Glycolic peeling — this is a salon procedure in which the upper layer of the skin undergoes deep cleansing, as a result of which the complexion improves, wrinkles are smoothed and the skin is moistened. Glycolic peeling procedure can be especially useful in the following cases:
- if a lot acne or acne;
- if not very deep folds or wrinkles;
- if the skin flakes and turns red from temperature changes;
- at freckles or other age spots;
- in order to prepare the skin for another procedure.
According to the reviews, glycolic peeling is a very effective procedure for cleansing the skin. You can read more about it in our article and in the video below.
The glycolic peeling procedure is performed using a special cream that consists of glycolic acid. This component can penetrate deep into the skin and heal it.
Glycolic acid is a substance that is found in products such as grapes and beets. Getting inside the skin cells, it accelerates its regeneration. In addition, glycolic peeling helps to improve the elasticity of the skin, prevent acne and peeling of the skin, and this chemical procedure allows you to rejuvenate the skin by smoothing out wrinkles.
In order to perform peeling at home, you will have to purchase a special set in a specialized store. It is also advisable to read the reviews of cosmetologists about a particular tool that you choose for peeling. The procedure itself is very simple, but the concentration of glycolic acid in the cream should be chosen correctly in order not to get a skin burn. In addition, there are two types of peeling: superficial and deep.
- Surface peeling is well performed in salons and at home. This procedure can be performed using a solution of glycolic acid 15, 30 or 40 percent. It is completely painless and does not bear any negative consequences, and also does not require additional skills.
- Deep Peeling can only be done in the salon, and only an experienced cosmetologist can perform it. The acidity of the glycol composition ranges from 40 to 70 percent. If it is not applied correctly, a chemical burn can be obtained. With deep glycolic peeling discomfort and pain is possible.
Professional glycolic products are quite expensive, however, if you have not dealt with this procedure yet, then you should not choose such products for home peeling. Salons can also offer you procedures for almond and salicylic-glycolic peeling, which cannot be done at home.
The advantage of glycolic peeling is that this procedure is suitable for any skin and it has no age limit. If the glycol peeling is done correctly, the result will be visible immediately with one procedure. For severely problematic skin, you may need to undergo a full course of procedures, which an experienced cosmetologist will help you to calculate in the salon.
If you decide to carry out glycolic peeling yourself at home, then the next section you just need to study.
The use of glycolic peels at home
The use of chemical glycolic peeling at home requires care, After all, having performed the procedure incorrectly, you risk getting skin burns. Therefore, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the recommendations that should be noted in order for the procedure to bring you only benefits.
- Before proceeding to peeling, you should have a few days prepare the skin. To do this, you must use a tool that contains about five or ten percent glycolic acid. You can buy it at a pharmacy or a specialty store, and apply it quite easily: within five to seven days, apply the product to your skin, after making sure that you are not allergic to its components. It would be very nice if the composition of such a weak glycolic cream will have a milk component, which will act as an acid neutralizer. After a week, you can freely begin a course of glycolic peeling.
- One day before the start of the course check your skin for allergies. To do this, you need to put a little glycolic cream on the skin in the bend of the elbow and wait for a while. If you have not seen any negative signs, it means that the procedure will be safe for you.
- Try right pick a tool for home peeling. You can buy it at a pharmacy or a specialty store, but you should abandon the purchase of the cream in the transition or on the market.
- Remember that before performing the procedure at home, the skin should be thoroughly peel off makeup and dust with lotions or antibacterial soaps.
So, having understood the recommendations, we can begin to get acquainted with the stages of the glycolic peeling at home. I would like to note that the maximum duration of the course is from ten to fourteen sessions. In this case, the procedure itself should be carried out once a week.
The first step is to remove the makeup and clean the face of dirt and grease. You can buy a special lotion, or you can use regular soap. Next, you need to apply to the skin a special warming composition that will remove the remaining fat from the skin and equalize its acid balance. This composition must be washed off the face with a damp cloth.
Now you can apply a peeling cream on your skin. To do this, you will need a special brush, so it is better to buy a complete set for home peeling. Applying the cream on the face, begin to distribute it over the skin with a brush. It is best to start peeling from the forehead area, gradually moving to the chin. The eyelids can also be applied to the eyelids, but this should be done very carefully, avoiding contact with the eyes.
If after applying the skin on the face reddened in more than three places and started to burn, then you should immediately use a neutralizing cream and wash off the composition from the skin. AT In general, the gel should be on the skin for ten to fifteen minutes, and if you have not experienced any discomfort, it is washed off with simple running water.
After you have completed the glycolic peeling procedure, you should apply a special moisturizer to your face that nourishes the skin cells and prevents irritation or redness.
Also do not forget that among the huge number of diverse companies, you must choose a truly effective products. Judging by the reviews, the most popular are such creams:
The cost of the procedure carried out at home is significantly lower than the price for the procedure carried out in the salon. However, you should take into account the fact that the masters in the cabin have much more experience, so the result will be much better.
Contraindications for use and care after the procedure
Like any other procedure, glycolic peeling has contraindications, who should know if you do not want to be disappointed in the procedure. Anyway, it is necessary to know that glycolic acid peeling is prohibited in cases where:
- there are fresh wounds or sores on the skin, as well as herpes;
- the girl is pregnant;
- have an allergy to fruit acid;
- there is an individual intolerance to the product.
Also, many are interested in the question: «Is it possible to do glycolic peeling for rosacea?». The answer is unequivocal: yes, but only if the composition of the cream for peeling contains chitosan. If the disease is in the acute stage, the peeling procedure is better to be postponed.
Skin care after the procedure should also be correct. It is not recommended to go out into the frost or visit baths and saunas in the first few hours after glycolic peeling. If possible, use daily moisturizing fat cream, otherwise the skin may begin to peel off.
By following these simple recommendations, you can ensure your skin looks healthy, get rid of acne and smooth wrinkles. We suggest you look at the photos before and after the procedure so that you can determine if you need it.