The best and effective methods of hair removal (shugaring, laser, wax, phyto resin, cream) — the pros and cons of procedures
There are many types of hair removal, thanks to which you can quickly and easily remove hair. Some of these species are completely painless, and some require pain relief. In our article, we invite you to learn about this epilation, as well as to consider its pros and cons.
Presently laser hair removal It is considered one of the most modern and best ways to remove hair, if not forever, then for a very long time, in just a few years. This method of hardware depilation is suitable for the destruction of hair on the legs, hands, face, in the bikini area, as well as on any other skin area.
In order for laser hair removal to be effective, it is necessary to have a hair length of at least four millimeters, since otherwise the laser will not be able to affect the structure of the hair.
For girls who have a high pain threshold, this procedure will be virtually painless. However, if you are sensitive to pain, then the surface of the skin, where laser hair removal is performed, is treated with anesthetic cream. The procedure itself is very simple: the beautician is armed with a special device and treats them with the necessary skin surface, which requires epilation. After the procedure, it is imperative to apply a cream to the treated surface, which will prevent skin irritation.
Among other things, there are several types of lasers for hair removal:
These types of lasers differ in the length of the light wave, which affects the efficiency and speed of the hair removal procedure.
It is advisable to get acquainted with the pros and cons of this method before you decide on such a procedure in the cabin.
- relative painlessness of the whole process;
- there will be no marks, scars or irritation on the skin;
- after several courses of laser hair removal, hair growth stops for a long time, mostly from two to six years, and in rare cases forever;
- The process of hair removal with a laser does not last long: from five minutes to an hour, depending on the area of the skin on which you want to remove hair.
- hair on the body should have a black or dark color, so that the effect of laser hair removal is longer;
- The cost of laser hair removal is quite high due to the effectiveness of this procedure.
Shugaring or, as it is also called, sugar removal — This is a process in which hair is removed from the skin through exposure to a sticky sugar mass. This procedure you can easily perform at home, without spending money on expensive salons.
It is very simple to prepare a mixture for shugaring: it is necessary to mix freshly squeezed lemon juice with a large spoonful of warm water, add ten tablespoons of sugar there and put the ingredients into a cast iron skillet, putting it on fire. When the mass is melted and becomes light brown, it is necessary to leave it to cool.
This method of hair removal is used to destroy the hair on the face, in the intimate area, on the hands or feet. It is easy to do this at home, however, you should be aware that the size of the hair should not be less than three or more than six millimeters, otherwise sugar paste simply cannot capture the hairs.
The epilation process itself looks like this: with a special spatula it is necessary to apply a mixture for shugaring on the skin, stick a strip of thick fabric on top. When the sugar mass hardens, you should pull the fabric against the growth of hair, and then rinse the skin with warm water and smear with nourishing cream.
Epilation with sugar also has a number of pros and cons, which is important to know before doing this epilation yourself.
- cheap method of hair removal;
- hair begins to grow only after twenty days;
- This hair removal is very easy to carry out for yourself;
- sugar hair removal also acts as a peeling.
- hair removal sugar is one of the most painful;
- improperly prepared mass for shugaring may not capture all the hairs, so the result will be unsatisfactory.
Waxing — This is one of the best methods of depilation. This method of getting rid of hair is very simple, and such hair removal is carried out similarly to shugaring, only in this case you do not need to prepare the mixture yourself.
Most often, the wax is heated to the required temperature, applied to the skin, then the fabric is placed on top, and when the wax hardens, the fabric should be removed with a jerk against the direction of hair growth. After this procedure, the first hairs begin to grow only after three weeks.
The wax can be hot, warm or cold. At the same time hot waxing is most effective and painless. Warm wax will suit any woman, but its price is much higher.
Waxing has its advantages and disadvantages, which we suggest you read in our table.
- speed of the process;
- hair after waxing begins to grow only after two or three weeks and becomes thinner;
- such hair removal is very easy to do at home;
- no need to prepare the mixture;
- skin after waxing becomes smooth.
- waxing is quite painful;
- wax must be bought in the store, which implies small costs;
- during pregnancy, varicose veins and skin diseases such epilation is impossible.
Today, phyto-resin hair removal is less popular, however, this method is clearly undervalued. This method of hair removal allows you to remove hair without the appearance of irritation. Best of all, this method is suitable for epilation of the bikini area, as there is very delicate skin.
Depilation with phyto-resin can be of two types: manual and cassette. Manual epilation is used to remove hair in the bikini, armpits or face area. A fitosmola in cassettes is better suited for epilating a large area, that is, hands or feet. Both of these types you can freely use for hair removal at home.
Before starting the procedure, it is necessary to take a small piece of the total weight of phyto resin and crush it in your hands so that it becomes more elastic and soft. After that, it must be applied to the skin against hair growth, and after a minute — sharply removed in the same direction. One piece of phyto resin can be used until it loses elasticity. This is a feature of phyto-resin, but it also has both advantages and disadvantages.
- lack of irritation;
- relatively cheap cost;
- long-term effect;
- simplicity of the process.
- possibility of ingrown hairs.
Hair epilation cream is considered the most affordable way to destroy hair. Nowadays there is a very large selection of various creams and gels in stores, but the principle of their action is the same: penetrating into the hair structure, the cream destroys keratin, due to which the hairs weaken and are easy to remove. This should be done with a scraper, which is often included in the set with the cream.
There is a cream for different zones of depilation, therefore, be careful about his choice. For example, a depilatory cream for legs is not suitable for removing hair in the bikini zone. Among other things, this method of hair removal has both advantages and disadvantages.
- simplicity of the process;
- small amount of time and money;
- the ability to remove hair anywhere on the body.
- fragility. Hair after epilation cream grow in a week.
At the moment, such methods of hair removal are the most effective. If you do not know which of them to give preference, we advise you to read the reviews. They will help you determine and make the process of hair removal the most effective.