The most effective folk remedies for hair loss in men and women
Folk remedies for hair loss guarantee a quick and effective solution to the problem. They stop and prevent further hair loss, strengthen, moisturize and nourish weakened locks, heal the skin, take care of hair follicles. There is a huge number of different recipes for masks, balms, decoctions, tinctures at home, which will help to cope with problems relating to the scalp. Enough treatment at home to see the result.
On average, a person loses from 50 to 100 hairs every day. This is considered normal. But with a greater loss of hairs, you can already talk about the presence of a problem — alopecia (excessive hair loss). There are a lot of possible reasons. The factors provoking baldness are slightly different in men and women.
In this article you can find out why hair falls out and how to prevent it, you can easily find a suitable recipe for yourself, which will allow you to achieve an impressive result. Follow the tips and instructions to make your curls healthier and beautiful.
Causes of hair loss in women need to know to prevent the loss of curls. Every woman of the fair sex anxiously monitors the state of her hair. And hair loss is a bell to the fact that you should promptly sign up for a consultation with a doctor or use homemade recipes that will also be effective. Women very rarely bald completely, but the thinning of the hair is still possible.
The main factors that affect the intensity of hair loss include:
- Sudden temperature changes that occur due to hypothermia or the constant use of styling devices, including irons, curling irons, flute or hairdryer.
- Problems of hormonal background, age-related changes in the body, which are often observed during pregnancy, after childbirth, during puberty of adolescents and during menopause.
- Avitaminosis, which usually manifests itself in winter and spring, when there are not enough vitamins.
- Acceptance of individual medications, conducting procedures, such as chemotherapy, treatment with antibiotics.
- Incorrect, unbalanced or limited power. Problems include excessive consumption of carbohydrates, fats, sugar, or, conversely, the lack of useful minerals and elements.
- The transfer of severe stress, the constant presence in the nervous or excited state, depression and chronic fatigue.
- Poor ecology, for example, acid rain.
- Disorders and diseases of the endocrine system, usually associated with the thyroid gland.
- Poor performance of salon procedures with hair (perm, dyeing, bleaching, build-up, weaving African braids and dreadlocks), as well as regular sock taut tails.
In women, the main enemy of the lush and thick head of hair are depressive states, stress and nerve shocks. In some cases, severe hair loss and even the appearance of gray hair is the result of the stress and emotional distress.
The fair sex problem of hair loss can be observed during pregnancy and after giving birth within three to four months. This can be explained by the hormonal restructuring of the body, the lack of vitamins and useful components, as well as constant fatigue. The reasons associated with this period include the fact that there is a significant loss of iron in the body, the endocrine system is impaired, there is a general shortage of trace elements, which provokes additional skin and nail problems. Sometimes the main factor can be called the effect of anesthesia on the body.
Why do men go bald? The problem of alopecia is more characteristic of the male half of the population. It is often pathological in nature. In this case, the primary symptoms may occur at a fairly young age (starting from 15-25 years). The first in the risk zone are those men whose family has bald relatives. In this case, home remedies are unlikely to completely cope with the problem. It is advisable to seek help from a specialist who will prescribe appropriate medications.
The reasons that lead to baldness in men, quite a lot. The main ones include the following:
- Constant stress, frequent feelings, strong emotional overstrain, anxiety, insomnia and other problems with sleep.
- Wrong or irregular meals. This leads to a lack of vitamins and minerals. The main problem may be the rare use of vegetables, fruits, low-fat dairy products. And also the problem may lie in the excessive consumption of fats and fast carbohydrates.
- Genetic diseases or heredity. If there are close bald relatives, then the likelihood of developing alopecia is very high.
- Abuse of alcohol and smoking.
- Problems with metabolism, pathology of the endocrine system, including thyroid disease.
- Down syndrome.
- Fungal infections, including ringworm.
- Some diseases of the connective tissue.
- Age-related changes in the body.
- Bad ecology.
- Adrenal pathologies, including Addison’s disease.
Often, the hair begins to fall out intensively from the sides of the head and on the top of the head. New hair after regrowth becomes thinner or does not grow at all. This is the most common type of baldness associated with genetic predisposition and age-related changes.
The presence of fungus can be judged by the appearance of spots or bald islets on the head. Additionally, there is itching, peeling and redness of the epidermis. In these cases, it is important to consult a specialist to prevent complete baldness.
What vitamins are missing if hair falls out? In fact, it is easy to determine. It is enough to pay attention to the nature of the damage strands. So, if not enough:
- Vitamins of group B, then you can notice the deterioration of the hair in general. When using products with these components in the composition can provide a beneficial effect on the roots of curls and improve metabolism.
- Biotin, the strands become very brittle and fall off at the slightest exertion (when picked up in a tight tail, during cosmetic procedures). This element is considered to be restorative, so it is important to maintain its presence in the body in normal quantities.
- Ascorbic acid, the hair will be dry and without shine. A sufficient amount of the element will lead to an improvement in blood circulation and the appearance of the hair, respectively.
- Folic acid then there will be a lot of split ends.
- Vitamin A, then the hair will slowly grow. The element influences the formation of healthy hair follicles.
That is why, judging by the reviews on the forums and the advice of doctors, the products whose composition is rich in the above vitamins can help from falling out. Enough to enter them into your diet in large quantities. This is one of the simplest methods of dealing with a problem, but it helps only at the initial stage.
