The benefits of natural masks in the fight against dry hair
Masks for dry hair designed to help beauties escape from this problem. Dry and brittle hair becomes a real catastrophe for every woman, because simultaneously with dryness, itching, burning, irritation and a feeling of tightness are acquired immediately. The hairs themselves look dull and unkempt, lose volume and attractive shine. Very often, the problem of dry hair affects residents of modern megacities, because the constant poor ecological environment, unhealthy diet, stress, and improper care lead to thinning hair, impaired hair supply, they become more dry and prone to damage. Moreover, with age, the scalp ceases to perform the lipid function correctly, and the hair sections do not receive the necessary amount of excreted fat.
As a rule, the assortment of modern stores is replete with regenerating, nourishing and moisturizing agents for dry hair, but at the same time you should be extremely careful with them. Their content consists of complex chemical compounds, which does not always help to perform the intended function, besides very often, the use of commercially produced shampoos, balms and masks leads to a result, but very short-term. That is, they simply hide the problem, instead of solving it, and therefore they have to constantly buy a “magic” bottle all the time. But the cost of such goods, as a rule, is not small, moreover, it will increase with the increase in the composition of natural components. And therefore, is it not worth trying to make these most natural components work for the benefit of yourself?
It will be much more effective to prepare nutritional masks for dry hair by yourself, because only this way you can control the freshness of the products used in the preparation, you will be confident in the absolute quality of the mask and its beneficial effect on your curls. As a rule, homemade masks for dry hair are designed to combat this problem, and therefore contain components that are responsible for filling the hair shaft and bulbs with moisture and nutrients, giving hair elasticity, smoothing scales and preventing such a thing as split ends. Such components very often surround us, and we can safely use them in the fight for a beautiful hairstyle, without any harm to the family budget:
- nutritious oils and oil solutions of vitamins;
- dairy products;
- fruits and vegetables;
- various herbs and vegetable ingredients.
And this is not a complete list of those products that are used for the preparation of therapeutic compositions. Since ancient times, in every region, people have become accustomed to taking those herbs and ingredients that can easily be obtained there. Therefore, in recipes of natural masks for dry damaged hair, you can find a wide variety of exotic ingredients, for example, there are products such as cocoa butter, avocado, coconut milk, lamb fat and many others.
Honey — is really a «panacea» for any problems associated with hair. Due to the presence of a huge amount of nutrients and beneficial compounds such as glucose, fructose, citric, tartaric, lactic and malic acids, amino acids, mineral salts, vitamins, propolis really has unique qualities and abilities. Delicious and fragrant honey can be useful not only when used as a food product, but also as an ingredient of medicinal mixtures can truly make a miracle.
So, we offer you the best options for honey masks:
- Grind medium onion with a blender in mashed potatoes and add six tablespoons of pure honey. This mixture is first rubbed with fingertips into the skin of the head to improve blood circulation, and then spread over all the hair. Wrap cling film and a heated towel, wear a mask for one hour. After that, a large amount of cold water wash the composition. If the smell of onion still remains, you can rinse your head with warm water with a few drops of rosemary and lemon essential oils.
- Peel one medium-sized potato fruit, chop it on a grater and squeeze juice using gauze. Mix two scoops of this juice with an equal amount of honey, add four teaspoons of aloe juice. Rub this mixture into the scalp should be very intense, only then you can distribute it over all the strands. You can hold this mask for up to two hours under a warm cap of film and a towel. Then you need to rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- Two measured spoons of dried flowers of the pharmaceutical chamomile pour boiling water in the amount of 100 grams. and within 15 minutes bring the broth to readiness in a water bath. Cool slightly and strain the broth, stir in two tablespoons of honey. Apply this mixture first on the scalp, then on all hair. Wrap a film and a warm towel over your head and wear for an hour and a half. After that, thoroughly rinse the head, you can using egg yolk.
Since ancient times, oils have always been present in body and hair care products in almost every world culture. And this is not in vain. Natural base and essential oils are able to cope with almost any problem related to health and beauty. A variety of oils, each of which has a directional effect, will allow you to combine them in the combination of the course that will cope with your problem.
The most effective recipes for oil masks for dry hair:
- Heat three tablespoons of the oil slightly in a water bath and mix with a teaspoon of ylang-ylang, add 5 drops of rosemary oil. When the mixture is at room temperature, mix the juice of half a lemon and a tablespoon of brandy into it. Apply this mixture over the entire length of the hair and on the skin of the head, then wrap the head with a film and a towel. This mask can be kept for quite a long time, two or three hours, and it is better to leave it all night. Sutra rinse thoroughly with a mild shampoo.
- In a clean bowl, mix two tablespoons of castor oil, one and a half tablespoons of cold-pressed olive oil, a teaspoon of coconut oil and a few drops of avocado, rosemary and ylang-ylang oil. Heat the mixture in a water bath to body temperature to better mix the ingredients and absorb the mask into the hair. Begin to rub the mixture first into the hair roots with a swab or soft brush, and then apply a brush to all strands and wrap with a film. This mask should be kept for at least three hours and only after that rinse with plenty of warm water with a mild shampoo.
- Oily wrapping will be very useful for dry hair. Take one or more oils from this list: flaxseed, burdock, olive, poppy, castor, peach. Heat to 60 degrees. Then dip a few gauze napkins into this oil, divide the hair into strands and wrap each strand with a napkin. After that, wrap your head with a wrap and a towel. From time to time direct the stream of hot air with a hair dryer to a towel to maintain the temperature inside the cap. After two hours you can wash off the oil with a mild shampoo.
