Smoothies invented in the obsessive healthy lifestyle of California. In fact, it is a fruit cocktail prepared in a blender, but very thick.
Difference smoothie from the usual cocktail in that it is prepared not from juice, but from mashed potatoes or even from whole fruits. So in smoothie contains much more fiber.
And as a result, it is very useful for digestion and in general.
Serve smoothie to the table with two tubes — firstly, it is so accepted, and secondly, it is more convenient.
In the 60s the world went crazy with this simple and amazingly appetizing find.
Today, smoothies, or smooth, or smusis (from the English. Words smooth — "uniform, soft, smooth, pleasant") — a thick, whipped drink made from a mixture of fruits, vegetables, milk / ice cream / cream / yogurt with nuts, muesli, chocolate and honey — became the basis of a new direction in the field of healthy nutrition.
Millions of followers of smoothie-diets consider such cocktails to be an excellent means for losing weight and maintaining vitality.
The origin of this "eating in a glass" quite interesting.
According to one version, Pacific surfers invented it, which were supported by a similar drink between two waves. It is also said that the trend of smoothies was introduced in the 1960s. "children of flowers" — hippie.
And the name itself "smoothie" got into the story with the light hand of the founder of the network of cocktail bars "Smoothie king" Stephen Kunau, who seems to have invented it in exactly those years.
However, the industrial history of the smoothie is directly related to the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles, to which these original and healthy drinks were developed. The miraculous antidote to hamburgers and hot dogs has been revealed to the world.
And the Americans according to custom, proclaimed their stars and stripes homeland pioneer of thick cocktails.
Although analogues smoothies existed in different nations from time immemorial.
For example, the ancient Indians drank guava juice with pulp before hunting or battles to strengthen the spirit and gain stamina.
Polish gentlemen before the fight drank a drink of beer, a few eggs and thick sour cream. And the Slavic oatmeal pudding, which is still in "Tale of Bygone Years" is described?
Or an Indian rice drink and all sorts of French soups?
Why not smoothie?
Nutritionists recommend eating light fruit smoothies for breakfast, and nutritious vegetables for lunch and dinner.
Although the order can not abide.
"Swallowed for lunch — half a day free" — this is why smoothies are so popular with "white collar", athletes, travelers and students.
In addition, such storage rooms of vitamins and minerals are loved by everyone: this is the most delicious way to cope with your appetite!
Vegetable smoothies are prepared from tomatoes, carrots, beets, avocados, cucumbers, pumpkins, bell peppers, cabbage with the addition of "green" vitamins — ginger, parsley, basil, cilantro, celery, spinach, as well as all sorts of spices and herbs.
In summary, the smoothie bible looks like this:
- Make cocktails yourself.
- Instead of fatty milk and sour cream, use low-fat kefir, yogurt or cottage cheese, instead of sugar, honey and pollen.
- Vegetable smoothies try not to salt: it is more useful to add ground dry sea kale and spices.
- Protein or soybean powder, multivitamins, flax grains or wheat germ can be included in shakes: they can be used to increase the protein and nutrient content.
- For weight loss in fruit smoothies, use less high-calorie fruits and berries — apricots, tangerines and black currants: they have 0% fat. Apples, grapefruits, pineapples, pomegranates, cherries can also be attributed to low-fat products. But in this case it is better to refuse bananas, grapes, avocados, watermelon, melons and peaches.
- Most of the potassium is found in cherries, tomatoes and apricots, sodium in beets, carrots and tangerines, calcium in black currants and lemon, and phosphorus in chokeberry, tomatoes and wild rose.
- And most importantly — stock up thick tubes!