Under the law of meanness, the tastier the food, the less useful it is. This law works in the case of kebabs.
True, how much do we think about the benefits and harms of kebabs?
Weigh the pros and cons.
- Carcinogens(substances provoking cancer). They are contained in vapors formed when fat enters the hot coals. Volatile substances (namely benzopyrene) rise up, fall into pieces of meat and settle on them. Unfortunately, the dark, overcooked crust loved by many also contains carcinogenic elements.
- If you fry the meat badly, various infections may appear in it, intestinal sticks causing dysbacteriosis.
Who and what kebabs are contraindicated:
- Mutton heavy for digestion is better not to try for those who have problems with the stomach and intestines.
- People suffering from ulcers and liver diseases, can not eat kebabs with hot spices, ketchup, lemon juice.
- Any kefir-soaked meat, caution should be used by people with unstable acidity, because they can wait for heartburn and bloating. Moreover, such meat should not be washed down with wine: meat can be more slowly split and digested, which again can lead to indigestion.
- Doctors do not recommend often eating kebabs for people suffering from kidney disease and the elderly.
- On a picnic day in the morning, do not lean on fast carbohydrates — after a while they will provoke an acute feeling of hunger, and you can overdo it with a kebab (It is usually recommended to eat no more than 200 grams of kebab per meal).
- Marinate meat well! Quality marinade, especially sour, is partly protection from carcinogens and microbes.
- Kebabs are better to fry on wood, not on coals. In addition, it is necessary to cook on the fire 20-25 minutes after using the ignition fluid so that the fumes can burn out..
- If you can not spicy, replace ketchup, spices and lemon juice with tomato sauce or pomegranate juice. The choice of sauces for kebabs is not limited to one ketchup!
- Cut off the crisp crust and (oh, horror!) Do not eat it.
- Vodka paired with kebabs has a detrimental effect on the liver. However, for a better breakdown of fats, you can drink a shashlik with vodka, but with a dose of no more than 100 grams. Of alcoholic drinks, it is better to drink down the skewers with dry red wine. Many drink barbecue with plain water, this is better than carbonated, but it dilutes gastric juice, which is why food is not digested so intensely.
- To reduce the harm of meat cooked on coals, eat with it any green vegetables and fresh greens (cilantro, dill, parsley, ramson, leafy salads).
- Do not eat meat with tomatoes — they contain substances that can slow down the digestion of protein.
- Skewers should not be accompanied by the same «heavy» snacks — sausage, cuts, sprats, which in large quantities contain salt and fat.
- Properly cooked kebabs reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and arthritis.
- Meat, properly cooked on charcoal, retains great vitamins and trace elements that are beneficial to humans than ordinary roasted meat.
- In meat cooked on charcoal, fewer calories than in roast. By the way, a real kebab is a completely dietary dish, since it is baked and not fried.
Talking about the benefits of kebabs is quite difficult.
However, if you follow the principles of their proper preparation and use, kebabs, at least, will not cause significant harm to health.