Effective use of salicylic alcohol for acne on the skin of the face, side effects
Salicylic Alcohol Acne is one of the most sought-after medications, which is used to treat cosmetic defects on the face. In the context of this article, we will try to find out in more detail what useful features this product has.
The tool is obtained by mixing ethyl alcohol with salicylic alcohol. Hence its name «salicylic alcohol». This antiseptic is also sometimes called salicylic acid, which is also true. This antiseptic product is obtained from willow bark. It was originally intended that salicylic acid will be used to treat arthritis. But over time, this antiseptic, dermatologists and cosmetologists began to treat more and external skin rash caused by exposure to the body of harmful bacteria and microorganisms.
The drug belongs to aromakislota, which have pronounced bactericidal, wound healing, vasoconstrictor and disinfectant properties. Salicylic 2% alcohol is an antiseptic with keratolytic effect. It is used externally to cure a variety of diseases on the skin.
Doctors recommend having this drug in your home medicine chest along with other medications. This antiseptic is still used in medical institutions, in some branches of industrial importance, as well as in the beauty industry. On the basis of this alcohol, a large amount of cosmetic products are made, designed to clean the skin of the face and eliminate rashes of various nature. Antiseptic can also be used at home, having prepared on its basis a cleaning mask or some other folk remedy with your own hands.
We will tell further about what other effective qualities the described product has.
The effectiveness of alcohol salicylic acne has been proven more than once. Positive feedback from many users of social networks and various forums is a real proof of this.
The drug is perhaps the most popular and frequently used tool in cosmetic procedures. This is because this antiseptic has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect. Especially since it costs a penny, and the antiseptic has an enormous effect on acne. For this reason, it is safe to say that salicylic alcohol perfectly combines two very important factors, such as price and quality, which is also important.
The tool perfectly disinfects the skin on the face and helps it in a short time to get rid of various impurities present in the pores. With the manifestation of acne, you should use an alcohol solution of salicylic acid, which removes both redness and the rash itself. In this case, the pimple does not need to push.
After carrying out a number of cosmetic procedures with this antiseptic product, the problem skin can first be disinfected, then dried, relieved inflammations, and after that reduce the amount of acne on the face.
You can buy the drug in the pharmacy without a prescription from the doctor. Its price will surprise you. To use this medication, it must be properly prepared. How to do this, we will tell you a little later.
Next we will talk about what components are part of an effective therapeutic product.
Many Internet users are concerned about the question of what is the composition of salicylic alcohol and what other useful properties it has. In this section we will try to understand everything in more detail.
This antiseptic product consists of two elements:
The first substance is diluted with ethyl alcohol in different ratios. Basically, among the components of the solution are 1% -2% antiseptic and 100 milliliters of ethanol 70%. Acid is completely absorbed by alcohol.
As a result of a chemical reaction, a concentrated agent is formed with excellent healing properties.
- disinfecting effect, due to which the drug can be applied to the face and body;
- drying effect, which helps to fight sweating;
- anti-inflammatory effect that helps reduce puffiness, acne and comedones;
- assisting in getting rid of a large number of acne, pustules or papules, age spots, eczema, warts, contact dermatitis, psoriasis and a number of other diseases.
The substance has antimicrobial, disinfectant, anti-inflammatory, properties, as well as other qualities. Among them, disinfection, deep penetration into the skin, stimulation of blood flow, removal of inflammation, destruction of microbes and elimination of black spots.
In some cases, this solution is used for complex treatment of hyperhidrosis. The drug is applied to problem parts of the body, such as armpits, feet and palms. No less effective remedy for burns. Based on the severity of damage to the skin, the drug is diluted in the required concentration in order to disinfect and relieve inflammation. What proportion must be observed to treat burns, as indicated in the instructions for use of the drug.
More information on how to use an alcohol antiseptic product can be found in the next section of this article.
To apply this tool for its intended purpose, you need to know in what ways you can influence the problematic fate of a person.
The doctor prescribes an antiseptic product if the patient has an inflammatory or infectious pathology of the skin.
What recommendations of doctors must be observed before using an antiseptic:
- It is necessary to use the drug with caution. First of all, before use it will be useful to conduct a small test to check the body’s reaction to the product.
- In order to avoid complications, you should first start the treatment course with a 1% solution. This drug can treat acne, acne and other rashes on the face. Over time, in the absence of an allergic reaction, the concentration of the drug can be gradually increased by only 1%. It should not be up to 5% -10% concentration option, since the effects of deep burn may be irreversible.
- It is not necessary to self-medicate and use the concentrated solution without the specialist’s control, so as not to harm the skin and leave a deep burn on the treated area. Do not be lazy to make an appointment with a cosmetologist or a dermatologist, so that he individually prescribes the required dose of the drug.
