How to choose contact lenses for vision and decorative colored lenses?
Contact lenses for eyes In recent years, it has become increasingly popular, which is primarily due to the general level of visual impairment. Computers, poor ecology, unhealthy diet, and poor lifestyle lead to the number of «glasses» increasing. However, this insulting nickname today is becoming increasingly nominal, because the contact lenses successfully perform the function of correcting vision today.
For the first time the idea of such a device appeared in the beginning of the 16th century with the brilliant Leonardo da Vinci — his own hand-sketched device was found, which is inserted directly into the eye. The idea was fully developed and significantly improved in the middle of the 20th century, with the advent of the latest synthetic polymers. By the way, one of them is still used for the production of soft contact lenses.
Until now, there are disputes about the need to replace the classic, albeit made by modern technology, glasses on lenses for vision correction. But those who have already taken advantage of this device can list the whole list of its benefits:
- full high-quality vision correction, without distortion;
- a large overview of visibility — in order to see objects from the side or top, you only need to squint, and not turn your head;
- a sharp change in temperature has absolutely no effect on visibility;
- lenses do not fall out even on the most dizzying rides;
- availability of any kind of sports and entertainment, watching 3D movies without the presence of discomfort.
So, the advantages are more than enough, the lenses return the person to a full-fledged lifestyle, eliminating a number of eye problems. These include myopia, farsightedness, astigmatism of any degree, a great difference in the sharpness of vision in both eyes, the absence of a lens due to various reasons, and so on. With their help, you can easily change the color of the pupil to the desired one, for which it is enough to purchase several sets of lenses.
Of course, there may be contraindications, because the use of lenses intrudes into quite delicate and highly sensitive areas. However, such disadvantages occur most often due to improperly selected devices or due to personal intolerance and high sensitivity of the cornea. But according to statistics, such a disadvantage is rare, so it is still worth trying to enjoy the freedom and all the colors of the world.
To choose the right lenses for the eyes, first of all you need to decide on the parameters of wearing that suit you. Today, manufacturers can offer a lot of options. How to understand such abundance? First you should familiarize yourself with the varieties of materials from which they are made:
- Hard — designed for the correction of a high degree of astigmatism, appointed only by the attending physician. Enough discomfort and less convenient, therefore, in the absence of a specialist’s recommendation, it is better not to stop your choice on them.
- Soft — make of hydrogel materials, which makes their use quite short-term (up to 12 hours) due to the low degree of oxygen permeability. But the advantage of this material is hypoallergenic and high moisture content for greater comfort.
- Silicone-hydrogel — refer to soft lenses, but have a large number of advantages, which can be attributed to a separate variety. They can be worn for a long time. Silicone content allows to avoid corneal hypoxia (oxygen starvation). But such products should be avoided by people with silicone intolerance. Also, such products require fairly expensive care products due to the formation of lipid deposits on the surface.
Only a competent ophthalmologist will help you choose contact lenses. Self-activity in this matter is not welcome, even if you select one-day color models for an event.
To select contact lenses, a comprehensive examination is carried out with checking visual acuity and the individual structure of the eye. In addition, the radius of curvature of the lenses is important, which must be chosen in accordance with the curvature of the cornea itself.
In order to pick up the lenses for the eyes, you must also consider the safety factor. Due to improperly selected parameters, discomfort may arise and microbes may accumulate, leading to inflammatory processes and various complications. The best option would be one-day products, but most often the financial issue comes to the fore.
In this regard, the lenses are divided into products planned and long-wearing. For their disinfection used a special solution. However, they have their own reserve, so a replacement will be required after a certain period of time.
Selection is carried out by a specialist empirically to check the fit on the eye, the mobility of the eyeball and the patient’s sensations. Also be sure to instruct on the use, dressing and removal of lenses.
Many fear painful feelings during the initial selection, or there may be a psychological fear of “pokapobiya” that someone will touch their eyes. However, such fears are quickly dispelled, especially when the patient is aware of all the advantages of his new position.
Lenses for eyes can serve not only to correct vision deficiencies, but can also have a decorative function. It would seem that nature already from the moment of birth determines the color of our eyes and we have all our lives to be content with what we received. However, change the colors to more attractive ones, possibly using colored contact lenses.
How to choose colored lenses? This question requires a careful approach to its decision. Perhaps you need to diversify your appearance with an unusual detail for a theme party, or you want to change or emphasize your natural shade along with correcting visual impairments.
There are several types of accessories for changing eye color:
- Tint — transparent products that can slightly change the color of the eyes, emphasizing their beauty. Suitable only for light shades of eyes.
- Cosmetic — allow you to make dramatic changes in the process of repainting the eyes, thanks to the opaque structure. Even «black eyes» will become sky blue or magical emerald green.
- Decorative — products for shocking. With their help, you can give an unusual shape to the pupil or put some thematic drawing instead.
