What herbs can be good for hair?
Herbal tea and herbal infusions have always been used by women to strengthen and heal hair. Even in the XXI century, when shelves of shops burst with a huge amount of shampoos and balsams, natural herbal remedies are very popular. Herbal decoctions for hair favorably affect both curls and scalp, but you need to know in more detail about what herbs to rinse hair.
Strengthening hair at home, in which decoctions of herbs are used, is much more useful than washing and rinsing your hair with regular shampoos. Herbs for hair will relieve dandruff, make curls stronger and give them a good natural shine. Rinsing hair with herbs is an affordable method that does not require large expenditures and efforts.
The best herbs for washing the head
Useful herbs for hair is better to collect in places that are far from industrial areas and highways. It is necessary to dry herbs in a room where there is always access to fresh air, and to store them in cotton bags. Shelf life — 2 years. And now we list the best and most effective herbs for rinsing hair:
- Chamomile. This plant is great for owners of light strands. The decoction of chamomile has anti-inflammatory properties, soothes the scalp well, and also enhances the natural blond shade.
- Birch tree. Washing hair with birch decoctions is primarily for people with bold type of strands, dandruff or those who suffer from alopecia (alopecia).
- Mint. When it comes to herbs for dry hair, it is mint that comes to mind first. A decoction of this plant gives invigorating and cool sensations, and also has antiseptic properties that can soothe irritated skin. Mint also gives a good effect when interacting with linden, so it is better to do a decoction with these two components at once.
- Nettle. If you need herbs from hair loss and hair growth at home, then be sure to pay attention to nettles. Infusion or decoction of this herb can strengthen the roots well, prevent baldness and improve blood circulation in the scalp.
- Calendula. This tool is worth rinsing hair with severe itching of the skin. Calendula flowers have an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect, as well as add resilience and elasticity to curls.
- Burdock Medicinal decoctions, prepared on the basis of burdock, help get rid of excessive greasiness strands. Also, a decoction of burdock is a good remedy for hair loss and for hair growth.
- Rosemary. This plant improves subcutaneous microcirculation of blood, nourishes the roots, accelerates hair growth, and also copes well with the fat content of the head. Thanks to rosemary, the hair will be more lush and light.
- Lavender. This herb can help a person with itching on the head, seborrhea, and is also a good remedy for dandruff and baldness. This is a universal plant that will suit both people with fatty strands, and those who have them dry. In addition, lavender decoction is a good conditioner, it should be applied to the hair after shampooing.
For any type of hair
All of the above herbs should be selected depending on the type of strands. And what herbs are suitable for any type of curls? Let’s find out.
- Coltsfoot. This herb can stop loss, relieve dandruff, and soothe the scalp when irritated. Coltsfoot also has a good refreshing effect and significantly facilitates combing.
- Ready pharmacy fees. Herbal decoctions of them are well refreshed skin and stabilize the work of sebaceous glands.
- Lemongrass, cornflower and pink flowers. This collection is well nourishes and brightens the strands.
- Knotweed, borage, shepherd’s bag. These plants slow down hair loss.
- Lily of the valley and loach These spring flowers will give the volume and strength of hair, relieve hair from fat and overcome dandruff.
You have already learned what herbs are good for hair. Now it’s time to get acquainted with the recipes, thanks to which you can prepare effective decoctions for hair.
- A remedy for hair loss from nettle. Earlier it was said that there is no better grass for hair growth than nettle. To prepare a high-quality decoction of nettle for rinsing hair, follow these guidelines:
- chop the nettle leaves;
- put in a glass container;
- pour half a liter of water and vinegar as much;
- boil the mixture for half an hour in a water bath;
Try to rinse the hair with this decoction after each shampooing procedure.
- Rosemary and chamomile are wonderful herbs for strengthening hair at home. A decoction of these plants is prepared as follows:
- mix a tablespoon of chamomile and a tablespoon of rosemary;
- add 5 bay leaves;
- cover with a liter of water and boil for 10 minutes;
The resulting decoction is applied after washing the head.
- Means for strengthening from birch leaves. Perhaps the easiest recipe of all. So, cooking:
- pour a tablespoon of dry birch leaves with two cups of hot water;
- Put the dishes with the mixture under the blanket and let it brew for 2 hours.
Rinse curls with this decoction and rub into the scalp.
- Broth from baldness. We have already discussed herbs for quick hair growth, among which was lavender. The medicine from it is prepared this way:
- boil water and remove from heat;
- add apple vinegar (3 tablespoons) to the pan and mix thoroughly;
- pour half a cup of dried lavender flowers and mix again;
- cover the pan with a lid, then let the solution stand for 2–4 hours;
- strain. Infusion can be stored in the refrigerator in a glass container for 2 days.
- A decoction of burdock and calendula for fatty strands. Herbal decoctions of these two components have always been famous for their efficiency and ease of preparation:
- chop burdock roots;
- mix two tablespoons of calendula flowers and a tablespoon of chopped burdock roots;
- add half a liter of water and boil for 25 minutes;
Try to rinse them strands and rub them into the skin.
- Medicinal decoction of mint. For its preparation does not need much effort:
- chop fresh mint;
- two tablespoons of the cut plant pour two cups of boiling water and leave to infuse for half an hour;
- Strain and use as directed.
- A decoction of lime and mint from baldness. Earlier in the article it was mentioned that mint and linden have a positive effect on the condition of the hair. Together, these herbs strengthen follicles well and prevent their loss. An effective recipe that can help people suffering from baldness:
- Pour two tablespoons of linden flowers and the same mint with a glass of boiling water;
- put the dishes on a low fire and boil for 15 minutes.
The resulting decoction can wash your hair.
In some cases, decoctions of herbs can not be used. There are a number of contraindications that everyone should read:
- Allergy. People suffering from this disease should consult a doctor before using herbal rinses.
- Pregnancy. During this period, the woman’s body is vulnerable, which can cause exacerbated old diseases and new ones. All future moms who want to wash their heads with herbal decoction should remember one rule: be sure to consult a doctor before using them.
- Sensitivity. If after using herbs, itching or irritation of the skin begins, they should be discarded.
- Very light curls. With this type of hair, some herbs can dye them in a new color.
Having familiarized with the listed prohibitions and contraindications, you will avoid many unpleasant consequences of using herbal infusions and decoctions. Good luck!