Apricot jam — beneficial properties, composition and calorie content
Calorie content: 236 kcal.
Energy value of the product Apricot jam:
Fat: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 62 g.
Apricot jam (see photo) — one of the most desired and favorite winter blanks of any hostess. Such a product is not only an excellent filling for a myriad of various dishes (pies, pancakes, muffins, cakes), but also they fill ice cream, and it also forms the basis for the manufacture of alcoholic beverages. And how many options are there for making such a jam for the winter, there’s no one to count on your fingers.
Since the jam has a rich aroma and amazing taste, it will not leave indifferent anyone who decided to try it.
Due to the fact that the apricot itself contains many useful and nutrients, they are also present in the jam. Therefore, in the cold season it will be not only pleasant to eat it, but also useful.
The calorie content of this product is quite high, so they should not be abused. It is better to eat a little bit, than to run to the doctor for help.
The beneficial properties of apricot jam cover a wide range of vital functions of the body. Despite the fact that during harvest apricots are amenable to heat treatment, they still retain their useful and nutrients.
Due to this jam contains:
- iodine, iron, potassium, magnesium;
The use of the product contributes to:
- normalization of the stool, improving the digestion process;
- cleanse the body of toxins;
- reducing cardiovascular risk;
- strengthen the immune system;
- improving the work of the heart;
- reduce the inflammatory process for colds.
Despite the variety of beneficial properties of jam, it has contraindications. It should not be used:
- people suffering from metabolic disorders;
- people who have an allergic reaction to apricots;
- with intestinal upset.
In addition, excessive consumption contributes to a set of extra pounds.
Following recommendations for proper cooking, You can easily make excellent apricot jam at home:
- First you need to prepare glass jars. First make sure that the packaging is intact, not broken. If there is at least one crack on the outer walls, then such a container is no longer suitable for closing the product. Covers should also be non-corrosive. To sterilize the container, take a large dish, fill with water and put on the heat to heat. As soon as the water boils, we put a sieve on top and put a jar on it so that the neck is at the bottom. Thanks to this method, the container is poured over with steam, which makes the can sterile. This procedure takes about fifteen minutes.
- Next, prepare the fruit. Rinse apricots thoroughly under running water, separate the bones from the pulp (it is enough to divide the apricot in half, then the bone will be easily removed). Damaged or soft fruit is better not to take, as this may spoil the product, and the shelf life will be reducedI.
Taking into account all the tips and recommendations for proper cooking, housewives can not worry about the fact that the product will deteriorate, not having time to visit the table as a treat for tea.
You can make not only tasty and fragrant pastries from apricot jam, but also an alcoholic drink (homemade wine).
Apricot Jam Wine
To cook such wine, you will need: a liter jar of apricot jam, one liter of water (only boiled), about a hundred grams of raisins, a three-liter bottle and a twist designed for fermenting wine.
First, sterilize the bottle, as advised in the recommendations for cooking. After that we put the raisins in there (it is not necessary to wash it, because it contains the components necessary for fermentation), take the jam from the jar and fill it with water, not reaching the neck. All ingredients are well mixed, and close the jar with a regular lid. Put the container in a warm room for about ten days.
At the end of ten days, strain the liquid. To do this, take a deep clean bowl, put ordinary gauze on top and strain the product. Next, take another sterile bottle, pour the wine into it and close with a special twist. We remove the container again in a warm room for about two months.
After the expiration of the wine will be ready. But to use it immediately is not worth it. It should be poured into glass bottles and put in a dark, cool place for about two months. This is done so that the drink can infuse. Once all stages are completed, the wine will be ready for use.
To make apricot jam pie, you need to melt about two hundred grams of butter in a small bowl, add two hundred grams of sugar to it and mix well to dissolve the sugar. Next, we drive in two eggs, pour out half a teaspoon of vanilla sugar and carefully mix until a homogeneous mixture is formed. After we put about eight hundred grams of flour into this liquid (maybe a little more) and add a teaspoon of baking powder. Mix everything well until the lumps in the test are eliminated.
Then divide the finished dough into two halves. We remove one into the freezer for about fifty minutes. And the other part is laid out in a baking mold and rolled out. Pour apricot jam from above and distribute it over the whole area. Then take the frozen dough, grate three and sprinkle with jam. We clean the oven for about thirty minutes. When the cake is ready, let it cool, and then you can serve it with tea.
Preparing apricot jam for the winter at home is quite simple. In addition, there are quite a few ways to cook. Therefore, everyone chooses what they like. Below is a video of how to cook classic apricot jam.