Callus — how to quickly get rid or cure
Water corn — it is a corn with a clear liquid inside. It gives a lot of inconvenience to its owner. A wet callus, or dropsy (as it is often called by the people), can appear anywhere, but most often it can be seen on:
The main reason for the occurrence of this unpleasant phenomenon is damage to the skin area, which appears as a result of friction with shoes, clothing or objects. Also provoke the appearance of weeping corns, some types of work. At risk are welders, cooks, long-distance drivers, porters and other people whose professional activities are associated with uneven loads on one part of the body. The problem of wet corns is not alien to sportsmen and musicians.
It also happens that wet corns appear in the intimate zone, as well as near the nipples, in the mouth and on the lips. Genital infection, trauma, vaginitis, candidiasis, or even an allergy to latex or lubricants may precede the appearance of corns with filling on the genital lips or penis.
In nursing mothers, wet corns are the consequences of improper application of the child to the breast or appear due to insufficient lactation, when the child tries to stretch the milk with diligence. In infants and older children, wet blisters can appear on the lips and tongue. This is due to the wrong position when sucking a breast or a pacifier. In adults, dropsy on the lip may indicate the presence of herpetic lesions of the mucous membrane, as well as being a manifestation of lip cancer.
This article is dedicated to the treatment of water callus and its harm. After reading it, the occurrence of dropsy will no longer scare, and coordinated measures will help get rid of trouble without panic.
If you do not treat water callus, then over time it will burst, and infection will penetrate through the hole in the skin. With a weak immunity in humans, pathogens will cause suppuration. This can not only develop the body’s response in the form of an increase in body temperature, hyperemia at the site of infection, edema, but also a worsening of the general condition.
At risk of complications after a spontaneous break of dropsy are:
- diabetics regardless of the type of disease;
- HIV-infected people;
- people with an imaginary and confirmed oncostatus.
Healthy people can suffer from running wet corn. People who work in agriculture and animal husbandry, miners, as well as working in other dust-related industries have a particular risk of infection. The risk of infecting a place of dropsy is also among children who still do not understand responsibility for their health.
Failure to take action can lead to necrosis of nearby tissues and germination of inflammation deep into the body. In this case, surgical intervention and long-term antibiotic treatment may be necessary.
In most cases, water calluses can be disposed of at home. To do this, do not need complex drugs, devices and knowledge of anatomy. But before proceeding with the treatment, you should once and for all give yourself an answer to the question of whether it is possible and worth it to pierce a wet callus, or whether it is necessary to take measures to prevent damage to the tissue? The answers to these questions depend on the size of the corns and the location of the unpleasant phenomenon.
If the dropsy is small in size, besides it is on the mucous or genital organs, then it is not worth piercing it. Why?
- First, it dies itself, if you do not allow re-friction and pressure on the affected area of the body.
- Secondly, if it is not possible to stick a bactericidal plaster or treat it with any substance that is active against microbes and bacteria, then an infection can be carried out, which can then be treated much more difficult than to endure the dropsy itself.
- Thirdly, because a small, untouched wet callus will heal much faster than the one opened by mechanical means.
Eliminate a large size water callus can be yourself. But for this you should prepare the necessary tools and tools, as well as adhere to the recommendations. It is important to do the operation in the first days after the occurrence, because after a longer time, the skin inside the corn begins to soak, and then it can be much easier to infect the area.
Before proceeding with the elimination of large corn, you should have at hand:
- hydrogen peroxide or chlorhexidine;
- sterile dressing and adhesive tape or a ready-made bactericidal plaster;
- fine needle;
- cotton wool or cotton discs.
You may also need medications, such as Levomikol ointment or simpler formulations — liniment of synthomycin or salicylic cream 10%. As an alternative to these tools you can use:
- Balsam «Rescuer»;
- tea tree essential oil;
- cream «Boro Plus».
The preparations of the “Golden Us” and “Healer” series will also help, the action of which is aimed at combating wet corns and their consequences.
Before the procedure of opening the site of the corns and hands should be washed with soap and wipe dry with a clean towel.
The procedure for the puncture of corn with water content is as follows:
- Sterilize over the fire or soak a fine needle in alcohol for five minutes.
- Clean the cotton wool with alcohol with clean hands and treat the skin area filled with water with a substance.
- Pierce the corn with a needle, while the latter should be kept parallel to the body, and not perpendicular to the corn. If the dropsy is very large, then you need to make punctures from all sides. The person will not feel pain, as the skin is already inanimate.
- Gently press with your finger on the raised skin, and then squeeze the liquid, bringing it into the holes.
- Collect water with sterile dry cotton wool.
- Treat the puncture sites and the area around them with alcohol or hydrogen peroxide.
- Apply a sterile dressing, in the role of which the usual bactericidal plaster can act. In the event that inflammation of the nearby tissues has developed, then a sterile gauze bandage should be applied to the place of the puncture of the corn with medical softening skin applied with ointments or creams..
When opening the corns, do not use nail scissors, tweezers or cuticle forceps. A usual tailor’s pin or a medical needle with a syringe is sufficient (preferably, since it is definitely sterile!). Cut the skin, dead during the swelling of the corn, you can not! It must be left in place. Already on the third day, this area will exfoliate on its own, and under it will form a very gentle, very sensitive to touch, but living, breathing skin.
After the swollen skin dries and rises, it will need to be carefully removed. Dry places around the water callus should be treated with a nourishing cream for another three days.
Warnings and recommendations apply to people in a non-standard situation. That is why you need to know and unconditionally fulfill the following requirements.
- In no case can not open dropsy in conditions where you can bring an additional infection.
- If it happened that the blister burst by itself, then immediately it is necessary to take measures to prevent dirt and pathogenic microparticles from getting inside the wound that appeared. To do this, disinfect the area and apply a bandage with a local drug or use a medical bactericidal plaster.
Special attention should be paid to the fact that for the help of a specialist you need to contact:
- people at risk;
- if the corn has a large area;
- in the case when the dropsy came out on its own, and in its place a purulent infiltrate or visible inflammation formed.
You should always remember that the wrong treatment is sometimes worse than his absence. Therefore, before you begin to eliminate seemingly simple skin problems, you should evaluate all the risks from holding the event at home.
The best way to prevent the formation of calluses on the legs, feet, fingers and ankles is the correct selection of shoes.
Wearing model shoes with heels, too thick new or old products, and even barefoot, is a direct path to the formation of wet corns, and subsequently hard corns. Artificial leather, the sweat-hardened fabric of old shoes can not only cause unpleasant diaper rash and then watery, but also cause fungal infection.
That is why shoes should be selected in size, give preference to natural breathable materials, and also use means for correcting shoes in size (foam stretchers, hot air and other methods that can fit the product to the foot). Also, the appearance of wet corns can be avoided with the help of regular hygienic procedures, because it has long been noticed that even in narrow and new shoes one can avoid the formation of water bodies if the feet are dry and clean. Daily change of socks and hygiene procedures can be ineffective if the socks themselves are synthetic.
Calluses on the hands, palms and fingers, as well as elbows can be avoided by distributing the load on these parts of the body. Weightlifting athletes are advised to use magnesia powder. People who carry loads and for a long time working with objects rubbing the skin (steering wheel, shoulder straps, or garden tools) often wash their hands and clean the place with talcum powder or nourishing cream. Will help to avoid the formation of water bottles and protective gloves that will reduce the impact on the palm.
We hope that the article you read was useful, and in it you were able to find answers to questions relating to the fight against dropsy and methods for the prevention of wet corns.