Hood in the bathroom (36 photos): choose wisely
When building a private house there are no trifles. The question of how to be made Hood in the bathroom in a private house, is quite complicated. But it is necessary to solve it, if then there is no desire to breathe stale air and unsuccessfully deal with black spots of mold on the walls.
Bathroom — this is one of the most «wet» places in the house. After making decisions, a large amount of steam is formed in the air, which in the form of condensate accumulates on all surfaces — the ceiling, walls, mirrors, plumbing and furniture.
If there is no normally working ventilation in the bathroom in a private house or apartment, then the accumulating moisture begins to spoil the bathroom decoration, contribute to the formation of an unpleasant odor and the formation of mold. Therefore, the question of how to make the hood in the bathroom should be high priority.
Ventilation in the house can be both natural and forced. The choice of the type of ventilation system depends on the specific conditions in the house.
As a rule, this type of ventilation is laid at the stage of project creation. To do this, in the bathroom and other rooms provided ventilation ducts, which are displayed in the attic.
As a rule, ventilation ducts are laid out with bricks or ready-made plastic pipes are used to create them.
Use of natural ventilation in the bathroom
Here are some tips to help you get the job done if there is a natural bathroom hood.
- It is better to plan air ducts vertical, at the same time, each air duct is used for one room.
- It is allowed to merge into one channel from the kitchen and sauna, from the bathroom and toilet, provided that the premises are located on the same floor.
- In the attic it is allowed to combine extracts from all rights of the premises into one channel But if the project is ventilated rooms in different sides of the house, their association in the attic is not heaven.
- Since the natural exhaust systems for the bathroom are low-pressure, the inner surfaces of the air ducts should be made as smooth as possible, while removing them, avoid sharp turns and the formation of projections.
If the creation of a duct bend is not avoided, then it should be made smooth, having a turning radius of at least 10 cm.
- If the building is single-storey, it is often mounted. An example of the use of forced ventilation in a bathroom in the ceiling, in this case air is removed from the room through the attic to the roof.
A forced ventilation device is necessary if:
- When in the bathroom does not work on a natural exhaust hood or its operation is not effective.
- When the previously working natural ventilation system is out of order, and its repair does not seem appropriate.
- If it is planned to install a steam generator or an electrowel in the bathroom.
An example of the use of forced ventilation in the bathroom
As a rule, in this case, an exhaust fan is installed for the bathroom — various models of hoods are available for the bathroom.
They differ in size and shape, but the principle of their work is the same. The hood consists of an electric fan and a piping system for air exhaust.
About bathroom fans
What range of exhaust ventilation fans should be purchased when considering a ventilation system? As a rule, these are axial models capable of removing from the room from 60 to 250 cubic meters of air per hour.
To determine the required power of the model, use the simplest formula:
in this formula, the symbol M denotes the performance required to ensure normal air exchange in the room. The symbol V denotes the volume of the room in cubic meters, and the numbers in brackets are the correction factor, which depends on the frequency of use of the bathroom.
Assortment of exhaust fans
Example: Let’s calculate the required capacity, which should have a protective net installed on the ventilation duct, in a house where the bathroom has dimensions of 2 x 1.5 x 2.5 meters. To begin with, we calculate the volume of the room, in our case it will be equal to 7.5 cubic meters. (2 * 1.5 * 2.5 = 7.5).
If there is one person living in the house who uses the bathroom per day, then you can accept a minimum correction factor of five. As a result, the minimum capacity should be equal to 5 * 7.5 = 37.5 cubic meters.
Is it safe to install an appliance in the bathroom, because the humidity is high there? For such premises, a special class of devices with a high class of protection is produced. They are marked with letters IP and numbers. The higher the number, the higher the protection class of the device.
For wet rooms it is recommended to take models of class IP 34 or higher. As a rule, fans, created for bathrooms, have a body that reliably protects the engine from splashing.
If installing an exhaust hood in a bathroom, then it should be provided that there is a gap under the door for air flow. In the absence of such access to the utility.
Modern hoods in the bathroom are equipped with automatics. These are motion sensors that will turn on only if there is someone in the room.
Convenient and humidity sensors that detect the presence of water vapor in the air and with an increase in its amount, will automatically pass. Sometimes systems are equipped with timers that allow you to set the fan operation time.
All these devices allow rational use of energy.
A very convenient exhaust hood for a bathroom with a check valve, this is a system that prevents air from other rooms from entering into ventilated rooms, which is important for multi-storey buildings, as well as dust and debris from the street.
As for the noise in the operation of ventilation, you should not believe advertising promises, absolutely silent models currently do not exist. However, modern hoods are quiet enough to not cause irritation.
To reduce the noise level from a working fan, you can put a special device right behind the unit — a silencer, and also trim the upper part of the ventilation shaft with soundproofing material.
How to install the hood in the bathroom?
So, the fan is selected, now it must be installed in the bathroom. It is not difficult to do this, although if a person has never dealt with electrical circuits and does not know which side took the screwdriver, then this work should be entrusted to professionals.
Installing a safety net on the ventilation duct
Home masters, who are confident in their abilities, can be given the following tips:
- As a rule, the hood in the bathroom is planned at a height, it should be done under the ceiling. The hood should be located opposite the door, but it should not be planned on the same wall as the doorway.
Proper positioning of hoods increases the efficiency of its work, since natural processes of air circulation will help in its work.
- Most often, the fan is placed in the vent hole. If desired, you can expand with a grinder or a hammer and chisel.
- The fan for the bathroom is installed in the opening and is fixed with the help of “liquid nails”, special fixings, self-tapping screws or dowels.
A properly installed fan is completely “recessed” in the opening, only a ventilation grill is visible from the outside.
This element may have a different color and shape, so it will not spoil the interior.
Installation of ventilation in the bathroom with their own hands
To reduce noise and provide additional sealing between the base and the applied layer of silicone sealant.
- The fan must be connected to the mains; it is recommended to install a separate switch to turn it on.
Some owners connect the hood to the same switch that turns on the lighting, but this is not always rational, so it’s better to install a switch with two keys.
- At the last stage of the installation, the fan is closed by a ventilation grille, which is fixed on latches or on self-tapping screws.
Thus, the installation of forced ventilation in bathrooms helps to solve the actual problem of airing the room. There is rarely a window in the bathrooms, so the only way to establish normal air exchange in the room is to organize an effective ventilation system.
The use of modern automation systems makes the use of hoods very convenient and helps to efficiently use energy resources.