fifteen; in children one inhalation takes five to ten minutes — this time will be enough for a child. About children age, about whether it is possible to inhale children up to three years old — babies, up to one year old, one year old, we will tell you babies a little later.
- Thirdly, it is necessary to carry out one or three procedures throughout the day in order to achieve the desired effect.
We will stop the dosages, because there are important nuances. In order to carry out one procedure, you will need 4 ml of «Miramistin». If the inhalation procedure is performed by an adult, the solution is used in its pure form. Buy 0.01 percent of the composition can be in any pharmacy at a reasonable price. In the case of the purpose of the solution for a child who has not yet turned 12 years old, the purchased medicine must be diluted in a sterile container. Miramistin is diluted either with saline or with purified water purified through a filter in proportions of 1: 2, where 1 is an antiseptic, 2 is saline or water. On the recommendation of the doctor, you can dilute the drug with others, such as «Lasolvan», «Dexamethasone», «Grammydin». Auxiliary components for the drug against pain in the throat, dry and wet cough, nasal diseases, again, are clarified by a doctor.
The mixture is prepared immediately before the start of the inhalation procedure. Storage of ready-made mixture is not recommended. From the funds that have not been used, you should get rid of. Its subsequent use is unlikely to be effective.
How to carry out the procedure of inhalation «Miramistin»? For these purposes, a nebulizer is needed — it is a special device whose work consists in converting a liquid antiseptic medicine into an aerosol that needs to be inhaled, which, in fact, will facilitate its penetration into the larynx, lungs, bronchi, trachea, nose. Since the form of the aerosol is fine, the drug will not burn the oral mucosa, as well as the nasopharynx. A huge plus of using a nebulizer during dry, wet cough, runny nose, sinusitis, laryngitis, sore throat, pneumonia — the drug acts on bacteria, fungi, viruses and other infections, reaching specifically to the causative agent of the disease, accelerating their death.
Inhalation procedures performed at home are not difficult. To carry them easily, you just need to have on hand the drug and a special device. For this, it is not necessary to send to hospitals and clinics. Advice is very important, because during illness you should not go out, so as not to aggravate the disease, and also not to spread viruses and bacteria to surrounding people, getting to your destination. If you start to inhale «Miramistin» in the early stages, immediately after the discovery of symptoms, you can quickly fight the infection inside, preventing it from affecting the entire body, worsening your general well-being and turning, for example, a runny nose to sinusitis, and a slight sore throat, tingling sore throat
So, how to properly undergo the inhalation procedure «Miramistin» with a compressor nebulizer? Follow further recommendations:
- Wear it on yourself or wear the child as comfortably as possible in terms of clothes that will not fit around the body, as a result of which breathing will be difficult due to the compression of the organs of the respiratory system. There are no buttoned-up shirts with a collar, ties, sweaters with a collar, divers, golf and other inappropriate clothing for the procedure. You should feel completely comfortable.
- It is necessary to undergo the procedure an hour after the last meal, and after inhalation, you need to wait a little for a couple of hours with food. No first courses, side dishes, side dishes, snacks, desserts, fruit and even drinks. This interval is made so that the remaining concentrated drug on the mucous membrane of the nasopharynx and organs of the respiratory system does not fall along with the food inside, and fights with the infection.
- Before starting the procedure at home, you need to clear the nose of mucus formations, and it is also recommended to rinse the throat and oral cavity with herbal medicinal tinctures, for example, from chamomile, calendula, sage, eucalyptus. This preparatory stage will enhance the positive effect of the use of an antiseptic preparation for inhalation using a nebulizer.
- Sit on a chair or chair, plant a child. That is, the surface must be firm in order to sit smoothly. The nebulizer should be placed nearby, for example, on a pedestal near the seat.
- The temperature of the solution should be at room temperature. For a child, you can warm up the composition in a water bath. It is very easy to do: take two containers — less and more. In the one that is smaller, pour Miramistin and sodium chloride (saline) and place in a second vessel with warm water that exceeds the size of the first. It is forbidden to heat the drug in the microwave or bring the composition to a boil on the stove.
- During sinusitis, it is necessary to inhale a rhinitis through the nose and exhale with the mouth; with laryngitis, tonsillitis, bronchitis, tracheitis, the procedure is the opposite: inhale through the mouth, exhale — the nose.
- You need to breathe slowly, taking deep, calm breaths.
Adhering to the nuances listed above, inhalations with Miramistin through the nebulizer will proceed in the correct mode, and as a result — recovery will come sooner.
Inhalation «Miramistin» children and adults have their own characteristics. Of course, the main are the dosage and duration of each procedure.