Baby cots with boards: 6 rules for choosing beds
It is not easy to choose a bed for a child, because any items of children’s furniture must meet a variety of requirements, one of which is safety. And in order to protect the baby from an accidental fall in a dream, it is better to choose a model with sides that will restrict the bed space and prevent it from falling. But how to choose these cots? All parents should understand this.
Do you need bumpers?
Before you go to the store and decide the children’s beds of different models, you should decide whether you need bumpers, in general. It is believed that the bed of a baby under two or three years old should be limited, which makes it possible to minimize to a minimum during sleep usually spinning and moving actively. But an older child, firstly, does not turn so much, and secondly, he can partially control his movements and sleep more sensitively, therefore, most likely, he will not need restrictive sides.
But to make the right decision, you need to consider the concrete and analyze his dream. If he sleeps uneasily and often or sharply turns over, the sides will help him to avoid falls, in which case they will be a useful and necessary addition and an element of the bed. If the child at night during sleep behaves calmly, then he will feel safe and comfortable and in a crib without sides.
children’s bed from 3 years with sides
Beds with sides: advantages and disadvantages
The crib of the baby is his bed, in which he will spend most of his time in the first few years of his life. And therefore it is important to choose the most suitable model that meets the age and individual needs of the child.
If you decide to buy a crib with sides, then once again weigh the pros and cons. First consider all the benefits:
- First of all, the bumpers perform their basic functions — limiting the bed and minimizing the risks of an accidental fall. So if a child is restless, then, having acquired such a model, parents may not worry about their daughter or son.
- The sides also follow the additional fixation of the mattress and partial linen, which is quite convenient and eliminates the need to daily correct and put in order the children’s sleeping place.
- Another possible, as well as the necessary function of the cots, is to create a favorable atmosphere and a relaxed atmosphere that sets you up for a healthy and sound sleep. Fences allow the child to feel more secure, and this is especially useful and important if the baby has recently moved out of his first small bed with side walls.
- Limiters can eliminate the effects of external stimuli, which can interfere while falling asleep. Since the space is partially limited, the child does not see the objects around him and is not distracted by them, thereby plunging into sleep much faster.
- On the side you can hang your favorite baby toy or any amulet. Such a thing not only allows the child to feel calmer, but also helps to develop some help and assistance in this case.
- The sides can be used with advantage, turned into a part of the interior of a nursery or even accentuate a room. For example, try to attach hooks to them on which the owner of the room will hang clothes. You can also add a stopper shelf: a child can place toys on it. But you can simply decorate this part of the bed, for example, with toys, artificial flowers or vinyl stickers.
Now consider the disadvantages:
- Side restraints can contribute to the violation of the natural ventilation of the bed. Since the crib will be closed from the sides of the sides, this will partially block access, which can be harmful, especially if the humidity in the room is increased. Also, the baby can be stuffy, especially in summer.
- Sleeping with sides is sometimes dangerous, since an active child can knock on a corner at night, making a sudden and unconscious movement.
- If the restrictor consists of rails, then the child may stick his hand through them and get stuck or be injured.
- Soft rims can be a source of dust. And in some materials live dust mites that cause allergic reactions.
- Not all children sleep comfortably in cots with sides.
- Soft restraints can disturb the breathing of the baby. If at night he rests his nose in such a side, it will partially block the access of oxygen.
- A bed with limited qualities can quickly break, and in this case you will have to purchase a new one.
What can be the bumpers?
If you decide to choose the considered model of the bed, then the first thing you should pay attention to when buying is the bumper itself. They are different, and, depending on their attachment to the bed, they are stationary fixed and removable. The first are an integral part of the bed, and this option is the most secure. Removable sides are attached to the frame and can be removed if necessary. But if the mounts are unreliable, the baby can either remove the limiters on its own or get hurt.
children’s bed from 3 years with bumpers
Different shapes and sizes. So, beds for babies can have fairly high sides, running around the entire perimeter of the frame or closing large parts of it and areas through which the young owner can easily leave his bed. But also limiters can be low and cover only part of the bed. Meeting on sale and models with a single side located on one side (it is assumed that the other side will come close to the wall).
If the basis of the classification to take the material from which the bumpers are made, then we can distinguish the following types:
How to make the right choice?
Buying a crib is a responsible process, so the choice should be guided by several important criteria:
- Any children’s furniture should not have sharp edges and corners. So carefully inspect the edges of the sides and other parts of the crib.
- Special attention to the materials used for the manufacture of cots. The tree is the most environmentally friendly and safe: it does not emit harmful substances and creates an ideal microclimate in the children’s room. It is also durable and durable, but without special coatings may be exposed to high humidity and temperature changes. MDF can be a great alternative to wood. This material is practical, reliable, durable and durable. Chipboard is also used in the manufacture of cots, but only class E1 (other substances that emit formaldehyde in the environment). Furniture can also be made of lightweight, high-quality and safe plastic.
- The bed must be reliable and stable. To appreciate these qualities, try shaking, moving, or flipping a piece of furniture. If this is easily accomplished, then the child will be able to perform such actions. Also appreciate the stability of the sides: they should not move and budge, even if they are removable.
- It is important to choose the right size. Start from bed. The width is usually standard or has several different variations. But the length of the bed should be greater than the growth of the child by about 40 centimeters, so that he does not feel squeezed or constrained. The height of the sides is also important: it should be sufficient so that the baby in a dream does not move through the stops and does not fall out.
- To ensure natural ventilation of the bed, it is advisable to stop the choice on cots with lath restraints through which air penetrates. In addition, it is advisable to choose a model with a bottom, consist of lamellas, and not of a single canvas (this will allow for the ventilation of the mattress).
- Rate the side of the crib. If they consist of rails, then the distance between them should be no more than 5-6 centimeters so that the baby does not put his hands in the gap and does not get stuck. And if you choose a bed with removable sides, then study their fastenings: they must be of high quality and reliable.
To the child was comfortable in the crib with bumpers, select the appropriate model.