Sage for the face — the benefits and applications in cosmetology, mask recipes
Sage for face extraordinarily useful. This is generally an amazing medicinal plant that can heal the body, improve the condition of the skin, and take care of the beauty of the person as a whole. From this plant, you can make oil, decoctions, infusions, lotions and masks for the skin of the face. And it can also be taken orally for general healing and treatment of specific diseases. Let’s see what the benefits and harms of sage are, learn useful recipes for masks and decoctions.
The benefits and harms of the plant should be familiarized before use. Useful properties are due in many respects to the unique composition of the plant, as it contains:
- carnosic acid (this substance can reduce pain due to burns, prevent the negative effect of ultraviolet radiation, rejuvenate the skin and free radicals from it);
- ursolic acid (it allows to treat acne, eczema, acne and black spots, heal microcracks and wounds, and also effectively remove dead cells);
- flavonoids (these substances can prevent early aging, as well as minimize the risk of cancer and infectious diseases).
It is important! Sage for the skin of the face can be used absolutely for any skin type. It is also recommended to combine it with other plants. For example, for dry skin, it is possible to increase efficiency by mixing sage with chamomile and lavender, and for oily skin by adding wormwood, nettle, or St. John’s wort.
The use of sage for the face in any form will be shown for such problems as:
- acne, acne, eczema, black spots;
- pigmentation and unhealthy complexion;
- flabbiness and wrinkles;
- inflammations, including strong ones;
- desquamation and dryness;
- oily skin with dilated pores;
- excess of toxins in the skin;
- the need to strengthen the facial vessels and stimulate the lymph flow;
- protection from the harmful effects of sunlight;
- prevention of premature aging.
The harm of sage can be observed in cases where the plant has an allergic reaction. Also, in some cases, there may be an overdose when taking sage broth inside. Other problems according to numerous reviews were not noticed. In other words, it is enough to adhere to general recommendations, and then sage will not cause any harm to the body.
The use of sage for the face is presented in numerous ways. You can make ice from sage for massage, decoction or infusion for washing, tonic for cleansing the skin and a mask for rejuvenation. In cosmetology, it is often used all of the following tools, choosing ready-made cosmetics or preparing everything at home.
Sage essential oil is often used to massage. To do this, mix 5 ml of base oil with two drops of sage essential oil. Facial skin massage is performed in the usual way. All movements should be carried out, starting from the middle of the forehead to the temples, from the chin to the ears, counterclockwise around the eyelids, from the wings of the nose to the ears. The following exercises will be most effective:
- stroking to prepare the skin for stress;
- circular motions for kneading the skin and relieving muscle tension;
- light tapping and tapping to prepare for further loads;
- weak pressure, vibration and soft tingling to stimulate blood flow in the skin and skin regeneration;
- stroking to soothe the skin.
The massage will be useful for those who want to correct the shape of the face, strengthen the blood vessels, improve blood flow, get rid of swelling and puffiness, smooth out wrinkles and fashion a new relief of the skin. In addition, the massage as a whole is refreshing and rejuvenating. With it, you can even improve immune performance.
Tip! Before performing the massage, it is imperative to clean the skin. At a minimum, you need to get rid of decorative cosmetics, but in general deep cleaning is shown.
In addition, the essential oil will be effective for the enrichment of finished cosmetics, such as creams, emulsions and gels. It is enough to add 2-5 drops, depending on the volume of the finished product.
Sage ice can be used to massage and rub the skin. It is quite effective for the face, as it allows to strengthen the blood vessels, relieve swelling and stimulate the lymph flow.
Preparing ice is easy. Ingredients like:
- 7 grams of sage herb;
- 3 drops of sage essential oil;
- 3 grams of chamomile flowers;
- 120 ml of water.
To make ice, it is necessary to pour dry medicinal herbs with hot water (its temperature should be more than 70 degrees). The remedy should be infused for an hour, then add the essential oil and mix. After that, you need to strain the finished broth and pour it into forms. It remains only to put the broth in the freezer.
You can use the tool immediately after freezing. It is recommended to wipe the skin with an ice cube in the evening before applying a nourishing care product. The cryoprocessing is performed with smooth movements, moving along the lines of the lymph flow.
Tip! At the age of 30 years to maintain beauty and health of the skin will be enough to conduct a course of ten procedures. Then it can be repeated once every six months. But after the age of 35 you need to regularly maintain skin tone, performing two to four cryoprocesses per week.
Decoction of the plant — one of the best means to cleanse and maintain youthful skin. Such a composition will have an antibacterial and anti-aging effect. Cooking broth is extremely simple. You will need the following ingredients:
- 12 grams of dry grass;
- 270 ml of water.
