Calorie content: 111 kcal.
Energy value of boiled lentils:
Protein: 7.8 g.
Fat: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 20 g.
Cooked lentils (see photo) is a very popular product in most countries of the world, because it has a very high nutritional value and contains components useful for the body. Lentils belong to the annual plants, which belong to the legume family. Asia is considered the birthplace of the legume plant. In Russia, this product was introduced only in the fifteenth century.
Lentils were known in the days of the Egyptian pharaohs. During the Second World War, it was introduced into the diet of the US military, because it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals, and it is not very expensive.
There are several varieties of lentils, which differ in taste and aromatic qualities:
Due to the high nutritional value of lentils can be used instead of meat and bakery products. Cooking time of such a legume product is significantly less than that of peas and beans.
The composition of lentils boiled includes many useful substances for the body:
- B vitamins;
- minerals (iron, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, iodine, manganese, magnesium);
- vegetable proteins, fats, carbohydrates.
The calorie content of boiled water lentils is significantly less than that of a raw product. It should also be borne in mind that boiled green lentils contain more calories than red, so for a diet it is better to choose red lentil seeds. It is good not only for the content of a small dose of calories, but also for the glycemic index.
The beneficial properties of boiled lentils have a beneficial effect on the body, strengthening health and improving well-being.
Since it contains many nutrients, it is used for:
- normalization of the internal organs (stomach and intestines);
- normalization of the central nervous system;
- lowering blood sugar levels;
- gastritis prevention;
- cancer prevention;
- strengthen the immune system;
- improve cardiovascular activity.
Boiled lentils can be consumed by lactating mothers, but only in limited quantities, so as not to cause intestinal upset in a child. Doctors recommend introducing the product into the mother’s diet three months after delivery. To do this, you must first try to eat lentils without grains. If the baby feels good for two days, then you can eat boiled lentil porridge (in the amount of ten grains). If the child has no allergic reaction to the new product, then you can increase the volume of porridge to twenty grains. When the condition of the baby deteriorates, lentils should be excluded from the diet.
Along with the benefits of this product may be harmful to health. It is not recommended to use it when:
- increased gas formation in the intestines;
- gout, rheumatism, diathesis.
As you can see, boiled lentil grains should be consumed in moderation so as not to harm health, and then go to the doctor for the appointment of treatment.
You can cook a lot of various tasty dishes from boiled lentils. Each variety is used differently, so there are a lot of recipes with boiled lentils.
Basically, this product is prepared with vegetables and meat products, as well as used to create desserts and sauces.
Many cooks with lentils cook such dishes:
- goulash based on boiled potatoes and lentils;
- vegetable salad with boiled bean seeds;
- rice with a side dish of lentils;
- salad with dried apricots;
- soup with mushrooms, cream soup.
Boiled brown lentils are used to prepare dietary hot dishes (soups), as well as casseroles. Red lentils are great not only for boiling porridge, but also for cooking soup-mashed potatoes. Boiled green lentils are added to various vegetable salads, and also used for cooking side dishes for various cereals. Brown lentil goes well with hot dishes, light salads and second courses. Each lentil variety has a slight nutty flavor, as well as an excellent smell., that will give any finished product a great aroma and amazing taste.
To cook lentils correctly, you need to know a few simple rules that will help you easily prepare a product:
- One kilogram of raw lentils must first be thoroughly rinsed under water. Then put in a container, covered with enamel, pour three liters of water and put to boil.
- During cooking, you can add various spices (rosemary, celery, sage) to improve the taste and aroma. It is necessary to salt a product only before the readiness.
- Each type of lentil has its own cooking time. Red is prepared in fifteen minutes. Green prepares much longer. For its preparation will take about forty minutes. Brown and brown lentils are cooked for about thirty minutes.
- After the lentils are cooked, you need to drain the water, and put the ready grains in a plate for further preparation of different dishes with them.
- The boiled product is stored in the refrigerator in a closed container for no more than five days.