How to do at home an effective peeling for the face
In their desire to look good, ladies have to spend many hours on all sorts of procedures. But what if it is difficult to allocate time to visit a beautician, or financial difficulties?
In this situation, you can do peeling at home. If you follow all the rules of the procedure, you can get an excellent result, which will differ little from the results of the visit to the professionals. But to learn how to do home peeling for the face, you should learn as much as possible about all the nuances associated with it.
Definition of the procedure, its types
The procedure of face peeling involves the removal of dead skin cells of the first layer. After it, not only the color, but also the texture of the epidermis improves significantly. A good peeling can get rid of small wrinkles and age spots, it also helps to narrow pores and improve the overall condition of the skin.
There are two types of this procedure.
- Mechanical. It is carried out with the help of various cosmetic products with a grinding effect. As a rule, it is scrubs or gommage. Mechanical peeling at home is quite simple. Ingredients for making cosmetics can be found in your home. For example, it may be walnut shells, various grains, seeds from fruits, etc. The main condition is that small, hard particles are present, which will mechanically remove dead skin cells, providing pore cleansing and controlling the level of skin oily skin.
- Chemical. Means the use of cosmetics, which contain certain acids that can exfoliate the upper part of the skin and ensure its recovery. There are 3 types of procedures of this type:
Chemical peeling of the face at home is not recommended, as non-professional use of such products can lead to significant skin damage. Also, do not do a deep facial peeling at home.
Such a procedure is equivalent to a medical one, and it is very important to have adequate education and skills for its implementation. Deep peeling at home, carried out by an untrained person, can have many unfortunate consequences: chemical burns of varying severity, the appearance of scars on the face, acceleration of the epidermis wilting, and other unpleasant surprises. Therefore, if you are not an expert in the question of how to make a deep facial peeling at home, it is advisable to confine yourself to a superficial cleansing, maintaining the youth and beauty of your skin.
Indications and limitations of the procedure
To do peeling at home or in the salon should be only if there are indications for its conduct:
- if you have skin with enlarged pores and prone to fat, which requires regular cleansing due to the large amount of impurities that penetrate into the inner layer of the epidermis;
- if your skin began to fade, it became dull and flabby.
However, this does not mean that peeling for normal skin is contraindicated. It can be done to owners of this type of epidermis without fear, but it should be borne in mind that frequent mechanical and especially chemical effects for no apparent reason are not beneficial. Just follow the measure, conducting procedures not too often — 1 time in 3-4 weeks.
However, there are contraindications for peeling, which must be considered when making a decision:
- if there is a strong inflammatory process with a large number of purulent acne — in this case, you create a risk of hitting the focus of inflammation and deterioration of the skin;
- if any diseases of the skin type are present;
- if there are unhealed wounds, traces of stitches and other injuries on the epidermis;
- if the skin is thin with hypersensitivity, this procedure should be used with caution — no more than 1 time in 10 days, choosing a gommage to prevent any damage.
If you are not completely sure about the safety of home peeling, it is better to limit yourself to masks and mild cleansers. If the condition of the skin of the face indicates the need for this procedure, it is desirable to resort to the services of professional masters.
And for those women who are sure that they are suitable for facial peeling at home and recipes can be selected from a variety of existing ones, based on the type of skin and its condition, we will give the following tips.
Peeling options depending on skin type
In order to decide how to make a peel yourself, you need to consider a number of factors. It is necessary to proceed from the type of skin and the problem you want to solve. It should be borne in mind that improperly selected peeling products not only do not bring the desired result, but can also lead to additional skin problems. Therefore, choose a recipe, solely by the type of epidermis.
So, how to make a facial peeling at home by determining your skin type. There are many recipes from which you can choose the most suitable for you.
Remedies for skin with high fat content
For oily skin, you can use the following recipes.
- Put in a container 2 tsp of regular table salt, add 2 tbsp. spoon favorite cream, mix thoroughly. Apply on face and wash off after 25 minutes. It is possible that the first use of this tool will burn a little. If the discomfort increases, immediately wash off the mixture and apply a moisturizer.
- Clay based peeling is considered effective. It is perfect for problem skin. Dissolve cosmetic clay (white) with warm water and place in a deep bowl. The amount of mass should be enough for 2 tbsp. spoons. Grind in a blender almonds (5 pieces), flax seeds (10 pieces), put in the prepared container and mix gently. Apply to face with light massaging movements, after 5 minutes, rinse off with warm water.
Remedies for skin prone to dryness
How to make a face peeling, if the skin needs additional hydration? The following recipes will help.
- Take 1 medium sized apple, 2-3 strawberry berries, put in a blender and chop. The resulting gruel lubricate the face, gently massaging it at the same time, and wash it with cool water at a comfortable temperature.
- Dilute lemon juice with warm boiled water in equal proportions. Dipping a cotton swab into the mixture, wipe the face several times, then apply a moisturizer without washing. The mixture prepared according to this recipe will also help the skin prone to fading, get rid of wrinkles. It can be used for additional toning and giving the face a healthy glow.
Remedies for normal skin
Home facial peeling for this skin type is prophylactic. To maintain the natural beauty you can use the following recipes.
- Approximately 2-3 tablespoons of oatmeal crush in a blender, dilute with a small amount of cooled boiled water to obtain a mushy consistency. Apply the mixture on your face, gently massage it to improve the effect and wash with warm water.
- If there is a tropical fruit on hand, they can also be used for self peeling. For example, you can use the following simple recipe: grind papaya and pineapple in a blender in equal proportions (150 g each), add a little honey until you get a watery consistency. Apply the mixture on the face with a thick layer, leave for 4-6 minutes, then rinse with cool water.
- A powerful charge of vitamins will provide the skin with peeling according to the following recipe: mix 200 g of red currant and 100 g of grapes of any kind mixed and chopped in a blender. Lubricate the face with the resulting juice and leave for 10 minutes.
If the skin is combined
How to do peeling correctly if you are the owner of a mixed skin type? In this case, you should use different means on different parts of the face.
Recipes are suitable for the T-zone for enlarged pores and oily shine, and for the rest of the face — means for moisturizing. You can also use options designed for normal skin type.
Actions after peeling
After the purification procedure has been carried out, attention should be paid to fixing the effect. So, the obligatory final stage of any peeling is the application of a moisturizing cream. If you skip the procedure of additional moisturizing, the feeling of tightness of the skin will be disturbed for quite a long time.
You should also observe the time interval. The product may be on the skin for no longer than 20 minutes. In most cases it is necessary to wash immediately after using the prepared mixture.
The regularity of the procedure depends on the type of skin. On average, peeling is done 2 times a month. But if you are the owner of thin skin with hypersensitivity, the number of procedures should be reduced to 1 time. Young ladies with combination or oily skin can do peeling every 10-12 days.
Thus, the home procedure for cleansing the skin from dead particles has many nuances. In order for the peeling to be effective and not have any negative effects, use reasonable caution. Choose the right recipes for you, follow the time interval and complete the procedure with additional moisturizing of the skin. If you do everything right, your skin will look young, clean, beautiful and radiant without visiting professional salons.