Those who do not like pancakes will have to suffer and survive this pancake invasion.
After all, the tradition inherited by us from the pagan ancestors is celebrated very widely.
Damn — a symbol of the sun and wealth.
Initially, they were baked to celebrate the meeting of spring and distributed to the poor and hungry.
The act of blinopathy itself was surrounded by such a secret that Anton Pavlovich Chekhov wrote:
"Looking at a woman baking pancakes, you might think that she is calling spirits or making a philosopher’s stone from dough. " !
Hm what would he say about the modern housewife baking pancakes?
Philosopher’s stone here obviously does not smell.
Everything was very simplified, although pancakes are still baked a lot.
Since ancient times, there is such a sign: the more pancakes you eat on Maslina or, as it is also called, Glory week, the more monetary and successful the year will be!
So bake pancakes and eat — you will be fun and rich.
Pancakes are loved not only in Russia, they are also found in other countries, and everywhere they have their own national characteristics.
The French prefer thin pancakes — crepes, the ideal proportions of which are in "Le cordon bleu".
The British invented kneading dough on local ale and adding malt flour.
American pancakes known all over the world are baked from very thick dough, so they are made small, such as fritters, and they eat them with maple syrup (very tasty!).
By the way, migrants from Scotland brought them to America.
His pancakes — Pfannkukhen — is, of course, in Germany.
Holland bake small pancakes for Christmas "poffertyes".
And then there are Polish aides, Austrian and Hungarian hangmen.
In general, there are many different pancakes and everywhere. But nowhere is there such a cult of pancakes, as in Russia.
And of course, "eating pancakes is easier than brains over them" (the same beloved Anton Pavlovich).
I decided that I would dedicate this Maslenitsa to buckwheat pancakes. They are baked much less than wheat, although originally Russian pancakes are just buckwheat.
But there is no Russian buckwheat flour, in any case I have never seen it on sale anywhere! On sale, I found French buckwheat flour and Finnish
I will give several recipes for pancake on buckwheat flour.
Buckwheat flour makes pancakes amazingly lush and soft, and still gives them a pleasant slightly sour taste.
1 cup buckwheat flour
2 cups wheat flour
1 l milk
100 ml heavy cream
2 tbsp. sugar sand
20 g fresh yeast (6-7 g dry)
50 g butter
salt to taste
cooking oil for frying pan
Frying pans is better to take cast iron.
Their size should be small, as Russian pancakes are baked as large as a saucer.
1. Dissolve the yeast in 2 cups of warm milk. Add sugar and buckwheat flour.
Mix thoroughly and put in a warm place for about 1-1.5 hours.
2. Stir the dough with a wooden spatula, pour in the remaining milk, sift and add wheat flour and mix well again. There should be no lumps.
Put the dough in a warm place for an hour and a half.
3. Eggs divided into yolks and proteins.
Grind the yolks with room temperature butter and salt.
4. Add the yolks, pounded with butter, to the dough that came up, mix everything well.
5. Whip the cream, add the whipped whites (on the contrary it is impossible!) And mix — it makes the pancakes friable, tender, scented.
6. Gently mix the cream with the whites in the dough in a circular motion from the bottom up and put in a warm place for 15-20 minutes.
7. Bake pancakes as usual.
Scalded buckwheat pancakes
400 g wheat flour
400 g buckwheat flour
5.5 — 6 tbsp. milk (a glass of 200 ml)
50 ML melted butter
25 g fresh yeast (dry 8 g)
1.5 tsp salt
2 tbsp. l sugar sand
cooking oil for frying pan
1. Combine both flours, mix.
2. Boil 3 cups of milk and brew half of the flour.
Mix thoroughly, cool.
3. In 0.5 cups of warm (but not hot) milk, dilute the yeast and stir in the brewed flour.
Cover the resulting dough and put it in a warm place for about 1 hour.
4. When the sponge rises, pour in 1 glass of warm milk, pour in the rest of the flour, stir well and allow to rise again (approximately 1 — 1.5 hours).
5. When it rises a second time, pour another glass of warm milk, melted butter, add eggs, sugar and salt. Beat the dough well with a wooden spatula or mixer at low speed.
Give rise for half an hour and the oven.
Buckwheat pancakes only on buckwheat flour
This recipe is from a package of Finnish buckwheat flour. And, by the way, I really liked not only the recipe itself, but also advice on how best to bake buckwheat pancakes. Although the translation was made without knowledge of Finnish specificity.
For some reason, the cream was called sour cream, and ML (Finnish recipes are distinguished by the fact that they even measure chopped parsley in milliliters) were counted as grams!
I do not know what kind of pancakes they would have made!
Fluid obviously would not be enough.
On 15 pancakes:
150 ml of buckwheat flour (105 g)
300 ml of cream
15 g fresh yeast (5 g dry)
100 ml of hot milk
1 tbsp. l melted butter
0.5 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. l sugar sand
cooking oil for frying pan
1. Dissolve the yeast in warm cream. Pour the flour and sugar.
Let the dough rise for 2-3 hours at room temperature.
2. When the dough rises, add hot milk, salt, ghee, egg yolk.
Mix everything well.
3. Beat the protein into a stable foam and mix it into the dough with gentle movements from top to bottom.
And immediately bake pancakes.
4. Lubricate the pan with butter before baking each pancake and (very good advice!) bake buckwheat pancakes on low heat!
— If you do not have buckwheat flour, then grind buckwheat in a blender and sift through a fine sieve.
Honestly, I did it once in ancient times, when no buckwheat flour was sold. Ground coffee in a coffee grinder, which is not used for coffee, but only for sugar, nuts, etc.
The process, I must say, only for those who really want to make buckwheat pancakes. And now I buy French buckwheat flour, and there are no problems.
And Finnish found, cheers!
— Yeast can be prepared at home.
Dissolve 1 cup of flour with 1 cup of warm water. Leave for 5-6 hours. Then pour a glass of beer or mineral water and put in a warm place for a while.
The yeast is ready, they can be added to the dough, it will turn out unusually lush.
I have this advice for a long time, but I have never used it.
But you never know, can someone come in handy.
Here you have a lot of pancakes, eat for health, and that was more money! 🙂
— And, of course, it is very important to bake buckwheat pancakes over low heat. Then they will bake well and will not burn.
Pancakes were baked in the oven and they were not turned over, the top was baked, and in order to remove the pancake, the pan itself was turned over.