Dry skin of the body — signs and causes of the problem; means for its solution (vitamins, oils and other substances and means)
Dry skin of the body can bring a lot of trouble to its owner. With insufficient moisture and imbalance of the sebaceous glands, there are irregularities in the retention of fluid inside the skin. Natural oily substances are not able to create a barrier. As a result, elasticity is lost, microcracks and peeling appear.
The first signs of dry skin can be called such indicators:
- hardened appearance;
- the appearance of red spots;
- noticeable tension and enlarged pores;
- strong after washing;
- itching sensation.
Moreover, these indicators can significantly increase with age, because all natural processes slow down a lot. Therefore, dry skin after 50 years is a very frequent occurrence. Due to the excessive accumulation of dead cells, wrinkles become more and more noticeable and mimic lines are expressed more vividly.
However, not only the natural processes in the body can lead to excessive dry skin. Such a phenomenon is often the result of poor lifestyle and negative environmental influences. For example, the following causes lead to insufficient moisture:
- the use of cosmetics that do not fit your type or low-quality products;
- exposure to sunlight, cold and wind;
- negative indoor climate caused by the operation of air conditioners or centralized heating;
- allergic reactions and some inflammatory skin diseases;
- the action of aggressive hygiene products — soap, laundry detergents, liquids for cleaning and washing dishes;
- genetic predisposition;
- smoking, drinking alcohol and large amounts of sweets;
- lack of vitamins and beneficial elements in the body;
- medication for diabetes, thyroid disorders;
- the presence in the body of parasites that «eat» all the important substances in the body;
- a sign of skin diseases, such as atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, or eczema.
Of course, dry skin even has some advantages, like a matte shade without oily sheen, small, inconspicuous pores, a delicate thin “porcelain” look. However, she still needs to pay close attention.
Accordingly, in order to preserve the normal state of the skin, it is necessary to constantly monitor it so that it is moisturized and, if possible, avoid the above-mentioned reasons leading to drying of the skin. If the situation is allowed to take its course, the results can lead to serious diseases and problems — the appearance of rashes, ulcers, inflammations, bleeding cracks, cases of dermatitis are not uncommon. Moreover, with age, all these problems are significantly aggravated, superimposed on each other.
Cosmetic preparations for the care of problematic dry skin are created taking into account the existing features. For daily procedures, cosmetics complexes have been developed that will provide complete cleansing, moisturizing, nutrition and protection from exposure to the external environment. Of course, the best solution would be to consult with a specialist dermatologist, who will be able to choose the right tools that will carefully care for the capricious skin. It is much more pleasant to look like a fresh, tender peach, rather than dried dried apricots.
A huge role in creating and maintaining an attractive image is played by daily care, and it is necessary to begin these procedures at a fairly young age. Although of course, eighteen-year-old beauties simply enjoy the porcelain skin and gentle tone, without even thinking about wrinkles. But still it is not necessary to delay, so that later you do not have to resort to drastic measures.
To choose the best cosmetics for the care of sensitive overdried skin, you will have to delve a little into the terminology and find out which substances have the best effect on it:
- amino acids, unsaturated fatty acids;
- lactic acid;
- sodium salt and minerals;
- lipids — triglycerides, phospholipids, ceramides, nicotinamide.
Famous and widely advertised glycerin, hyaluronic acid, pectins and in truth create a protective film on the skin surface, however, at low humidity in the environment or in cold weather, they begin to absorb moisture from the skin, compensating for its lack in its structure. Accordingly, the dryness of the stratum corneum is further enhanced.
Every morning you should start with a light remedy based on decoctions and extracts of herbs, it is desirable to avoid a high content of alcohol in its composition. After that, use a tonic to bring the skin in a «vigorous» state and apply a moisturizer that allows you to saturate the skin with water and beneficial substances. It is advisable to choose a tool with the content of light filters, especially if you have to spend a lot of time on the street.
During the day, various thermal waters in the form of sprays will be very useful, which will greatly help to restore the fluid balance. Mineral water will come to help them — it needs to be drunk about 2 liters per day in order to influence the skin condition from the inside.
After a long day of work, you need to wash off all cosmetics with milk and rid the skin of impurities. Night cream should nourish the skin to the maximum, however, if you feel that it is too dry, then you can use special hydrogels before the cream.
Periodically, you can pamper yourself with special masks with beeswax, extracts from citrus or with the addition of cocoa butter, which perfectly nourish the skin. Sometimes it is necessary to carry out a peeling procedure for dry skin. Perhaps, at first glance, it may seem extremely aggressive for sensitive skin, but it also, like everyone else, needs to exfoliate dead and horny cells. It will be enough that the peeling particles gently and delicately remove the «waste», and the oils in the composition (almond, shea, wheat germ) nourish the skin with additional nutrients. But it is not recommended to carry out such procedures more than once every two weeks.
In addition, all dry-type cosmetics should contain antioxidants that can activate its protective functions from adverse environmental influences.
But not only dry skin can cause us trouble. This problem is considered urgent only because it is the most obvious. However, there are a number of other points that need attention and care.
Beauticians have developed a number of tools that easily cope with the problem, thanks to an integrated approach — they activate the sebaceous glands, regenerate cells. To do this, you can use special emulsions, masks, shampoos for dry hair. And also, as rarely as possible to use a hairdryer with a hot stream of air.
- rough rough skin;
- the appearance of cracks and burrs;
- skin tightness.