To prepare the broth, you also need to prepare a glass or enameled container (pan, ladle, saucepan). In it you need to immerse the dry grass and pour it with hot water. After that, the container must be set on fire and cook over low heat. Cooking should not last longer than 20 minutes.
Next, the broth should cool down, then you can strain. It is best to pour the liquid into the container with the dispenser, but you can use an ordinary jar. Ready broth to wipe the face twice a day. In the presence of visible skin defects, such as acne, you can increase the amount of rubbing to four or five.
Tip! It is possible to supplement wiping the face with a decoction of sage with contrasting compresses. They are also made from the decoction of this plant. By the way, the same liquid can be used to prepare makeup removers and masks at home.
Infusion of sage for the face — it is an effective tool in the fight against acne, purulent formations and inflammations on the skin of the face. To prepare the tincture will need the following ingredients:
- 15 grams of sage herb;
- 150 ml of alcohol or vodka.
For the preparation of the infusion, you can use both dry and fresh grass. It should be placed in any suitable vessel, but it must be dark. Next, the grass should be poured with alcohol or vodka. And you can also use brandy. Infuse the liquid should for eight days. To do this, the container should be installed in a cool place. From time to time you need to shake the bottle.
The use of sage infusion involves wiping problem areas with acne or acne. It is important to carry out the procedure daily in order to quickly cope with inflammatory skin processes.
Worth knowing! You can additionally prepare a lotion in which the tincture and herbal decoction (sage or a combination of herbs) will be combined in equal doses. Such a remedy will be especially effective for combination or oily skin. If you need to increase the concentration of lotion, you can simply add a little more sage tincture.
Useful face masks allow you to heal the skin, soothe it, stop or prevent age-related changes. There are many different recipes for masks, and the most effective are given in the table, which shows the necessary ingredients for the preparation and application features.
Effect of use
Preparation and use
With sage oil
It will take 7 drops of sage oil, 8 drops of avocado oil, 12 grams of buckwheat flour, 5 drops of retinol
Soothing skin, stopping age-related changes
It is necessary to grind in a coffee grinder buckwheat groats to a state of powder, or immediately use the flour. Nutritious oils and retinol should be added to the flour. The resulting mixture should be poured with herbal decoction (a sage decoction and liquid from a combination of herbs will do).
The mask should be applied to the face with soft massage movements (preferably circular). After fifteen minutes, the product can be washed off. It is recommended to use for this fruit tea.
For the mask you need to prepare 6 drops of sage ether, 17 drops of grape oil, some freshly brewed green tea, 11 grams of clay (pink or red will do)
Getting rid of acne, purulent rashes and pustules
It is necessary to dilute the selected clay with green tea (it should be freshly made). The result should be a mass that resembles the consistency of pasta. Further, oils are introduced into it.
Before applying the mask, it is necessary to steam out the skin of the face using a hot compress or steam bath, then the composition should be distributed over the skin (a spatula is suitable for this). The mask must be kept on the face for 20 minutes. The final step is to perform a contrast wash.
It is necessary to prepare 4 grams of shea butter, 14 grams of cocoa powder, 20 ml of sage broth
Restoration of skin elasticity, increase of elasticity, smoothing of wrinkles
It is necessary to dilute the cocoa powder with sage decoction (it should be warm). In the liquid mass you need to enter the oil, which was previously melted.
Before applying the mask you need to steam out the skin using a hot compress or using a steam bath. Next you need to apply the tool on the skin, avoiding the eyelid area. After half an hour you can wash off the mask. It is advisable to use for this decoction of lime. In conclusion, you need to moisturize the skin. Coconut oil is ideal for this.
Sage and Starch
It will take 18 grams of starch, 6 drops of sage essential oil, 7 grams of milk powder
Lifting effect with a pronounced result
Potato starch and milk powder should be mixed and diluted with warm tea. Next, the agent is injected sage ether.
Before applying the face mask is recommended to steam (suitable herbal steam bath). Mass should be distributed on the skin of the face, moving from the chin to the cheekbones and forehead. Twenty-five minutes later, you can rinse off with water, in which a little pomegranate oil is diluted.
Sage and Chamomile
Take 9 grams of sour cream, 2 grams of chamomile flowers, 3 grams of sage herb, 9 grams of oatmeal
Improving complexion, fighting with uneven pigmentation, accelerating blood flow, preserving skin elasticity and youth
Dry herbs need to grind to a powder with a coffee grinder. Then they need to be mixed with flour and fresh sour cream.
