Proper use of vodka for hair care, masks and oils recipes
Vodka for hair — a universal folk remedy that will allow to take care of the hair, contributing to its rapid growth and strengthening of the roots. Not every person pays attention to the fact that many cosmetics contain alcohol in their composition. Many girls, having seen alcohol in the composition, without a shadow of a doubt return the product to the shelf, and it is in vain. Vodka is a unique remedy that, if used properly, will help strengthen curls, restore shine and elasticity to them, prevent them from falling out, speed up growth and take care of getting rid of dandruff. Let’s look at why this is happening and what are the main beneficial properties of this alcoholic beverage.
Worth knowing! Vodka can be replaced with rum or brandy without additives. The effect of use will be similar.
The beneficial properties of alcohol for hair have long been known. Even our grandmothers actively used it to heal the scalp and hair. The external use of vodka has such positive effects as:
- increased hair growth due to improved blood flow and enhanced nutrition (after a month of regular use of masks, you will notice an updated “fluff” on the head);
- accelerated renewal of curls due to increased metabolism and nutrition of the hair follicles (hair will become thick and strong);
- active struggle with dandruff due to the antiseptic action that helps get rid of saprophytic fungi;
- antibacterial effect;
- restoration of smoothness and shine of hair;
- giving hair «liveliness»;
- the fight against excessive oily hair, as alcohol helps regulate the production of sebaceous glands, ensuring the purity of the curls for a longer time;
- improved absorption of useful components of curls.
Tip! It is worth using vodka, since alcohol in its pure form has a pronounced effect of drying, so it can harm curls.
When using masks with vodka in conjunction with medicines, treatment of oily or dry seborrhea will be quick and easy. In the future, you can use alcohol-containing cosmetics for prevention. It will be enough to apply a mask once a week to stop any symptoms.
Indications and contraindications to the use of vodka must be known if you decide to use this folk remedy.
The main indications include:
- loss of hair shine;
- slowing or stopping hair (in particular, alopecia);
- excessive hair loss;
- dryness and lifelessness of curls;
- split ends;
- tendency to rapid contamination of hair;
- excessive fat of curls.
It is worth remembering that vodka, like any other cosmetic, has contraindications. In particular, one should not use not only vodka, but also any alcohol-containing preparations in the following cases:
- Arterial hypertension and high blood pressure, as the product greatly accelerates blood. Alcohol-containing compositions can be replaced with kefir or herbal.
- Individual intolerance to alcohol.
- The presence of abrasions, wounds on the scalp, as alcohol-based compounds contribute to irritation.
It is important! Do not exceed the specified amount of alcohol-containing compositions. If you ignore this rule, you can burn, excessive dryness of the roots and curls in general.
Features of the use of vodka masks should be known before use. In particular, you need to pay attention to the following recommendations:
- For the beauty of curls, you can use only vodka. Moonshine as an analog will not work. This will lead to the fact that the scalp is exposed to burns due to the fact that the concentration of alcohol in the composition is quite high.
- If you plan to use not vodka, but pure alcohol, then it should be diluted with water up to 40 degrees.
- Vodka can take any company and of any kind. The only condition is the presence of excise stamps, which will indicate that alcohol is not «singed».
- It is extremely undesirable to use vodka in its pure form in order not to overdry curls and scalp. This alcoholic beverage can be the basis, the positive effect of which is enhanced by other components (honey, onion, lemon, red pepper, castor oil, yolk or whole egg, onion peel, cloves).
- Mask compositions with oils, esters, dairy products, eggs, fruits and vegetables will suit owners of lifeless and dry strands.
- Girls with oily hair should look to aggressive components (mustard, lemon juice, cinnamon) as components of a vodka mask.
- Each woman knows that the hair tends to get used to the action of specific masks, both homemade and store. To prevent this, you need to constantly change recipes, and not use the same.
- In the presence of split ends, in addition to using a vodka mask, you need to process them with any cosmetic oil in its pure form. Olive, burdock, sea buckthorn, almond, corn and other vegetable products, including castorcas, are distinctively suitable.
- To add extra volume, strength and shine to the curls, you need to add vodka to ordinary shampoo. Per 100 grams of detergent will be enough 25 ml of alcohol. In this case, the usual water procedures are carried out, and the hair will be healed.
- Hair prone to fat and rapid contamination, we need not only a mask, but also extra care. In particular, they should be rinsed with lemon or acetic water or a decoction of medicinal plants.
- For girls with dry hair it is enough to make a mask 1-2 times a week, and owners of fat curls will have to repeat the procedure 2-3 times a week. If applying a mask with vodka is required for prophylaxis, then it is enough to do the procedure 1 time in 10 days.
- The duration of the treatment with masks with vodka is directly determined by the initial state of the hair and the existing problems. The maximum duration is two months. After this time, be sure to take a break.
How to apply vodka for curls? There is a wide variety of uses: masks, tinctures, lotions. With the help of vodka, you can even lighten the hair, combining it with carbonated water. Let’s get acquainted with the most popular ways to use this alcoholic beverage.
One of the popular recipes — adding vodka to shampoo. The technology is extremely simple: for 100 grams of shampoo you will need 25 ml of vodka. After that, the mixture must be mixed well — and it is ready for use. It is recommended to apply such a shampoo on the hair, churn, hold for 10 minutes and only then rinse. Daily use of such a composition is not necessary. Enough once a week.
Popular and tincture with vodka. The most common are the following:
- Tincture of hot pepper. It accelerates the growth of curls several times. Preparing a remedy of five pieces of red pepper (bitter), which is poured 500 ml of vodka and insist week. After this time, you should strain the composition and rub it into the scalp 20 minutes before washing. With sensitive skin tincture can be diluted with water (in a ratio of 1 to 1). Store the tool is recommended in the refrigerator.
- Nettle tincture. It is recommended to accelerate hair growth. It is enough to collect the nettle leaves, chop them and fill with vodka. The process of insisting lasts about a week. Next, you need to strain the tincture — and it can be used by rubbing into the hair roots. The result is increased hair nourishment and, consequently, faster growth.
- Tincture with parsley and garlic. You will need a bunch of parsley and 2 cloves of garlic. They are poured with a glass of vodka. It is necessary to insist on such a composition within 14 days. After this means you need to rub into the scalp for a month 1 time per week. It is possible to use the composition both before washing the head and applying the composition on clean curls.
- Onion tincture. It will take 500 grams of onion peel, 6 carnation buds, which are poured with a glass of vodka. Insist the composition in a dark place for 10 days. From time to time the composition needs to be shaken. Tincture of onion peel before use, you need to warm up, and then rub into the scalp with massage movements. After that, you need to cover the scalp with a plastic bag and wash off the composition in 1.5-2 hours.
- Rosemary tincture You will need a few leaves of rosemary (dry), which should be filled with vodka in the amount of 150 ml. The tool must be infused for three days. Then it can be rubbed into the scalp. The composition is effective in the fight against itching, excessive fat and dandruff.
The result from use is achieved thanks to the alcohol component. Bulbs receive a greater amount of oxygen, enhancing nutrition. Reviews of those who have already tried the recipes, argue that it is possible to achieve such results as:
- the acquisition of curls of healthy appearance and shine;
- stop hair loss;
- growth acceleration;
- increase hair density;
- normalization of fat;
- hair remains clean for a longer time;
- dandruff disappears.
Masks with vodka for hair exist in a huge variety. The most popular and proven recipes are shown in the table.