The value and combination of the arcana High Priestess in fortune-telling for a situation, love, work
The High Priestess (other names: Papess, Nun) personifies unconscious human forces — intuition, inexplicable forebodings, confidence in something. This card symbolizes patience, condescension and kindness. Unlike the High Priest card, whose character uses wisdom to assert his own power, the High Priestess uses higher knowledge to help others search for themselves.
The positive side of the arcana is the ability to forgive and use the power of the subconscious for the benefit of man. The negative aspect is associated with the passivity and denial of the value of all material.
Most decks portray a sensible and focused maid. In her hands she holds a book or a scroll.
In classical decks, the High Priestess is wearing a mantle that hides part of the scroll.
In the Ryder-Wate deck on the lasso you can see the Priestess sitting on the throne between the black and white pillars. They bear the letters denoting the sun and moon.
These columns symbolize the opposites — day and night, birth and death, male and female. In the hand of the Priestess — the Book of Knowledge, which is partly hidden behind the canvas.
The map indicates a future that has not yet been revealed by man. This is an indication of the importance of intuition, tolerance for others, spiritual work for the sake of higher goals.
The Tarot Thot emphasizes the positive aspect of the arcane. The priestess here is one of the strongest arcana denoting equilibrium. The upper part of her body is the feminine, which is symbolized by figures in the form of crescents above her head.
From navel to stop, she symbolizes the masculine principle, depicted with a bow and arrow on her lap.
In this deck, the Priestess is the highest harmony, the realization of personality in activity. Creator of the deck Aleister Crowley believes that this Arcane contains the key to understanding the secrets of the Universe and human nature.
The deck depicts a fortune teller sitting in front of the ball. She carefully peers at him.
Arkan symbolizes the door to the depths of the unconscious. But in order to comprehend these depths, a key is needed.
So key in the tarot "78 doors" is a concentration, meditative state.
A map means subtle receptivity, the ability to listen to your inner voice, to see non-obvious things. On the other hand, in this deck, the High Priestess sometimes symbolizes a person who is subject to emotions, strongly dependent on the lunar cycle.
In direct position, the card indicates the need to trust the inner voice. Only a man who possesses himself and who has known himself can understand the mysteries of life. The questioner should not look for excuses for his own decisions.
The card urges to appreciate every moment spent with oneself, not to be closed from intuition by daily affairs. It is necessary for the questioner to maintain clarity of thinking, to show kindness and condescension to the people around him.
In such a position, the High Priestess recommends refraining from gross interference with circumstances. If you wait a bit, events and affairs will themselves take the position advantageous for the questioner.
But if he nevertheless decides to intervene in the course of things, he must first clearly realize his goals, otherwise he risks harming himself.
In the inverted position, the High Priestess has the following meanings:
- Prejudice, patterned thinking.
- Distrust of own intuition, estrangement.
- Lack of time for a detailed understanding of the situation.
- Neglect of their abilities and talents.
- Traction to sensual pleasures.
In this position, the card indicates the questioner’s excessive judgment. He pays no attention to the voice of the intuition, nor to the features of his dreams.
Any clues that his unconscious sends are ignored by him. Arkan recommends listening to yourself and not agreeing to dubious proposals, if intuition warns about this.
Sometimes the card indicates a hysterical person in the circle of communication.
High Priestess in the layouts for work may mean:
- The activity of the questioner is connected with the sphere of her patronage. This is mysticism, healing, psychology, science.
- The questioner approaches the work from the perspective of the principles of the High Priestess: he is always open and honest, ready to accept new information, and makes important decisions, relying on intuition.
This lasso points to quite promising projects. The only condition that he sets is that there is no need to force events: activity will be needed in the future, but now is not the time for it.
The priestess is closely associated with science and education. This Arcane designates astrologers, psychotherapists, professional consultants. The map indicates scientific or artistic creativity.
The priestess often points to the need for additional qualifications and professional literacy.
For businessmen the lasso can indicate that a solution to the problem of interest will be found through a wise woman. Sometimes the High Priestess talks about the need to seek help from a prophetess or an astrologer.
In business, this card does not indicate a cash profit. The High Priestess does not care about financial matters, she focuses on the spiritual. The card indicates the impracticality in the disposal of money and property.
But, on the other hand, the Papess speaks about the possibility of making the right decision, relying on intuition.
In a love affair, the High Priestess manifests herself in a positive way. She speaks of spiritual affection, warm feelings for each other, mutual understanding. Partners care about each other.
It seems that there is an invisible but very strong bond between them.
Depending on other arcana in the scenario, the High Priestess of a lonely person can mean the need for a bachelor life. Sometimes a card indicates a person who pays too much attention to the spiritual side of life and evades the relationship.
The high self-esteem of such a person makes building relationships with others impossible. As for the ostentatious neglect of the material side of life, this at first causes delight in a potential partner, and then irritation.
In an upside-down position, Papess speaks of a situation where, in the past, relationships have become a source of suffering. Now the questioner consciously or unknowingly seeks to avoid a love affair.
In matters of health, a lasso can indicate mental disorders, ranging from sleep problems to schizophrenic disorders. The priestess is associated with diseases of the female genital sphere, menstrual disorders, infertility.
This card indicates the need for psychological assistance.
