Is artificial eyelash extension harmful?
Modern cosmetology allows you to fix almost any flaw in appearance. There is no problem in “drawing” new eyebrows for yourself, to increase lips or to increase nails. Another thing is how natural the result looks, is it not a vulgar woman in a new look? Yes, and the issue of security procedures is also important. And if only few are resolved for radical changes, then the eyelash extension service, which is innocent compared to other interventions, is especially popular now. Why?
Not everyone has thick and dark lashes from nature, and every day it is tiring to do a thorough makeup for many. But before you go to the procedure in the beauty parlor, you need to figure out whether it is harmful to increase eyelashes?
Why do women increase eyelashes
Long eyelashes, curving up, give the look of mystery and expressiveness. Usually, women paint their eyes with mascara, but thanks to artificial cilia the need to do makeup every day disappears. Masters can build in two techniques:
With the help of special glue, cilia made of artificial materials are attached to natural ones. The procedure takes from one and a half to three hours. After two or three weeks, you will need to make a correction, or remove artificial materials. As a rule, increase the eyelashes of the upper eyelid. The service of giving volume to the bottom row of eyelashes is practically not in demand.
Correctly perform the procedure can only be a qualified master who has completed the relevant courses and has a certificate. Unfortunately, there are many so-called “self-taught” in the field of beauty. The result of their work is often disappointing customers, who notice that after the procedure, «native» cilia have deteriorated.
The procedure is interested in women who want to try something new, improve their appearance and become even more beautiful. But since taking care of one’s health is always in the first place, the question of whether eyelash extension is harmful remains relevant. After all, the Internet has a lot of negative reviews about this procedure.
Why eyelash extension harms them
Even the highest quality and thin artificial hairs give a noticeable load. Under the weight of extended eyelashes natural does not rest at all, and over time they begin to weaken. Cilia will deteriorate, but not sharply, but in 2-3 months or even six months. This is the main harm extended eyelashes. Normally, all the hairs on our body are constantly growing and renewing, and the old ones fall out. Usually, a person does not even notice how this happens. If the procedure is performed technically illiterately, the eyelash can not fall out and gets stuck in artificial hairs. This is a threat to the eyes, because it can trigger the development of the inflammatory process.
Also, the use of low-quality materials by the master does not promise anything good. They stay worse, look cheap and are more likely to cause allergies. Unfortunately, customers often do not have the opportunity to understand what materials are used in the cabin, and they have to trust the master with the word.
What happens to the natural eyelashes after the procedure
After the removal of synthetic materials, women often feel that almost nothing is left of the natural cilia. This is not entirely true, they could simply deteriorate, become shorter, thinner and lighter, and now they no longer look so impressive. For some time the hairs can actively fall out or grow worse. This reaction is quite natural, because the cilia for a long time were under the weight of the weight of glued villi.
Also, girls often notice that from building their eyes often began to water. This suggests that the wrong glue is used, causing irritation on the delicate skin around the eyes. If the eyes are watering, there is a burning sensation and discomfort in them, then it is necessary to consult a doctor, after removing the synthetic «beauty».
Are there any contraindications
As with any beauty service, capacity can have negative consequences. Here is a list of contraindications, in the presence of which it is better to refuse the service:
- Tendency to allergic reactions. For allergy sufferers, the procedure may increase the risk of unwanted reactions to both the artificial material and the adhesive.
- Inflammatory diseases of the eye: blepharitis, conjunctivitis, keratitis, barley.
- Too dry, dehydrated skin in the eyelids. With such a skin, it is shown to be moistened with cosmetics based on natural ingredients. Any creams, gels, emulsions slightly oily skin, because of this cilia can peel off.
- Strong loss of eyelashes. If the natural hairs are too weak and actively fall out, the extension will not solve the problem. The problem will only get worse and reach a critical point, when the eyelids will remain completely «bare.»
- Psoriasis is a non-infectious skin disease.
- The procedure is not recommended for girls who wear contact lenses. Each day, inserting and removing them, they will disturb the cilia, because of what they may require correction ahead of time.
- It is also recommended to refrain from building up in the presence of diseases such as bronchial asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, tuberculosis, as well as with banal flu or a cold.
That’s what may affect the term of the eyelashes: dyeing them with paint, taking antibiotics, oily skin, using oily makeup removers.
Proper care of your eyelashes
What to do if, after removing the lash extensions, they become thin, light and weak? Here are some simple rules for caring for them:
- It is necessary to take as a rule every day to wash off cosmetics for the night, using for this purpose soft cleansers suitable for a particular skin type. You can not rub and stretch the skin in the eyelids.
- Natural oils will help to make hairs stronger and darker. It is best to use castor. It should be applied to the brush (you can use a washed brush from the old mascara), and then carefully comb the eyelashes. The procedure is most convenient to perform at night. Also suitable almond, burdock, sea buckthorn oil, wheat germ oil.
- Eyelashes should be regularly brushed with a clean and dry brush. So they will look more neat, in addition, stimulates the growth of new hairs.
These actions take only a few minutes a day, but the result is not long in coming.
As a rule, fashion trends replace each other pretty quickly. If now eyelash extension is included in the list of the most popular services, then after a year or two, the demand for this procedure may drop sharply. But their own, natural eyelashes will be badly damaged, and it will take a lot of effort to restore them.
Therefore, the best solution is to use natural products to strengthen eyelashes and shine with natural beauty.