Possible harm and contraindications of folk remedies
Possible harm and contraindications of folk remedies still exist, namely:
- individual intolerance to a specific component of the composition;
- individual odor intolerance (a rare, but still common phenomenon);
- a recent stroke or heart attack (you cannot use a number of components, including esters of pine and basil);
- children up to six years;
- pregnancy and the postpartum period (in particular, some essential oils and fruits cannot be).
Folk remedies: decoctions and tinctures from the loss of curls
Such folk remedies as decoctions and tinctures from the loss of curls are considered the traditional method of treatment. It is important to understand that in the presence of a serious disease, herbal decoction will not help.
Herbal medicine has long been considered one of the main procedures for treating hair problems. Allocate a huge number of different decoctions:
- Nettle You need to collect young nettles (before flowering), chop the leaves and pour boiling water. Next, the composition should be allowed to infuse for six hours. The result will be strengthening the hair roots, restoring shine and strength, active struggle with dandruff.
- From burdock roots. It is necessary to take one-third cup of the roots in a crushed form and pour hot water in the amount of one and a half liters. Next, the composition should be boiled for about 10 minutes. The resulting composition can be rinsed curls after each wash, gently rubbing the product into the scalp with massage movements.
- From coltsfoot. You will need dried leaves, which should be poured with boiling water and let the composition infuse for at least two hours. Then the infusion is applied as an ordinary rinse aid.
- From hop cones. The proportion with water is 1 to 10, respectively. The product must be poured boiling water and insist on for a day. After this time, the infusion is ready. It can be used as a conditioner, rubbing into the scalp for a better result.
- Chamomile. Dried or fresh chamomile flowers are poured with water, brought to a boil and boiled for 2-3 minutes. After cooling, you can use ready-made decoction. By the way, he lightens hair a little.
- From dandelion roots, nettle leaves and burdock roots. It is necessary to mix the components in equal quantities, pour boiling water and let it brew for 2-3 hours. Use the composition should be daily rubbing into the scalp. The result will be not only slowing hair loss, but also the fight against seborrhea and oily skin.
- From hop, burdock and calamus roots. You need to mix a handful of hop cones with two tablespoons of the roots of each plant. They are poured with a liter of water and boiled for five minutes. The composition stops hair loss and accelerates hair growth. Use the decoction should be three times a week.
- From yarrow. You should take three tablespoons of dry grass, pour a glass of boiling water and wait for cooling. It is used as a conditioner, helping to fight the loss and strengthen curls.
- From calendula, hop cones, burdock root. Ingredients must be taken in a ratio of 1 to 2 to 3, respectively. They are poured boiling water, allowed to cool and filtered. To use such a rinse need after each shampooing.
- From lovage and nettle. It is enough to make a lovage infusion (two or three spoons of grass will be needed for two cups of boiling water) and nettle infusion (above it). Both formulations are mixed and used as a rinse.
Worth knowing! Broths help to overcome hair loss within two months. If during this time you have not noticed any positive results, contact a specialist for help, as the problem may be more serious than you thought.
In general, the most popular herbs to create decoctions are coltsfoot, linden blossoms, chamomile, nettle, calendula, calamus root, plantain, sage, hops (cones), calendula. They contain camphor extracts, vitamins A, E, B, K, magnesium, calcium, tannins, starch and iron, which are necessary for hair strengthening and growth. All these plants can be used in a standalone form or combined with each other. In both cases, the result will not take long with regular use.
Carefully watch the dosage and follow it exactly. Over-saturation with specific components can lead to side effects, including nausea, pain and vomiting. And also pay attention to whether there is an allergy to a specific herb. The use of decoctions is not recommended for small children, pregnant, lactating and women after childbirth. In these cases, it is important to consult a specialist.
Tip! Use only herbs that you are sure of. These include plants collected in the forest zone with their own hands or purchased at a pharmacy. You should not use herbs that were collected near the roads, factories, industrial organizations. They will not benefit the body.
All decoctions are made from simple and affordable components. They are quite effective with regular use. But keep in mind that there are still contraindications. Herbal medicine gives more cosmetic effect, therefore, if there are serious internal problems, it will not give a long-term result.
Alcohol tinctures to strengthen the strands are used no less rarely than decoctions. Especially popular tincture created from red pepper, which allows you to achieve quick results. Hot pepper can have a beneficial effect on curls, ensuring their growth, «awakening» the hair follicles, stopping the loss, normalizing the functioning of the sebaceous glands.
Keep in mind that the product is applied with gloves directly to the hair roots. In combing curls do not need. The scalp should be dry, without any damage, injuries, wounds. It is forbidden to use the product in case of excessively dry and sensitive scalp, as pepper tincture will irritate the epidermis. The total time of the procedure should not exceed 20 minutes, so as not to harm the hair. Apply tincture of red pepper should be twice a week, not more often, and the duration of application may be 2-2.5 months, then a break is taken.
Tincture of red pepper can be purchased at the pharmacy. Its price is low. And you can do at home. You will need hot pepper. It should be cut into medium-sized pieces, put in a suitable container and pour with vodka. The composition should be infused in a dark and cool place for 6-7 days, and then can be used. Remember that before use you need to dilute with water in a ratio of 1 to 4, respectively.
Worth knowing! People who suffer from diseases of the digestive or cardiac system, deprived of scale, can not apply the tincture of red pepper, as it will bring only harm.
Homemade masks recipes are shown in the table. All of them will help in the fight against hair loss, especially when passing the course and its timely repetition.