Folk remedies for cough — This is a great solution for treating cold symptoms. Folk remedies sparingly eliminate the cough, while not poisoning the body with various chemicals. This is the safest way to cure cough at home. In our article, we will tell you how to use folk remedies to cure cough in adults and in children.
There are several of the best folk cough treatment options at home.:
- syrups, decoctions and mixtures;
With these methods you can get rid of any symptoms of a cold and cough in the shortest possible time. Let’s take a closer look at these methods.
Inhalation — This is a great way to get rid of cough at home. Surely, many people remember how in childhood we were forced to breathe over a saucepan with potatoes. At the moment, this method of treating cough and runny nose is still not out of circulation. Inhalations are made to this day, only other folk remedies are used instead of potatoes. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the most effective recipes for preparing a mixture for inhalation at home.
- One of the most common recipes for preparing a mixture for inhalation is as follows: in a glass of boiling water should be added a small spoon of soda and two drops of iodine. Cool the mixture to 50 degrees and breathe over the steam until the water has cooled. This method can be used by both adults and children..
- Inhalation with herbs — This is another effective way to treat a cough. At the same time, you can use both real dried herbs and essential oils. Commonly used plants such as sage, eucalyptus, mint, altai, thyme, coltsfoot and others. EIf you use dried grass, do not forget to boil it in boiling water for a few minutes to make the decoction as efficient as possible. This will help cure coughing in adults, children and pregnant women. Just do not forget to make sure that you are not allergic to this plant.
- Good old way with potatoes nobody canceled. It is still quite effective in treating coughs, so you can always boil the potatoes in the jacket and then breathe a little over the pan.
In addition to inhalations, you can cure dry and wet cough with various decoctions and syrups., which is very easy to prepare at home. The only caveat: do not forget that for children the proportions may be different. Also, allergic reactions to the ingredients of finished drugs are not excluded, so make sure that you do not get worse from their use.
And now we look at a few recipes for cough and bronchitis with the help of traditional medicine at home.
- Wine with red pepper perfectly helps in the treatment of cough at home, only with the main thing — do not overdo it. On the day it is recommended to drink no more than one glass before bedtime. Children under 12 are not recommended to take this medicine.
- One litre of milk boil over high heat, then make it quieter and add finely chopped onion to the milk. This broth after readiness to strain through cheesecloth and let it brew for at least three hours.
- Decoction of herbs will undoubtedly help cure cough. To do this, you will need to pour 1.5 liters of water into the pan, add 30 grams of such herbs as wormwood, dog rose and yarrow to it. Boil for 15 minutes, then remove from heat and strain the resulting broth. Pour into another container, add a little freshly squeezed aloe juice, 200 grams of honey and one hundred grams of brandy. All this mix and take such a cough remedy three times a day in the amount of one tablespoon. Children are not allowed to take this drug.
- Allergic cough helps cure decoction of chamomile, eucalyptus and succession. You can mix them to achieve greater effect, but to use such a decoction can be no more than three tablespoons at a time.
Cough shrinks are most effective., if you alternate them with other popular methods of treatment. Putting such compresses is usually necessary on the back or on the chest, avoiding the heart area. Less commonly, compresses are placed directly on the throat. Let’s find out what compresses you need to put when you cough?
- Honey and beer — great helpers when coughing! At the same time, it is possible to take such a remedy both inside and make a compress from it. And for this, it is worthwhile to heat the beer a little, add a spoonful of honey to it, wait for the dissolution, then moisten a piece of cloth in the mixture and attach it to the throat. From above it is desirable to tie a warm scarf.
- Another folk remedy that can be used to make a cough compress is vegetable oil. It will need to be heated in a water bath, wet a piece of cloth in it, after which it should be wrapped around the sore throat or put on the chest. Be careful, while avoiding the heart area! Top compress should be covered with compress paper and wrap with a warm towel.
- The most ruthless way for infections and viruses is this: in order to make an effective compress that can cure even a long-standing cough, you need to mix in one container mustard powder, vegetable oil, flour and honey in the amount of one tablespoon. All this mix and add one tablespoon of vodka. The resulting mixture should be sent to a water bath, and then put on a gauze rolled up in several layers. You can put such a compress on your throat, chest or back, be sure to cover the top with cling film.
Alcohol compresses are not recommended for children to treat cough. For adults, however, any compress listed in the list will do.
It must be remembered that although the treatment of cough folk remedies and is effective, you can not rely only on him. If within a week after the start of treatment with folk remedies, the cough did not go away or did not become weaker, you should urgently consult a doctor. Read more about cough treatment in the video.