If the High Priestess fell out as a card of the day, this indicates the need to pay attention to the spiritual side of life. If you had a dream the day before, it is worth analyzing it in more detail.
However, on the same day one should not expect certain events. If there is a desire to change something, to do otherwise — you should trust your inner voice.
The value is enhanced or weakened by other lasso in the scenario. The most powerful combination is the High Priestess and the Moon.
Also, the card is enhanced by Lazar Star, Ace of Cups, Queen of Swords. Its value is weakened by the Hanged Man, 9 and 10 Swords, as well as arcane games that have a dark background.
In combination with the Elder Arkanas, the High Priestess has the following interpretations:
- Jester — secret information will become clear.
- Magician — the disclosure of secrets in love relationships.
- Empress — readiness for pregnancy.
- The emperor is a high-ranking person who deserves his position.
- Hierophant — obtaining new knowledge, higher education.
- Lovers — successful opposition to temptations.
- Chariot — the inability to cope with the current circumstances.
- Strength — the details of an exciting situation should be kept secret.
- The hermit — a clear understanding of the circumstances and their causes.
- The Wheel of Fortune is an infantile attitude to the situation.
- Justice — to achieve success should be guided by logic.
- The hanged man — the wrong life landmarks, which led to stagnation.
- Death — the need to rely only on himself.
- Moderation — adaptation to new conditions is successful.
- Devil — delusions, distortions of the perception of the situation.
- The star is a clear understanding.
- The moon — madness, adultery.
- The court is something completely new, unexpected events.
- Peace is the birth of a child or the gathering of the fruits of creative effort.
In conjunction with Junior Arcane, the map has the following meanings.
With the suit of the Rods:
- Ace — the beginning of a large-scale project.
- Deuce — finding out the details of unpleasant circumstances.
- Three — friendship with a reasonable person will bring good results.
- Four — the situation will be resolved in favor of the questioner.
- Five — the successful development of science or spiritual knowledge.
- Six — the disclosure of mystical secrets.
- Seven — successful overcoming obstacles.
- The eight — vague prospects.
- Nine — the need to visit a fortuneteller, an astrologer, a psychologist.
- Ten — the danger from detractors.
- Page — privacy in order to master new knowledge.
- Knight — the need to pause in affairs.
- Queen — initiatives and ideas have all chances to be successful, it all depends on the questioner.
- The king is a noble person who will assist.
With the suit of Cups (Cup):
- Ace — donations to the church treasury.
- Two — the questioner is waiting for a declaration of love.
- Three — difficulties in any case will be successfully eliminated.
- Four — possibly a quotational effect on the questioner or his partner (depending on the other cards in the scenario).
- The five — emotional pressure from any person — need to be careful.
- Six — personal secrets will be made public.
- Seven — indulging their own weaknesses.
- The eight — evasion from knowledge, voluntary stay in ignorance.
- Nine — the need to maintain distance with other people for the sake of peace and harmony.
- Ten — stabilization in current affairs.
- Page — a new pleasant acquaintance.
- Knight — indicates the special role of the questioner in this situation.
- Queen — spiritual harmony.
- King — the need to conduct serious domestic work.
- Ace — the questioner needs to restrain his emotions.
- Two — inertness in business, stagnation.
- Three — bad news, shock.
- Four — the need to analyze in detail the circumstances.
- The Five is the release of important information.
- Six — dedication to the secret, possession of important information.
- Seven — strategy development, carrying far-reaching plans.
- Eight — unexpected news.
- Nine — the answer to the urgent question is within the questioner himself.
- Ten is an important awareness.
- Page — you can not trust those who are near.
- Knight — serious obstacles.
- A queen is a woman who builds machinations.
- The king is an aggressive and despotic personality in the social circle.
With Pentakley suit:
- Ace — making profit in an illegal way.
- The two — carrying out monetary frauds.
- Troika — withholding data on financial investments.
- Four — a significant increase in capital.
- Five — the disclosure of the secrets of bankruptcy.
- Six — help from the side, the appearance of the sponsor.
- Seven — loss of faith in the expediency of action.
- Eight — increasing the level of professionalism.
- Nine — the need to analyze the financial situation.
- Ten — receiving a large inheritance.
- Page — an opportune moment will appear that should be seized.
- Knight — financial difficulties.
- The queen — the questioner should be more respectful of himself.
- King — monetary enrichment.
The High Priestess is a positive card. If it fell out in a scenario, it means that the time has come for the questioner to engage in spiritual quests.
Success can be achieved if you trust your inner voice, open to the highest wisdom.
The story of one of our readers Alina R .:
Money has always been my main concern. Because of this, I had a bunch of complexes. I considered myself a failure, problems at work and in my personal life haunted me.
However, I decided that I still needed personal help. Sometimes it seems that the matter is in you, all the failures are only a consequence of bad energy, the evil eye or some other evil force.
But who will help in a difficult life situation, when it seems that all life is rolling down the slope and passing by you. It is difficult to be happy working as a cashier for 26 thousand rubles, when you had to give 11 for renting an apartment.
What was my surprise when my whole life suddenly changed for the better overnight. I could not even imagine that one could earn so much money that at first glance a knickknack could have such an effect.
It all started with the fact that I ordered a personal one.