The instructions for the antiseptic drug says that this drug should be used externally, treating problem areas. It is categorically unacceptable to apply the product to healthy skin, so as not to damage its structure, since there is an alcohol base in the antiseptic. If we ignore this recommendation, then there is a chance of getting burned tissues. For this reason, the drug should be applied locally to each rash with a cotton swab.
How to apply antiseptic:
- the affected area is treated with a cotton swab;
- it is enough to apply the remedy to small foci of lesion once a day, and sensitive skin should be treated once in 2 days for 14 days;
- wiping clean skin with a solution without acne and acne is undesirable, as there is a risk of harming healthy tissue cells;
- to enhance the therapeutic effect, you can additionally apply a home or pharmacy mask on the face.
If acne, redness and a greasy glow appear, then it is time to begin a therapeutic effect on the skin. This drug will be most welcome. Before use, you must carefully study the annotation to the antiseptic, and then strictly observe it.
The instructions for the product clearly states that the drug should be used with extreme caution. You do not need to rub the antiseptic deep into the skin, it is enough just to apply it locally with a cotton swab or lightly blot it with a cotton disk.
According to medical professionals, this antiseptic should not be mixed or used at the same time with other cosmetic products (lotion, ointment, scrub, shower gel and other products). If you do not follow this recommendation, then with a high degree of probability such a “dual union” will not end up with anything good, but rather the opposite. At best, a new rash or irritation may appear on the skin, which will be accompanied by unpleasant itching and other troubles. In the worst case, no one can predict the body’s response to such a «tandem.» If your face is dear to you, then stick to this recommendation without question.
What other precautions should be observed can be obtained in the next section of the article.
In order not to harm their own health, it is necessary to observe some precautions so as not to get a side effect.
It is useful to remind that the antiseptic is shown only for external use. With extreme caution it is necessary to apply alcohol to birthmarks, warts, mucous membranes and other parts of the body. It is advisable to consult a doctor before starting a course of treatment or prophylaxis. If the drug inadvertently gets into the mouth or into the eyes, then you should immediately wash your face under running water, acting carefully.
Do not forget that the antiseptic product based on salicylic acid, as well as other medicines, may have not only indications for use, but also contraindications due to the presence of side effects.
What symptoms should not use the product:
- With increased sensitivity of the skin. Persons who have been diagnosed with this ailment should refuse such a drug. Moreover, an allergy in humans may occur not on the antiseptic itself, but on one of its components.
- When pregnancy. In the period of childbearing the use of funds must be deferred until the birth of the baby. This contraindication is due to the fact that the drug contains alcohol. For this reason, an alcoholic agent applied to the skin can enter the blood through the pores and then reach the fetus. Despite the minimum dose that is necessary for the treatment of the skin, it is still better to abandon the antiseptic product for a certain time.
- With kidney disease. Renal failure is also a contraindication to the use of the drug. In some cases, only when agreed with your doctor, you can cautiously burn pimples with salicylic alcohol, but only along the edges.
About the side effects due to the use of salicylic acid can signal some signs in the form of itching, burning, redness on the skin, allergic reactions and other symptoms. If you find at least one of these ailments, you should immediately suspend treatment and completely abandon the drug. Only after examining and consulting a doctor can you pick up some alternative drug that does not cause complications.
Since the alcohol base strongly dries the skin of the face, the use of an antiseptic product may adversely affect its tone. With regular use of alcohol can cause damage to the skin and personally provoke the appearance of peeling and irritation.
In order not to break the invisible line between benefit and harm, it is necessary to observe the measure and not to allow overdose of the drug, which will certainly affect the skin. For this reason, cosmetologists are advised to do cauterization of acne with dotted manipulations. For this purpose it is necessary to moisten a stick of cotton wool in an alcohol solution, and then apply the drug exclusively on problem areas, but no more.
When buying a product, pay attention to the fact that there is a range of medical forms for sale and several options for drug concentration (1% -10%). It is advisable to buy only the antiseptic, which is marked with from 1% to 5%, since it does not require additional dilution with a liquid of a certain concentration.
If you have purchased a remedy, then you are not in a hurry to immediately apply it on your face, since the drug still needs to be prepared or a medical mask based on it.
If you are not a supporter of salon services, then a similar procedure can be carried out independently.
What we need:
- salicylic acid 1% — 45 milliliters;
- boric alcohol — 25 milliliters;
- chloramphenicol — 4 tablets.
After all the components are prepared and are at hand, proceed to the process of preparation of the emulsion.