Dairy products due to their composition, which includes calcium, protein, yeast, lactic acid bacteria, various vitamins, are excellent moisturizers, enveloping each hair with a special film, keeping moisture inside it and protecting its trunk from the harmful effects of the environment. For owners of too dry scalp and hair kefir can even act as a shampoo. Masks on the basis of kefir can be supplemented with other ingredients that can enhance the therapeutic effects of fermented milk product.
The best recipes for kefir masks for dry damaged hair:
- Take half a cup of kefir or sour milk and mix it with one tablespoon of dry mustard. Add a teaspoon of vitamins A and E. Apply very intensively on the hair roots, and then on all strands. Do not wrap up. Keep the mask for about one hour. This mask, besides having a strong moisturizing effect, also activates the hair follicles, accelerating their activity.
- Dissolve in half a cup of kefir in one scoop of oatmeal, heavy cream and coconut oil. Apply the mask and wrap a plastic cap and a warm towel. You can keep this mixture for several hours, preferably all night. Then rinse thoroughly with a mild shampoo and rinse your hair with one liter of water with the juice of one lemon squeezed into it.
- Soak a few slices of rye bread in half a cup of kefir and whisk with a blender. Add a few drops of rosemary and chamomile. Apply this mixture for one hour on your hair under a warm plastic cap and rinse with a mild shampoo.
Recipes for fighting dry hair based on eggs
For the preparation of egg masks, only one yolk is always taken, since it is enriched with all the beneficial trace elements and nutritional components. In addition, when washing the head, the protein can simply coagulate, even with warm water rather than hot, and you will get scrambled eggs instead of shiny curls. The yolk in such recipes can act as an independent ingredient, and can also be enriched with additional natural ingredients.
Excellent options for egg masks for dry hair are such recipes:
- Beat the yolks of two eggs with a mixer with two spoons of grape seed oil and one spoon of honey. Add fifteen drops of vitamin E to the mixture and brush with it the entire length of the strands. Maintain such a mask as long as possible. Rinse with slightly warm water with a small amount of soft baby shampoo.
- Whip one egg yolk with one tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice, add a little cognac and ten grams of pressed yeast. Let the composition stand for ten minutes in a warm place to activate the yeast and apply gradually, strand by strand on the head. Create a sauna effect with film and towel for one hour and rinse with warm water.
- Crush in a coffee grinder the shell of one egg to a powdery state. Mix one yolk with a mixer with two tablespoons of jojoba oil, and chopped pulp of one cucumber. Stir in the egg shell powder and apply to your hair for one hour under the warming cap. Wash off in one hour with warm water and a mild shampoo.
Homemade masks for dry hair based on fruits and vegetables
Fruits and vegetables contain in their composition unique acids and micronutrients that can turn dull and brittle hair into elegant shiny, tight and bulky curls. When making a mask, try to use those fruits, the season of which is at this time, because it is the only way to get the maximum of useful substances, and not to get allergies caused by chemicals that process the fruits in “out of season” for their best preservation.
So, we give you the best recipes for homemade masks for dry hair based on vegetables and fruits:
- Blend two apricots into a blender into a state of mashed potatoes and mix with three measuring spoons of fresh cottage cheese. Add one spoonful of sour cream and mix thoroughly. Apply this composition to your hair before washing for half an hour. Warming is optional.
- Crush one banana with a fork, add one tablespoon of fine oat flour and a couple of spoons of burdock oil. Apply and wrap a film and a warm towel for half an hour before going to wash your hair.
- One peeled cucumber and a few leaves of sorrel carefully chop in a blender. Add one tablespoon of homemade sour cream and, dividing the hair into strands, alternately apply with a brush on each of our composition. It is not necessary to wrap the head, on the contrary, boldly expose the head under the rays of the sun to oxidize the composition and obtain the necessary acids. Wash your hair in half an hour with a mild shampoo.
The kingdom of herbs is very large, the variety of useful plants allows you to choose the necessary components for any hair type. Of course, there are gifts of nature with a strong moisturizing effect.
So, a wonderful moisturizing mask for dry hair based on herbs:
- Pound two tablespoons of green tea in a mortar. In a blender, chop the fresh leaves of plantain, sage and mint. Mix tea and mashed fresh herbs and pour a glass of boiling water over it. Let the infusion become stronger for half an hour. Add a few pieces of rye bread and use a blender to make a homogeneous mass. First, try to treat the hair roots well, and then the entire length. Flush the mask should be no earlier than one hour.
- Take a handful of lime leaves, young nettle and chamomile pharmacy. Pour a glass of boiling water and warm in a water bath. Then, without straining, dilute with dry sourdough for kvass to sour cream thickness. After applying this mask, it is imperative to warm the film cap and towel and keep it for at least an hour.
- Henna (colorless or coloring) dilute with hot decoction of chamomile to the required thickness. Add a few drops of vitamins A and E. Very quickly, while the mask is hot, apply it on the divided strands of hair from root to tip. Rinse off in half an hour. With such a mask should be careful, it has a coloring result.
The recipes presented are just a small drop in the world of traditional medicine and self-care with the help of natural products. Each girl will be able to choose exactly those recipes that will help to cope with the problems, at the same time without causing harm and without causing allergic reactions. Of course, achieving the best result is possible only with the constant use of masks. Therefore, experiment, choose and be always beautiful!
Masks for hair growth — recipes for homemade masks, professional tools
Brazilian hair extensions (braids or weaving)
Natural orange shampoo do it yourself
Shaving rules for women, anti-ingrowth after shaving