Bath with soda — what is useful, harm and effective recipes
Bath with soda is a cosmetic procedure that can not only cleanse the skin. In fact, there are many options for the use of this food product in cosmetology and traditional medicine. The procedures will be useful for all people, regardless of age and gender.
Many people know firsthand about the properties of the food product and the exceptional benefits of soda steam inhalation cough. It is also known to use the substance to soften water for baths before a manicure or pedicure. In fact, the procedures with sodium bicarbonate (as “officially” they call baking soda) are much more, and they can help in dealing with:
- overweight (promote fast weight loss);
- fungal infection (mycosis) of the skin of the feet (footbaths);
- dry and flaky skin on the elbows and knees;
- flabbiness of the skin;
- brittle nails and dry cuticle;
- rash of an allergic or other nature, accompanied by itching;
- eczema, dermatitis, oily seborrhea, or manifestations of psoriasis.
Therapeutic cosmetic effect is achieved by improving blood circulation and cleaning the lymphatic system, as well as the removal of toxins that can escape through the pores of the skin of the body.
The food product is used in pure form, and also components such as are added to water;
- sea or iodized salt;
- essential oils.
All of these substances can enhance the effect of soda baths, as well as improve metabolic processes in the body. It is important to be able to use the substance correctly.
In this section, you will find answers to questions regarding the proper use of soda for making baths. First of all, it should be noted that it is not necessary to increase the proportions, because for each type of procedure and recipe they are different.
Few know that pouring soda directly into the bath should not be. It is advisable to pour a concentrated solution into the container, and then stir it with the bulk. Often, when preparing baths, an alcoholic solution of iodine is used, and even despite the fact that only a few drops are added to the bath, it will be very difficult to wash off the bath walls. But this is if iodine drips directly into the water, and not onto the soda.
It is important to use boiling water, since only it can be used to extinguish soda. That is why initially all the ingredients are dissolved in a liter of water, and then the prepared solution is poured into the main container. An excellent option can be «bombs» of soda, salt and essential oils. Here you can put them right in the bath. Thanks to the technology of preparation in pharmaceutical plants whose profile is cosmetology, soda is treated and can dissolve completely in water at room temperature and not fall to the bottom of the bath.
In order to help the body cope with these problems, you need to know and be able to prepare solutions correctly. In addition, they must be the right concentration and temperature. Only in this case, bathing will benefit and the expected effect. Features and bathing rules are listed in the section.
- Bath should be taken only in a state of absolute physical health. Temperature, suspicion of respiratory illness, skin cracks or other conditions are contraindications to the procedure.
- Sit in the bath with soda, should be only to the waist, because deeper immersion and the desire to lie in soft, alkalized water can lead to heart problems.
- Before making cosmetic baths with the addition of soda should wash off sweat and dirt. It is not necessary to apply oils that nourish the skin, as they will prevent the steaming of the skin. At the end of the procedure also the oil does not need to be used.
- After taking a soda bath according to the classic recipe, you can take a shower at will. But if the bath was of a complex composition, then be sure to remove the remnants of the components with warm water. Soap and washcloths should not be used, but massage gloves — this is the very thing that will help in the fight for beauty and harmony.
It is important to note the fact that if taking soda baths causes discomfort (and this happens, judging by the reviews), then the procedure should be stopped, take a shower with a mild remedy, then rub with a towel and wrap up in a warm blanket. Stop taking a bath is also necessary in the event that there was a headache or an attack of suffocation.
The classic recipe for soda bath. It will take a hundred grams of water heated to body temperature for one hundred grams of drinking soda. The purpose of the procedures are softening and regeneration of the skin, getting rid of cellulite and losing weight.
At the first stage, the procedure should last no more than ten minutes. The duration of treatment will vary depending on what problem you need to solve. If the water temperature is comfortable, then gradually it should be increased. You can also increase the time spent in softened soda water. This will stimulate the metabolic processes. The procedure is best carried out at night, because after such baths you need to wrap up in a warm blanket and go to bed.
A similar procedure is also recommended for the treatment of thrush and inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system in men and women. Similar bath concentrations are indicated for chickenpox or measles rash in children and adults. In this way, you can also prevent the manifestation of sexual dysfunction in men, called impotence.
Combined compositions for taking soda baths are different. Several popular recipes, their purpose and features of the application are listed below.
- sea salt — 400 grams;
- drinking soda — 1 pack;
- a few drops of lavender essential oil, mint, grapefruit, mandarin or patchouli.
Taking a bath of similar composition, the temperature of the water in which is not lower than 38 degrees Celsius, during the month every day, you can:
- tighten the skin;
- get rid of varicose veins and spiderwebs from the dilated vessels;
- eliminate redness and remove irritation from wearing synthetic tights;
- remove or reduce the «orange peel» on the hips.
The time of taking such a bath is twenty minutes, during which the temperature of the water should be maintained by pouring a small amount of hot liquid. In addition to the beauty of the body, such baths will give peace of mind and help in the fight against depression.
After this procedure, you should limit physical activity. Sports loads, especially cardio, will accelerate the struggle with kilograms. You should not eat heavy and fatty foods, and you should also exclude alcohol. The best solution would be to take a bath at night.
If sea salt is not available, then this component can be replaced with ordinary coarse salt and a few drops of an alcoholic solution of iodine or table salt with iodized salt. The amount of substances should not be increased, because there is a risk of dry skin.
Among the main contraindications to taking baths with soda for cosmetic or therapeutic purposes, it should be highlighted:
- features of perception of soda and other components of the body;
- pregnancy and gynecological diseases, the nature of which is associated with a violation of the cycle or childbearing function;
- oncological diseases, regardless of the location of the lesion and the stage of development of cancer;
- malfunctions in the endocrine glands;
- diseases of the blood-forming organs or disorders in the work of the cardiovascular system.
In conclusion of the article I would like to say that if among the listed prohibitions that can harm the body, there are no those that are related to you, then soda baths are a great way to help the body eliminate toxins, rejuvenate the skin and acquire the desired harmony.