Scrubs and exfoliating masks, which are produced in a wide variety by specialized manufacturers, will save skin from peeling and roughening. And for daily care it is imperative to use creams with moisturizing ingredients that will protect dry skin of the hands in any weather.
From the cracks will save cream with soothing and healing additives like panthenol and aloe.
In addition, you must wipe your hands thoroughly after washing, avoid drying with hair dryers.
- thin skin;
- cracks and wounds;
- peeling and crusting
The problem can be aggravated by possible infection with viral diseases like herpes or a fungus.
Be sure to apply a protective balm or hygienic lipstick before going out, take vitamins, do not lick your lips.
Cosmetics will have the maximum effect if you support their action from the inside, with the help of a balanced diet and the correct daily regimen. Your skin will delight you with its magnificent radiance.
Also, it will be useful professional salon procedures dry skin care:
- mesotherapy, in the process of which hyaluronic acid is used;
- acid peeling, allowing more active to carry out active substances;
- hardware peeling;
- comprehensive programs for intensive hydration after aggressive effects, such as a course of treatment with antibiotics.
Specialists will be able to choose for you the best option for restoring and caring for sensitive sensitive skin, combining soft and effective means.
What vitamins are needed to nourish dry skin?
To restore dry skin, it is imperative to choose the optimal vitamin complex. After all, the lack of nutrients (vitamin deficiency) causes disruptions of moisture at the cellular level.
It is difficult to talk about any special vitamins for the skin, because its condition is often caused by all the processes occurring in the body. In addition, it is strongly influenced by the environment — cold, heat, wind, dust, dirt, mechanical damage, which only strong and elastic fabric can withstand. Therefore, a balanced complex is needed, performing a wide variety of functions. So, what vitamins are needed to maintain the skin in a healthy state?
- Vitamin A is one of the most important substances for nourishing and moisturizing the skin. Often it is the lack of it that causes dry skin due to reduced sebum production. Retinol (A) is a very strong antioxidant that allows you to form new and update existing cells in the correct form. You can get it by eating carrots, apricots, milk, cheese and other products.
- B vitamins are essential substances for hair and skin, the lack of which can lead to the most negative consequences such as cracking, itching, flaking, and also accelerating age-related changes. Large quantities are found in fruits, whole grains, legumes, meat, and brewer’s yeast.
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) — an activator of collagen production, a strong antioxidant, a blood circulation stimulator, thanks to which your skin will find young elasticity and a natural blush. With a sufficient amount of this vitamin, you will forget about the dull tone and dryness, it may well be provided by citrus fruits, bell peppers, tomatoes, and kiwi with a regular presence in your diet.
- Vitamin E (tocopherol) is an unchanged component of all moisturizing creams, because It is an effective skin protection against harmful effects. Also, tocopherol promotes skin regeneration, significantly smoothing scars and scars. A large amount of vitamin A is found in beans, nuts, green vegetables and wheat germ oil.
You can get the vitamins necessary for dry skin in several ways — a balanced diet, the use of synthesized substances in the form of drugs, as well as the use of rich cosmetics — masks, creams, gels. It would be best to combine these methods, but preferably after a recommendation with a specialist.
It is possible to make fortified masks at home, it is enough to purchase oil solutions of substances in the pharmacy, you can also get cosmetic clay, which is a sure ally in the fight for beauty. To begin with, it is necessary to thoroughly clean the surface of the skin and apply a fortified mixture on it. After waiting some time, rinse with warm water. Apply a nourishing cream for deep moisturizing and nutrition. Such a mask will cleanse the skin from the cornified particles and saturate it with vital substances. To soften dry skin on the elbows, hands, you can add olive oil, for the eyelids and under the eyes — shea butter or avocado.
You can use a very simple recipe — add a couple of drops of vitamins A and E to your favorite cream. Use it for daily care — the shining result will be “on the face”.
The effect of vegetable oils on dry skin can be compared to a cold mountain spring in hot weather. Virtually all types of these substances can provide significant assistance in the care of the problematic type. The most common (and proven) are such oils:
- Olive oil — a source of useful vitamins, elements, fatty acids and proteins;
- grape seed oil — light texture allows it to be easily absorbed into the skin without oily sheen;
- Aloe Vera is a gel-like substance with strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, treats chronic skin diseases (eczema and psoriasis);
- Jojoba — a substance with a texture resembles liquefied wax, which perfectly moisturizes and treats acne.
These vegetable oils are basic — they can be supplemented with essential oily substances to enhance the effect in the care of dried skin:
- lavender — antiseptic properties of mild action, creates useful combinations with geraniums and chamomile;
- chamomile — antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities, saving almost instantly from itching and irritation, can be used in combination with rose, bergamot and tea tree oil;
- Ylang Ylang oil — stimulates the production of natural fatty secretions and has a soothing effect on inflamed dry skin, combined with sandalwood, lavender and bergamot;
- carrot seed oil — a real storehouse of vitamin A, beta-carotene and carotol, which stimulate cell regeneration, leads to a natural balance of dry and oily areas of the skin, because of its high cost, it is used as an additive to vegetable oils;
- Sandalwood oil is a very expensive and equally useful substance for dry, dehydrated skin, works well in combination with vegetable castor and essential oils of incense, geranium, jasmine, citrus;
- Geranium — gently and effectively cares for the skin, stimulating the production of natural fats, can be used together with rosemary, jasmine.
We offer you several proven recipes, with which you can “enrich” your usual cosmetic products for the care with just a few drops of aromatic extracts.