Gargling with sore throat — traditional and traditional medicine
Gargling for sore throat — This is the most effective treatment. With the help of rinsing you can quickly get rid of tonsillitis and its symptoms, such as a runny nose, cough, fever and many others.
Different types of sore throats, such as tonsillitis, purulent or ulcerative sore throat, have different methods of treatment. However, gargling will be equally useful for any type of sore throat, and will serve as a means for a speedy recovery.
Among other things, there are general recommendations for gargling, regardless of what you are going to rinse:
- To rinse the throat it is necessary to use only a warm solution. In no case should it be hot or cold.
- You must gargle at least two times a day.
- You must gargle for the duration of the illness, until she retreats completely.
- It is not necessary to choose only one means by which you will gargle. It is possible and even necessary to alternate different means so that rinsing is as effective as possible.
- It is not recommended to gargle more than twice a day, since most drugs tend to dry out the mucous membrane and glands, which can only worsen the patient’s condition.
As already mentioned, there are many tools with which you can gargle with sore throat at home. We will tell you about the most effective and common.
Furacilin for gargling — This is the most popular at the moment tool. Diluting it is not difficult, even pharmaceutical skills are not needed here. You just need to take 0.10 grams of Furacilin for one liter of water. Tablets should be finely ground as little as possible so that they dissolve into warm water as quickly as possible. By the way, the water for such rinsing must be thoroughly boiled beforehand so that it does not contain any bacteria. You can also use distilled water if it is in your home.
Stir Furacilin until it is completely dissolved, after which the resulting solution will need to be drained through gauze. After that you can start rinsing. Gargling with Furacilin should be no more than a week. Also be careful with dosages.
Children and pregnant women are not recommended to gargle with Furacilin solution..
The best and most affordable means of gargling for sore throat is iodine, soda and salt. To get a miraculous solution, you need to take one spoonful of soybeans and soda, pour in a glass of warm boiled water and stir well to melt the crystals. After that add five drops of iodine, and you can start rinsing. Read more on how to gargle soda in the video below.
Vinegar for gargling it is necessary to use only apple. A teaspoon of vinegar should be diluted with water in the amount of half a glass. The solution for gargling for sore throat must be warm!
Gargle with vinegar should be every two hours until your tonsillitis recedes. If you believe the reviews, then she retreats with such treatment very quickly.
Gargle Chlorhexidine completely easy. For adults, the rinsing process does not even require pre-mixing Chlorhexidine with water. You just need to take one tablespoon of money and rinse your mouth with it for 15 seconds. This procedure should be repeated three times, and gargling with Chlorhexidine should be no more than three times a day. It is not advisable to drink, brush your teeth or eat food for half an hour after the procedure.
Gargling Chlorhexidine children can not be in its pure form. To do this, dilute the medium with water in a 1: 2 ratio.
Hydrogen peroxide You can also gargle. This recipe has been known to us since the days of our grandmothers’ youth, and it looks like this:
- Find a peroxide solution at a pharmacy that should not exceed three percent.
- Mix one tablespoon of peroxide with hundreds of milliliters of warm boiled water.
- You can start gargling with sore throat.
You should know that gargling with hydrogen peroxide to treat angina should be at least four times a day. The course of treatment is not more than five days. Do not forget to rinse the throat with clean warm water at the end of the rinse so that the peroxide does not dry the tonsils.
Children are not recommended to gargle with peroxide.
To gargle chamomile with angina, to start it should be properly brewed. In addition, chamomile has a number of contraindications, not knowing about which you can harm the body. You can not gargle with chamomile in such cases.:
- if the patient has gastritis or a stomach ulcer;
- if the patient has a tendency to frequent diarrhea;
- if the patient has illnesses on the basis of nerves.
A chamomile tea can be prepared for gargling as follows: one and a half tablespoons of dry chamomile should be filled with a glass of boiling water, covered with a lid and pressed for at least half an hour.
Gargle with chamomile extract at least four times a day. You can alternate with other solutions for rinsing.
To cook calendula solution for gargling in case of sore throat it is possible in this way: take one small spoonful of dried flowers of calendula and fill it with boiling water in the amount of 200 milliliters. Cover the infusion with a lid and wait half an hour, after which you can gargle when the infusion has cooled.
For those who did not know, the story is known to all Coca-Cola originates from the pharmacy, as this drink was considered a drug. And still its healing properties surprise many. Coca-Cola can gargle with a simple and purulent tonsillitis, and this should be done as follows:
- Buy a bottle of Coca-Cola at any store, preferably in a glass, bring it home and leave it open for a while to let the gas out.
- After that, pour cola in a cup and send it in the microwave.
- Heat the drink to a temperature of 30 degrees.
- You can gargle with cola.
Whatever way of gargling you choose, the results will be noticeable after a couple of days. Just be careful with the dosages, as well as consult with your doctor before gargling with angina with suggested remedies.