The best recipes for home body scrubs
In order for the skin to become smooth, velvety and fresh, you need to periodically clean it, using special means — scrubs. They not only release the skin from dust particles, dead cells and sebum, but also stimulate the rush of blood to it and, accordingly, its nutrition.
Now in the cosmetic stores you can find a lot of scrubs with different functions (toning, soothing, etc.). However, they contain many chemical additives that can cause allergies, and in general are not useful. In addition, such cosmetics are quite expensive.
It is much more profitable to prepare a body scrub at home: the ingredients for it are always on hand, and natural ingredients will be much more beneficial for the skin.
What is this tool and how to apply it
Any such remedy consists of small particles that remove dirt, and a base that moisturizes cleansed skin. This is what makes up the body scrub.
The cleaning procedure is called peeling, and it is recommended for the following reasons:
- scrub removes any impurities from the skin;
- purified epidermis is better supplied with oxygen;
- as a result of cleansing improves blood circulation in the body;
- skin tightens;
- many types of scrub include essential oils that soothe the nervous system and help to relax;
- After cleansing, the skin absorbs creams and other cosmetics better, so the effect of them is higher.
On the other hand, there are serious contraindications for peeling. It is not recommended for people with sensitive skin (it can be injured during the procedure), with mechanical injuries or dermatitis, with allergies, as well as pregnant and lactating women.
Applying a body scrub at home and not in the salon, it is important to know how to apply it correctly. The skin should be clean and wet (the best time for the procedure is immediately after washing).
Apply the product with a gloved hand with light circular motions on the lymph current (bottom-up, from the legs to the neck, from the extremities towards the center of the body). Leave the substance should be for 6-12 minutes, and then rinse with a shower and smear with moisturizing cream (even if the scrub itself was with moisturizing oil).
The frequency of application is determined by the type of skin: for a dry procedure, you need to be done once every 2 weeks, for oily — once every 5 days, for normal — every week.
A natural scrub made at home will provide a much greater effect than a purchased one. Numerous homemade recipes make it possible to prepare the product to your liking: from different ingredients, with different functions.
Do it yourself
The question of how to make a body scrub is relevant, but not complicated. As solid scraper particles, you can take ground coffee, sugar (the usual white or brown), salt (cooked or sea), cinnamon, ground fruit pits, cereals, coconut chips, etc. It is good to make a moisturizing component from cream, yogurt, honey, various vegetable oils. And in order to smell pleasantly, you can add any essential oil.
Tips for making:
- the main rule: the scrub needs to be cooked in clean dishes, even rinsed with boiling water, because the peeled skin becomes especially susceptible to infections;
- coffee must be ground, medium or finely ground: coarse ground coffee can damage the skin, and soluble is ineffective;
- Before you use the tool, you need to put it on a small area of the body and see if there is an allergic reaction;
- it is the best of all to grind stones the blender;
- it is better to prepare the scrub immediately before application.
Homemade recipes for peeling mixtures exist in large quantities, you can prepare a scrub from virtually any product. The main thing — to determine exactly what the body needs.
- lifting — for skin tightening;
- for dry skin — the most benign, made from small cleansing ingredients;
- to even out skin tone.
And whatever type of scrub may belong, its main effect is cleansing.
Simple and profitable options
The best body scrubs with a tightening effect:
- from pumpkin: mix pumpkin pulp, coconut oil, cinnamon, liquid vitamin E and cane sugar (dosage: half a cup, 5 drops, a glass, respectively);
- with almond oil: mix sugar, almond oil, crushed nuts themselves and vitamin E (1 cup, 10 drops and 7 drops, respectively);
- coffee: use coffee grounds, crushed grape seeds, essential oil (100 g, a tablespoon and 10 drops, respectively).
Homemade recipes moisturizing scrubs:
- banana: mix in a blender slices of banana, shea butter and coconut (for a quarter cup of each);
- from sugar and coconut: take cane sugar, sour cream and grated coconut pulp, mix everything, add 2-3 drops of lemon or orange oil for flavor (dosage: 2 tablespoons, 3 tea, 1 table);
- oat-cinnamon: pour warm milk into the container, add oatmeal, cinnamon and a spoon of almond oil (4 spoons, 3, 2 and 1, respectively).
- with green tea: consists of sea salt, soda, crushed apricot seeds, a few drops of orange or lime oil and green tea from a bag (half a cup of salt, a spoonful of soda and stones);
- with rose: a mixture of regular sugar, honey, jojoba oil, dried rose petals, lavender flowers, additional drop of rose oil (dosage: sugar — a glass, honey and jojoba — a spoon, petals — half a cup).
- with black pepper: make a mixture of pepper, coffee grounds and sea buckthorn oil;
- with coffee and apple: mix the thick of brewed coffee, peeled and grated apple, olive oil;
- from grapefruit: mix grapefruit zest and juice with a mixer, half a cup of coconut oil and sugar.
Homemade anti-cellulite scrub recipes:
- chocolate: use a quarter cup of chocolate (natural!), half a cup of cane sugar and coconut oil;
- pepper-cinnamon: take half a spoonful of cinnamon and ground black pepper, regular salt, olive oil (2 and 1 spoon, respectively);
- coffee: grind the coffee, put in it either sugar or sea salt, olive oil (half a glass and 2 spoons, respectively), drip the aroma for the aroma.
Skin Leveling Scrubs:
- lemon: it includes lemon juice, solid honey, warm milk, poppy (all for half a cup);
- with lemon and sea salt: grind sea salt in a coffee grinder, add cream and vegetable oil (dosage: 1-2 tablespoons, 3-4 tablespoons, 1 spoon, respectively).
Using these homemade recipes, you can make the skin clean, supple and healthy, but to truly improve her condition, you need to reconsider your lifestyle.
It is very important to give up smoking and alcohol, walk more in the open air, try to avoid stress, eat right: eat more healthy plant foods, keep a balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, replace snacks with full meals.
Anyone who wants to clean the skin, it is better to prepare a home body scrub: it will be cheaper, and its natural ingredients are much more useful than synthetic ones.