How to cure split ends of hair at home: rules, recommendations, recipes
Each woman faced the problem of split ends of hair at least once in her life. This unpleasant phenomenon does not shy away from the owners of chic long curls, or lovers of short haircuts. When the hair splits and breaks, it becomes dry, lifeless and dull, losing luster and natural beauty. How to cure split ends of hair at home?
What makes the tips dry and split?
Before starting the treatment of split ends, it is very important to understand why this problem occurs, because sometimes it is impossible to make the curls healthy again even with the help of expensive cosmetics, if this does not eliminate the main cause of dryness and fragility.
The phenomenon of when strands begin to split and break, in medicine has received the name of trichoptilose. Trichotilosis occurs when the complex hair structure is disturbed. The hair shaft consists of a set of scales that fit snugly together, resembling shingles on the roof of a house. Under the influence of certain factors, these scales begin to flake off, which can easily be seen on the hair with split ends.
As a rule, trichotilosis is more susceptible to owners of long curls, as the ends of the hair in this case receive little power, but sometimes this problem is taken by surprise and those who prefer short hairstyles.
There are a lot of reasons for splitting hair, both external and internal. The most likely source of trichotilosis is improper care for the locks and scalp. Too frequent dyeing, chemical styling, the use of thermal tools for curling, drying and straightening, as well as the use of stiff hairpins, rubber bands and a hard hairbrush greatly damage the hair shafts, deprive them of their natural moisture and nutrients. Natural factors act in a similar way — bad ecology, severe frost, scorching sun, hot air and salty water.
Split hair can be the result of poor nutrition and lack of vitamins and minerals. The deterioration of the locks causes a deficit of retinol, tocopherol, B vitamins, calcium, zinc, magnesium and some other beneficial substances. Does not add health to hair, the presence in the diet of harmful additives, fast food, alcohol, as well as insufficient daily fluid intake and smoking.
If the ends of the hair split, the reason may be hidden in diseases of the internal organs. Especially often found the relationship between the poor state of the strands and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. On the other hand, the source of the problem may lie on the surface — trichoptilosis often occurs as a result of skin diseases of the head — seborrhea, dermatitis.
With all these reasons split ends can and should be fought, but to cope with a genetic predisposition to excessive dryness and delamination of hairs is not so easy. Nevertheless, if you regularly carry out the correct care for split ends at home, you can achieve excellent results.
5 useful tips for those who want to restore split ends of hair
So, starting to treat splitting hair at home, first of all try to figure out what caused the fragility and dryness of the strands, and follow a few important recommendations that will help to normalize the condition of the curls:
- Discard staining and styling. During treatment, the ends of the hair is very important to protect the strands from exposure to chemicals and elevated temperatures. For the same reason, you should use hats — both in heat and in frost.
- Change your diet. It must be balanced and contain a maximum of useful substances. Especially useful for hair products such as nuts, legumes, cereals, green leafy vegetables, carrots, persimmon, pomegranate, vegetable oils. Do not forget to monitor how much fluid enters your body. The daily volume of water should be at least 2 liters.
- Take an examination of the internal organs. If the cause of the stratification of the hair ends is a disease, it must be cured, otherwise it will be very difficult to get rid of split ends: even with regular haircut and proper care, they will occur again and again.
- Wash your hair properly. If possible, refuse frequent washing of hair — it dries out the skin and hair shafts. Use warm water, a mild shampoo for dry-type curls with the addition of nutrients and a restoring balm. Do not rub the wet strands with a towel or brush them to avoid damaging the hairs.
- Make regular masks. This is the best way to conduct treatment at home. Therapeutic compositions saturate hair with vitamins, moisturize the strands and help restore the structure of the hair shaft.
These simple recommendations will tell you how to restore split ends and make the treatment of brittle hair even more effective. They must be kept constantly in order to preserve the normal condition of the strands for a long time.
We treat hair: effective means for split ends
Many women are interested in what to do at home in order to restore the split hair, and if there is any correct recipe that helps to quickly and easily return the curls to a normal state.
It is necessary to make a reservation right away that there is simply no universal remedy for split ends that would become effective for everyone.
Therefore, we suggest you try several ways to treat your hair and choose the most suitable one for you:
- Natural oils. Cosmetic oils are a terrific natural remedy against split ends. How to treat hair with these nutrient fluids? You can take olive, coconut, flaxseed, almond, sea buckthorn, burdock or any other oil, slightly warm it in a water bath and soak abundantly dry ends of curls. For the best effect, it is recommended to wrap the hair with a film and warm with a towel. You can wear such a mask for 1 to 3 hours, and for maximum moisture you should try to leave the oil mixture on the strands overnight.
- Fermented milk masks. To treat split ends with a fermented milk mixture, it is necessary to warm slightly in a water bath 2 tbsp. l kefir (avoiding folding!) and 1 tbsp. l cosmetic oil. The composition is applied to the hair, departing from the roots about 1/3 of the length, warmed with film and towel and left for 30-40 minutes. The recipe can be changed — for example, use yogurt, natural yogurt or sour cream instead of kefir. In addition, it is very useful from time to time to add natural cocoa powder to fermented milk masks.
- Honey and egg. To prepare a nourishing mask, you need to mix the egg yolk, 1 tbsp. l Honey and 1 tbsp. l burdock oil. The finished composition is well impregnated with the ends of the hair and leave the mask for 1-1.5 hours.
- Fruit mask. Peach flesh is a great tool for restoring curls. All you need to do is chop the peeled fruit and peel in a blender and apply a lot on the dry ends of the hair. To achieve the best effect it is allowed to add a couple of spoons of milk to the peach pulp. Peach perfectly replaces the persimmon.
Care for split ends with these tools should be twice a week for 1-2 months without a break. Then the curls need to give a little rest — about 14 days.
The most important recipe for healthy hair ends is a constant care for your body. Proper nutrition, rejection of bad habits, timely treatment of diseases and due attention to the state of body hair — this is the main secret how to cure split hair at home and give your curls a beautiful well-groomed look.