Before applying the mask you need to wash off decorative cosmetics. The finished mass should be distributed over the skin and wash off after twelve minutes. At the end it is recommended to moisturize the skin with rice oil.
You should take 22 grams of avocado, 15 ml of sage broth, yolk
Restoration of skin structure, nutrition, vitamin saturation
You should prepare the fruit pulp, pereterev it into mush. In the same mixture, you should add the yolk and warm herbal decoction. The mask should be mixed well — and it is ready for use.
It is recommended to put means in a prone position, eyes can be closed. You can cover all areas of the face. After forty minutes, you can remove the mask using a damp cotton swab.
For oily skin
2 drops of lemon balm ether, 4 drops of sage oil, 11 grams of yeast, 12 drops of wheat oil
Cleansing and blocking the spread of infections
Yeast should be dissolved in mineral water. Next, the mixture is injected with essential oils.
Before applying the mask should be cleaned from the face of decorative cosmetics. Then you can apply a mask, hold for ten minutes and rinse (it is best to use lime water).
Intake is quite possible. But you need to know when you can drink broths, infusions and teas from sage. It is important to remember that the plant has some contraindications. Ingestion is indicated in many cases due to the antibacterial properties of the plant.. In this case, all parts of the plant are useful.
The most useful decoction and infusion of sage for such purposes as:
- treatment of minor burns, frostbite, skin diseases, including eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis (it is recommended to use gauze wipes, which are specially impregnated with decoction of the plant);
- reduction of sweating (help infusion and with febrile sweating, while the process stops very quickly, and the duration of the result is maintained for 2-3 hours);
- treatment of diseases of the thoracic system and respiratory organs, including tuberculosis;
- indigestion and intestinal upset (sage is used in combination with other herbs in gastric and laxative preparations);
- treatment of a number of diseases: articular rheumatism, hepatitis, infectious diseases of the oral cavity, hypothyroidism;
- hair loss prevention;
- memory improvement;
- getting rid of senile trembling hands.
Sage is used in traditional medicine as an astringent, choleretic, expectorant, painkiller and diuretic. In modern medicine, on the basis of sage, preparations are made that are prescribed during menopause, for obesity, for improving mental activity, for increasing potency, for getting rid of infertility. Many folk healers recommend using an infusion of sage seeds with linden to increase the chances of conceiving a child.
It is important! Sage has some contraindications. These include allergic reactions, acute nephritis, epilepsy, the period of gestation and lactation (there is a likelihood of reduced milk production), amenorrhea, problems with the functioning of the thyroid gland. And also do not give a decoction of the plant to children under the age of two years.
It should be remembered that sage is not a miracle cure for all diseases and problems. But with proper use, it can improve health. But improper use threatens overdose, which manifests itself in the form of general intoxication of the body and severe headaches.
General recommendations will suggest the correct use of sage in any form. So, pay attention to the following tips:
- Sage has a strong spicy aroma and slightly bitter taste. This makes the plant popular for use in the food industry. Often sage is used as a component for marinades, soups, salads, meat, fish and vegetable dishes.
- The plant can be added to tea or completely brew drinks based on it. This practice is especially common in China, where they make teas from clary sage leaves.
- You can make a homemade deodorant from sage and alum hydrolat. You can buy these components in any cosmetic store. Preparing the tool is very simple. It will be necessary to take alum and hydrolat in equal amounts and cook over low heat for two hours before evaporation of the liquid. Next, it will remain to pour the product into forms and wait for it to set (usually it is 10-24 hours).
- Sage helps to cope with swelling under the eyes. To do this, you need to prepare a compress from the decoction (it is prepared from two tablespoons of herbs and a glass of water). Compresses are placed on the area around the eyes, wetting alternately in cold and warm broth and soaking for 30-60 seconds. It is recommended to repeat the procedure 3-5 times.
- To cleanse and maintain skin tone, you can use a sage steam bath (you need to mix a tablespoon of lime blossom, inflorescences of chamomile, birch leaves, willow and mint, oak bark and sage, then pour the mixture with 1-1.5 liters of water and bring to a boil ). It remains to steam the skin. In conclusion, you need to put on the skin nourishing cream. The optimal time to repeat the procedure is 2-3 times a month. You can get rid of black dots, cleanse the skin as a whole.
Sage — a good helper in the fight for beauty. You can use the most appropriate recipe, given the skin type and the desired effect. Efficiency can be improved by combining methods in the home. The effectiveness of each of the described methods of rejuvenation and healing of the skin is proved by numerous reviews of those who have already tried the recipes in practice.