Lose weight at home: how to make a honey wrap
From time immemorial, women cared for the beauty of their bodies, sought to make it slim and fit. Many centuries ago they used for this wrapping. And now, after several centuries, the once forgotten procedure has again become popular: SPA centers and beauty salons in vain offer to try the unique wraps action on themselves. Honey is considered to be one of the best wrapping procedures. Is it possible to make a honey wrap at home?
What are honey wrappings for?
First, let’s look at what honey wrapping is and how it works. The basis of this cosmetic method is the so-called «greenhouse» effect. For body wraps, a food wrap is used, which is tightly wound onto problem areas — thighs, buttocks, and belly. Due to the increase in local temperature, excess moisture is removed from the subcutaneous layer, and thus a reduction in body volume is achieved in precisely those places where it is needed.
In addition, wraps help get rid of cellulite, as they improve blood circulation and speed up the metabolism in the upper and deep layers of the skin.
There is also a cold wrap. It does not create a «greenhouse» effect, but it acts just as well, constricting blood vessels and removing the swelling of tissues. The cooling ingredient is, as a rule, citrus essential oils: they increase vascular tone well and help to cope with annoying cellulite well.
The use of honey increases the effectiveness of wrapping procedures. This component has a very active action and perfectly affects the skin, moisturizing, toning and saturating it with nutrients. Wrapping honey allows you to make the skin supple, smooth and taut.
Those who are planning to seriously use a wrap with honey for weight loss, you need to keep in mind that this procedure, although it allows you to remove extra centimeters on the legs, buttocks and waist, has nothing to do with the true burning of calories. As already mentioned, when using food film, extra fluid is removed from the subcutaneous layer, but the adipose tissue does not decrease. In addition, the remote moisture returns to the site very quickly, so the result achieved must be supported by physical exercise and proper nutrition.
Nevertheless, the recipes for honey wraps are very useful when you urgently need to adjust the figure for a short time — for example, reduce a few centimeters at the waist to put on a new dress for an important event and look stunning. In addition, food film in combination with honey mixtures is indeed one of the most effective anti-cellulite remedies.
We make honey wrappings correctly
It is very important to know how to make a honey wrap — it depends on this whether you get the desired result. Before starting the session, you need to do a little preparation — this will help make the wrapping procedure more efficient. Honey wrapping at home begins with a shower to thoroughly cleanse the skin of impurities, excess sebum and dead cells. Be sure to use a scrub or soft peeling.
Homemade honey wrap for weight loss can be hot or cold, and this also needs to be considered when preparing for the procedure. If you use a warming mixture, before applying to the skin it should be heated in a water bath so that the product becomes slightly warm. It is not necessary to do this with cold wraps: the finished mixture is immediately applied to the body.
Honey should be applied to the skin in a thin, even layer. After that, the film should be wound from top to bottom in several layers. Choose a dense and durable film material, otherwise you will not be able to wrap the body properly.
For the warming up procedure, the subsequent wrapping is a blanket or woolen cloth, and in the case of cold wrapping this is not required. The duration of exposure may be different — from 20 minutes to 1.5 hours. Everything will depend on what mixture is applied to the skin.
Wrapping can be made even more effective if you perform physical exercises during the procedure or move actively while doing household chores. But if you choose recipes in which, in addition to honey, there are components with a “burning” action (for example, mustard or pepper), then it is best to just lie down quietly, covered with a blanket, otherwise you will have unpleasant feelings and strong skin irritation.
After the end of the cosmetic session, you need to take a shower again, rinse off the mixture, and then apply a nourishing cream on the skin, at the same time making a light massage with stroking and pinching movements.
Before you make a honey wrap for weight loss at home, make sure that you do not have contraindications to such procedures. These include:
- breastfeeding period;
- malignant tumors;
- endocrine system pathology
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels;
- varicose veins (applies to hot wraps);
- diseases of the uterus and appendages;
- injuries and inflammation of the skin;
- fungal infections of the skin;
- individual intolerance to the components of the mixture.
Having ascertained that home wraps do no harm to you, you can safely proceed to the cosmetic procedure. In order to achieve a noticeable effect, it is recommended to carry out at least 10 procedures within 1 month (2-3 sessions per week). After that, you must take a break for 30 days, and then the course can be repeated by reducing the total number of wraps to 7-8.
Wrapping treatments: 5 best recipes
Recipes for homemade wraps are quite numerous. It is believed that compositions with a warming effect give the best result, but those who suffer from lower limb varicosity should opt for cold wraps recipes — they do not harm diseased leg vessels.
In addition, it is very important to use good honey. It must be natural, because the artificial confectionary substitute will have no benefit for the body. Make sure that the bee product has a liquid consistency — such nectar is much easier to apply to the skin, unlike the one that has already sugared. Many recipes suggest heating honey in a water bath.
It is indeed permissible to do this for cosmetic purposes, but with great care, so as not to destroy the beneficial substances contained in this delicacy. Remember that nectar should be only slightly warm, but by no means hot.
Those who are thinking about how to make a honey mixture for wrapping their own hands, will use the following instructions:
- Mix the warmed honey and natural ground coffee in a 2: 1 ratio, apply to cleansed skin and wrap the area with film for 40-45 minutes. Coffee particles perfectly tone the skin and have an additional scrubbing effect.
- To prepare a warming mixture based on mustard and honey, 30 g of mustard powder must be dissolved in 50 ml of hot water and the resulting mass combined with 2 tbsp. l bee nectar. The mixture is applied to the skin and covered with cellophane for 30-40 minutes. To enhance the effect, you can add to the composition of 1 tsp. ground cinnamon.
- Honey and milk wrap perfectly nourishes the skin and perfectly fights cellulite. It will need 10 Art. l honey and 5 tbsp. l of milk. The exposure time is up to 1 hour.
- “Burning” recipe with the addition of ground red pepper is suitable for those who want to quickly remove extra centimeters: this mixture affects the skin very intensively. To prepare the composition, you must take 100 g of honey nectar and 1 tsp. pepper. If your skin is very sensitive, the amount of burning ingredient must be halved. Leave a lot under the film can be for 15-20 minutes. Be careful: a hot honey wrap with pepper can cause severe irritation of the skin, so with a strong burning sensation, the mixture should be immediately washed off.
- For cold wrapping procedures in honey it is enough to add 2-4 drops of essential oil of lemon, grapefruit, orange or mint. Do not overdo it with the amount of plant extract — this can lead to redness and burning of the skin. The duration of the mask is 40-50 minutes.
Do not forget that any of these recipes must be checked for compatibility with your skin: before applying the product to the body, a small part of the finished composition should be spread on the delicate parts of the inside of the elbow bend or wrist and leave for 10-15 minutes. If you have an intolerance to one or more components of the mixture, your skin will certainly respond to them with the appearance of itching, redness and burning. In this case, you should choose another recipe.
When used properly, homemade honey wraps provide amazing and fast results. Use the right product, follow the procedure guidelines and be irresistible!