- It is necessary to pour the first two substances into a dark vial or an opaque container, and then send the remaining crushed to a powder state from the list.
- All elements must be thoroughly mixed. If the inflammation is not very pronounced, then two tablets of chloramphenicol will suffice. In the case of a large number of acne on the face is to use all four pills.
- Prepared before bedtime treatment should be processed previously cleansed face in problem areas.
- It is necessary to shake the bottle with the means before each use so that all the components are thoroughly mixed.
You can store the finished home-made emulsion for no more than three months, because the antibiotic is in suspension. Persons who have dry and sensitive skin, do not use the talker. In any case, before using the tool, it is advisable to consult a doctor.
What other folk remedies for face care can be prepared:
Dosing and Administration
Salicylic alcohol, streptocide powder and chloramphenicol
It is necessary to crush to a powdered state 2 tablets of streptotsid and 5 tablets of chloramphenicol. The resulting powder should be diluted with 40 ml of this alcohol. The resulting mixture must be thoroughly mixed. The finished emulsion should be treated damaged areas on the face twice a day or before going to bed. The drug can replace face lotion. Store the tool must be in a dark bottle.
Salicylic and boric acid, erythromycin and zinc ointment
It is necessary to combine both acids in equal amounts (50 milliliters). Then 2 tablets of erythromycin should be crushed into powder and 1 small spoonful of ointment should be added. All components must be thoroughly mixed. This antibacterial agent can treat acne and acne.
Salicylic alcohol, bodyaga and cosmetic clay
It is necessary to combine 1 large spoon of powdered components, and then dilute it with a small amount of non-hot liquid. The mixture must be brought to the state of thick cream. Further, 6 drops of salicylic acid can be dropped into the suspension. The finished mass must be treated with clean skin on the face in problem areas. Leave the product on for 15-20 minutes and then rinse.
This is not the entire list of home remedies on the basis of this drug, which can be processed face. In addition to the listed components, you can also use calendula, lemon, sea buckthorn, sage, cucumber or rose petals.
In addition to folk remedies, the face will help to care and special medical cosmetics. There are whole product lines based on the described antiseptic, which are developed according to the type of skin. Means produced in the form of a gel, lotion, point of applicator, tonic or cream. This cosmetic products not bad copes with its task and helps to relieve inflammation, dryness, rashes on the face and prevents the formation of new acne.
To use medical cosmetological products, it is advisable to consult a doctor, since not all means can be combined with the described antiseptic preparation. Otherwise, the uncontrolled use of medical cosmetics in combination with an antiseptic can lead to undesirable consequences.
Our useful recommendations will help you eliminate a cosmetic defect in the form of acne on the skin of the face or at least slightly reduce their appearance. In this section, we collected some recommendations from doctors and dermatologists, which were supported by numerous experiments and passed a special test.. Therefore, the listed lifehacks can be easily implemented.
They consist in the following:
- Using too much of the drug leads to dry skin, which in turn activates the sebaceous glands. As a result, new foci of rash are formed, which will begin to inflame and bother even more.
- Apply the drug should be exclusively on pre-cleansed and prepared skin. Pre-steam baths or steaming can be done using a hot compress.
- Antiseptic should treat acne locally, without affecting healthy skin.
- Preventive procedures can be done 2 times a day — in the morning and evening.
- Allowed to apply to the entire face, which is very susceptible to skin rashes, only salicylic-zinc paste. The drug should be applied in a thin layer.
- In no case do not use salicylic acid as a basis for makeup, as, indeed, on top of foundation or powder.
- At the initial stage of treatment, you should use a less concentrated remedy, which is marked «1%».
- If the skin is very sensitive, then instead of an alcohol product, use a lotion that contains salicylic acid.
- During the prophylactic course, use moisturizers to prevent drying of the skin.
- Do not use this tool for too long to avoid addiction. The treatment course should not exceed 20 days. It is permissible to make a 2-week break between procedures.
In order to bring the skin to the desired result and reduce the number of acne and other skin rashes, during the treatment course, you can also make special masks. It is necessary to individually select exactly the means that will have an anti-inflammatory and drying effect. Also in complex treatment it is important to follow a special diet, in which there is no place for fast food, sweets, salty, fatty, spicy and fried foods. Take inside the vitamin and mineral complex, which will improve the condition of the skin, nails and hair.
Review your lifestyle, and if it contains bad habits in the form of alcohol abuse and smoking, then try to somehow deal with them.
We sincerely hope that our useful tips will help you to understand such an important issue as rashes on the skin. Thanks to them, you can significantly improve the condition of the skin and get rid once and for all of the cosmetic defect in the form of acne. We wish you good luck!