Although the defiant appearance can be created without special decorative lenses. All creatures of nature are usually very organic and your natural color is not given in vain. Drastic changes can lead to a loss of harmony and a certain unnatural image. Therefore, you should listen to the advice that will tell you how to change the color of the eyes without spoiling the attractiveness:
- Pay attention to your color type (winter, summer) and select accordingly cold or warm shades;
- It is very important to match with the usual makeup;
- lovers of natural colors can add zest with the help of tinted products with a variety of rims on the edge of the lens or on the iris.
Keep in mind that cosmetic and decorative opaque lenses quite noticeably limit light transmission, so they can distort the perceived information. In addition, they are exclusively the function of creating an attractive appearance without vision correction, because They are produced without diopters, but they also do not require special care.
Wearing a coloring lens can be called a tribute to fashion rather than a necessity. The dye in the lens will not harm, because Made from gopoallergennyh materials. But in any case, these products are a medical product, so take care of their own safety is worth.
When wearing colored lenses, as well as ordinary lenses, be sure to adhere to the terms of their action, in order to avoid the occurrence of all sorts of disorders.
Acquire them only at specialized points where a qualified in-house medical professional can consult you. This product, purchased on the Internet or in a typical non-specialized store, can cause significant harm to your health.
Discomfort from wearing lenses — the causes and ways to eliminate it
Wearing contact lenses can cause discomfort and inflammation. Often this is due to improper selection or hygienic care. In any case, it can not be ignored and be sure to respond when such symptoms occur:
- Redness, swelling of the eyes, increased tearing, soreness — most often caused by computer visual syndrome, with the result that, inflamed eyes can negatively perceive the presence of foreign objects — remove the lenses and be sure to consult with an ophthalmologist.
- Burning sensation — may be caused by micropollutions that get on the lenses from hands — wash your hands thoroughly before touching the contact products, and wipe them with a lint-free towel. You can also use one-day lenses that are simply thrown away after use.
- «A grain of sand in the eyes» — the result is the wrong size and radius of curvature, as well as lipid or protein layer, therefore it is strictly forbidden to exchange decorative items with friends and try to pick up another disinfectant solution, because it may be incompatible with your eyes.
- Dry eye syndrome — the use of alcohol, large amounts of caffeine and smoking lead to excessive removal of fluid from the body, including from the mucous membrane of the eyes — change the diet, drink plenty of water and use special dietary supplements. The same problem may occur when taking certain medications (antihistamines and blood pressure control) — ask your doctor to prescribe eye drops, in accordance with the type of lens chosen.
- Discomfort and tiredness at the end of the working day — most likely associated with the use of «non-breathing» corrective lenses, which can be changed only by appointment of an ophthalmologist. Also, the problem may arise when working in an environment of high dustiness or pollution. Get rid of dust particles under the lenses will help special lubricant drops
- Allergic reactions — appear as a result of your body’s response to the materials of the products or to the means with which these products are processed. The problem is solved by changing the lenses themselves or the solution to disinfect them, as well as the complex elimination of the effects of allergies.
In any case, consult a doctor who will help you choose the type of lenses that will not cause problems and complications with vision as a result of wearing.
There are a number of mistakes that you can make with the advent of your contact lenses. “Vertigo” from the newly opened colors of the world, a sense of freedom should not lead to problems, therefore pay attention to such nuances of wearing lenses and contraindications for wearing:
- complete refusal of glasses — lenses can be worn only for a definite amount of time, so periodically changing them for glasses will be useful for complete disinfection and rest of the eyes from a foreign object;
- the use of corrective vision devices in the presence of diseases such as keratitis, conjunctivitis, retinal dystrophy, as well as their use by people with mental illness and people working in polluted enterprises, often staying in areas of sudden temperature changes;
- wearing contact lenses for colds — it is necessary to temporarily abandon these accessories due to excessive contamination, so when you’ll need glasses were useful to you;
- long wearing — each type of lenses has strict limitations and recommendations on the terms of wearing, “brute force” almost always leads to problems of varying complexity from excessive tear production to disruption of the structure of the cornea and even vascular changes from oxygen starvation are possible;
- the use of decorative cosmetics — wearing lenses does not imply a complete rejection of cosmetics, but keep in mind that they can be the main source of germs;
- Replacing solutions with ordinary tap water — this exchange is completely unequal, water will not clean the lenses, but may additionally add its own microbes.
Cases are very rare, but they occur when the refusal of the use of devices is forced by the special structure of the fingertip. In the absence of adequate flexibility due to the wide joints, the dressing process can be a real torture.
Regularly visit the doctor, even without any “visible” reasons, he will monitor possible changes and will be able to replace contact lenses that are incorrect for your eyes in time. Then you can enjoy a free life, and your eyes will look very attractive.
Permanent makeup (cosmetic tattoo) eyebrows, eyes and lips
Linseed oil in traditional medicine and cosmetology
How to get rid of acne?
Homemade sugar lip scrub with your own hands